Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: WiiSX

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    WiiSX

    I have recently downloaded from HBC browser the PSone emulator, aka: WiiSX

    Who has tested this beta version 57 and what results have you seen...

    The main game I am interested in is Gran Turismo. I have had very inconsistant results thus far, but I do realize this emulator is still in development...

    just interested in others comments and results....

    let me hear from you and your thoughts...

    really looking forward to a stable PSx emulator...

  2. #2
    New Member JohhnyDamage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarwii View Post
    I have recently downloaded from HBC browser the PSone emulator, aka: WiiSX

    Who has tested this beta version 57 and what results have you seen...

    The main game I am interested in is Gran Turismo. I have had very inconsistant results thus far, but I do realize this emulator is still in development...

    just interested in others comments and results....

    let me hear from you and your thoughts...

    really looking forward to a stable PSx emulator...
    All I've ever got is when i start it I get a code dump.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohhnyDamage View Post
    All I've ever got is when i start it I get a code dump.
    with what game? or do you get the code dump just by starting the emulator?

    with gran turismo if i select arcade i get a code dump

    when is select simulation i can go buy a car but when i try to race or qualify i get a code dump.

    the intro movie and main menu all seem to work fine, as do the sub-menu's, but the actual racing is another story

  4. #4
    New Member JohhnyDamage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarwii View Post
    with what game? or do you get the code dump just by starting the emulator?

    with gran turismo if i select arcade i get a code dump

    when is select simulation i can go buy a car but when i try to race or qualify i get a code dump.

    the intro movie and main menu all seem to work fine, as do the sub-menu's, but the actual racing is another story
    Marvel Vs. Capcom and Street Fighter 2 Alpha.

    I heard 2D fighters play very nice. But I can't get them to work.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I attempted to get Marvel vs. Capcom to work, but the file I had was intended for the PSP. After I converted it into a .bin file, I tried it out but it refused to load. I'm going to try the Mortal Kombat Trilogy next. By the way, does the PSX bios go in the root of the SD, in the image/ISO folder, or in its own folder?

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by an0mal0us View Post
    I attempted to get Marvel vs. Capcom to work, but the file I had was intended for the PSP. After I converted it into a .bin file, I tried it out but it refused to load. I'm going to try the Mortal Kombat Trilogy next. By the way, does the PSX bios go in the root of the SD, in the image/ISO folder, or in its own folder?
    If by bios you mean the emulator itself, I am loading mine through HBC, therefore it's in it's own folder under the HBC apps folder.

    The .bin file goes into PSXISOS...

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sorry, I wasn't very specific. Yeah, I'm using the HBC channel as well. So what you're saying is you didn't need anything other than the WiiSX app and a .bin file in the PSXISOS folder? The PC version of this emulator requires that you have a Playstation BIOS. Since WiiSX is a port, I assumed I needed a BIOS file. I guess I assumed wrong. Anyway, I just acquired a proper .bin file that I will test. I'll report on my findings. Cheers.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by an0mal0us View Post
    Sorry, I wasn't very specific. Yeah, I'm using the HBC channel as well. So what you're saying is you didn't need anything other than the WiiSX app and a .bin file in the PSXISOS folder? The PC version of this emulator requires that you have a Playstation BIOS. Since WiiSX is a port, I assumed I needed a BIOS file. I guess I assumed wrong. Anyway, I just acquired a proper .bin file that I will test. I'll report on my findings. Cheers.
    you are correct as far as i understand things... just the emualtor and a .bin file...

    good luck with your testing....

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Alright, great success! Sort of. Much like the Wii64 emulator, when I played Mortal Kombat Trilogy on the WiiSX beta the game ran at about half speed and around 35 frames per second. Other than it running slowly, everything worked normally; sound, loading, etc. No black screens or code dumps. It's gonna be fun when this thing gets out of beta. I guess we'll just have to wait until then.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by an0mal0us View Post
    Alright, great success! Sort of. Much like the Wii64 emulator, when I played Mortal Kombat Trilogy on the WiiSX beta the game ran at about half speed and around 35 frames per second. Other than it running slowly, everything worked normally; sound, loading, etc. No black screens or code dumps. It's gonna be fun when this thing gets out of beta. I guess we'll just have to wait until then.
    Yep, things will be cool when all the bugs are worked out... I'm waiting patiently...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •