Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Help! Preloader v0.29 is driving me insane!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Help! Preloader v0.29 is driving me insane!

    Ok...


    I've followed the guide for 4.0 softmod on a virgin 4.0-U system. At the last step where Preloader v0.29 is installed through the HBC. It is now time to load the Systemmenu Hacks (the NTSChacks.ini file).


    I got the hacks.ini file from Dogeggs (many thanks) for v417. It is properly renamed "hacks.ini" without the quotes. It has the extra blank line at the end of the coding. It is loaded onto both the root of the SD card as well as in the root/apps/preloader file.


    I have rebooted the Wii and held reset to load Preloader. I enter the systemmenu hacks and get the "couldnt find hacks.ini on FAT or NAND" error. I MADE SURE the file is NTSC, for the 4.0 firmware, properly named, in the root, with the spacing, with a reboot, and this is NOT working. I've even tried BOTH a 512mb SD card as well as a 4gb HDSC card.


    Any help please...I'm begging here!



    Here is the contents of the hacks.ini file:

    [Replace Healthwarning with Backmenu]
    version=417
    offset=0x81655F04
    value=0x814092D4
    [Region free channels]
    version=417
    offset=0x8152D580,0x813B5FF4
    value=0x38000001,0x48000028
    [Skip disc update check]
    version=417
    offset=0x8137ED54,0x8137ED58
    value=0x60000000,0x60000000
    [Remove diag disc check]
    version=417
    offset=0x813793A4
    value=0x60000000
    [Autoboot Game press RIGHT on gc pad in 4th port]
    version=417
    offset=0x8137A770
    value=0x2C000002
    [Disc autostart]
    version=417
    offset=0x8137A758
    value=0x48000020
    [Remove NoCopy Protection]
    version=417
    offset=0x8134E1E0
    value=0x7C000000
    offset=0x8134E1F0,0x8134E1F4,0x8134E1F8,0x8134E1FC
    value=0x801C0024,0x5400003C,0x901C0024,0x48000018
    offset=0x81353DF8
    value=0x3BE00000
    offset=0x813C4C88,0x813C4C8C
    value=0x7C000000,0x4182001C
    offset=0x815C1B48
    value=0x38600001
    [Region free channels from SD]
    version=417
    offset=0x81530544
    value=0x4E800020
    [Region free Wii games]
    version=417
    offset=0x8137D378
    value=0x38000001
    offset=0x8137D63C
    value=0x38000001
    offset=0x8137F40C
    value=0x38600001
    [Force Disc Region]
    version=417
    offset=0x8137D65C
    value=0x4800001C
    offset=0x8137D680
    value=0x60000000
    [Move Disc Channel]
    version=417
    offset=0x813AF388
    value=0x60000000
    [No menu BGM]
    version=417
    offset=0x8136Acc8
    value=0x4E800020

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Solved. Just took a 418 ini file and replaced the text, worked then.


    Now if only NeoGamma would stop giving me 559 DRE's!


    Some work some don't..

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by biggnick View Post
    Solved. Just took a 418 ini file and replaced the text, worked then.


    Now if only NeoGamma would stop giving me 559 DRE's!


    Some work some don't..

    could I get that file i am having the same problem just boots straight to the wii menu no preloader

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    So you can't get into preloader? Boot the system and hold the reset button to get into preloader.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by biggnick View Post
    So you can't get into preloader? Boot the system and hold the reset button to get into preloader.
    Yeah that doesn't work i tried everything different hacks.ini everything but nothing works. do i even need to worry about it?

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbone13 View Post
    Yeah that doesn't work i tried everything different hacks.ini everything but nothing works. do i even need to worry about it?
    Well, preloader is what you need to access in order to tell your system not to load things like madatory disk updates, ect.

    If you are able to play the backups without those settings then I guess you're ok. It's more a matter of what YOU want to be able to do.


    I know that I've had a lot of hit and miss with the .IMG backups I've created. A bunch get the 324 error in Gamma, but most don't. It's still all a mystery to me, as the disks and burn speeds are the same for everything. It doesn't seem like adjusting the Preloader settings has helped anything.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by biggnick View Post
    Well, preloader is what you need to access in order to tell your system not to load things like madatory disk updates, ect.

    If you are able to play the backups without those settings then I guess you're ok. It's more a matter of what YOU want to be able to do.


    I know that I've had a lot of hit and miss with the .IMG backups I've created. A bunch get the 324 error in Gamma, but most don't. It's still all a mystery to me, as the disks and burn speeds are the same for everything. It doesn't seem like adjusting the Preloader settings has helped anything.
    thanks i will just let it go and not worry about it than

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •