SoftMii 2.9.5 is OUT, next 3.0.0!
That is what SoftMii team sais:
Hey all - Sorry for the delays but here it is - its still not complete hence it being titled 2.9.5
We will be releasing an update tomorrow to 3.0 with the new themes and the legal corp installer. We have included normal corp for everyone for tonight.
Sorry it's been a lil rushed, i set the releae date, another week may have helped. I would advise any of you who have CIOS REV10 to upgrade to CIOS rev 11 in our pack from our friend Waninkoko.
___| ___ / _| |_| \/ (_|_)
\___ \ / _ \| |_| __| |\/| | | |
___) | (_) | _| |_| | | | | |
|____/ \___/|_| \__|_| |_|_|_|
- No GC hardware (controllers, save cards) plugged in.
- PAL or NTSC-U Wii on System Menu 3.4 or older (System Menu 4.0 supported if you upgraded with Waninkoko's updater).
- SD Card (at least 128mb, max 2gb), formatted to FAT or FAT32.
- The SoftMii 3.0 pack, with the "SD Card" folder's contents placed on your SD card.
- The Wii game "Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess".
- Wii connected to internet via Wi-Fi.
With SoftMii, you get:
- Customized and hacked System Menu 3.2
- System Menu theming, themes available at SoftMii.org
- Full Disc Channel region-free backup loading
- GameCube Backups via Disc Channel
- No Copy Save Protections Removed
- Skip game updates
- No Error 002 in new games like NFS: Undercover
- No System Menu background music if desired
- Preloader 0.29 Installation
- Waninkoko's previously-unreleased cIOS rev11
- Move your Disc Channel anywhere
- Homebrew Channel 1.01 installation
- Region Free Channels
- Supports any Wii up to System Menu version 4.0!
RapidShare: Easy Filehosting
This work to L64U console????????????????? I tested the 2.9.6 and have the same problem of the blak screen
Hopefully 3.0 fixes the LU64 Wii's. I was unlucky to get one of these systems, it's my first Wii. I don't know if SoftMii is my only luck or not.
3 questions. do i have to downgrade from 3.4 to install, will i be able to install bootmii when it is released (as i am quite sure softmii uses preloader), and is softmii able to run backed up dual layer disks?
3.2 is the magic number. yes you have to be on 3.2 or upgraded with wani. upgrader on 4.0. softmii uses preloader. and yes you can run any region backups (single or dual layer) through the actual loader its self. and they have fixed something for the lu64 wii's. not sure cuz i dont have a lu64 one. check the readme files on softmii....
Originally Posted by ThetaSigma
will my games show up on disc channel? or will i have to use gamma loader to load them all?
how does that work? if it works on 4.0 then it should definitely work on 3.4.
has anyone tried this?
Some people do report it even works on LU64... but a lot of them say otherways.
Do not know who to trust, so will wait for v3
Any way this v2.9.5 is the best of all prototypes of v3, less bugy.
do not use any later versions!
One of good feedbacks (Sick!! Now I am loading custom wad channels off my 16gb sd card. This is an amazing update!! Thought that the music for usb loader was pretty sweet too. One problem though, don't think the BGM hack works. I set it to enabled and I still hear that annoyin twinkle)
This link is dead
is this the only softmod way to boot from the disc channel cause thats what i'm looking for?