Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Now ever more confused...

  1. #1
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,160
    Thanks
    968
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 874 Posts
    My Wii hasn't been playing GameCube games recently, it still plays Wii games though. Took it to a shop and had the laser replaced. The verdict: No change, the new laser made absolutely no difference
    What do I do now? If its not the laser what could it be?! Can anyone offer ANY suggestions at all that might fix the problem? I've tried replacing the MIOS and BC files, tried updating my cIOSs. What else can I do? Please help...

    P.S. I used to have NeoGamma and DarkCorp installed at one time if that could have done something, I just really want to fix this so I can rip my GameCube collection

    Sent from my iPhone using WiiHacks

  2. #2
    New Member candylove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    514
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 176 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SNES_Master View Post
    My Wii hasn't been playing GameCube games recently, it still plays Wii games though. Took it to a shop and had the laser replaced. The verdict: No change, the new laser made absolutely no difference
    What do I do now? If its not the laser what could it be?! Can anyone offer ANY suggestions at all that might fix the problem? I've tried replacing the MIOS and BC files, tried updating my cIOSs. What else can I do? Please help...

    P.S. I used to have NeoGamma and DarkCorp installed at one time if that could have done something, I just really want to fix this so I can rip my GameCube collection

    Sent from my iPhone using WiiHacks
    Install the official MIOS v10

  3. #3
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,160
    Thanks
    968
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 874 Posts
    Any idea were I might get one? I used Mod-Mii and NUS Downloader to get them but the ones it gave me didn't work.

    Sent from my iPhone using WiiHacks

  4. #4
    New Member candylove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    514
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 176 Times in 155 Posts
    http://www.wiihacks.com/other-faq-gu...os-v2-0-a.html
    RVL-cMIOS-v65535(v10)_WiiGator_WiiPower_v0.2.rar


    Losing Ability to Play Retail Discs

    You may have lost your ability to play retail discs because of DIOS MIOS. If you have, the first thing you should try is updating your wad to update 5 or higher. (Simply re-install the newer dios mios wad with wad manager). Either way, you should always have the newest version.

    To allow you to play retail GameCube Games again:

    Re-install original mIOS file:



    • Download MIOS v10 and install it using Wad Manager and you're done.
    Last edited by candylove; 07-24-2012 at 09:00 PM.

  5. #5
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,160
    Thanks
    968
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 874 Posts
    Sadly I've tried that one as well. But it might be worth another shot.

    Sent from my iPhone using WiiHacks

  6. #6
    New Member candylove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    514
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 176 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SNES_Master View Post
    Sadly I've tried that one as well. But it might be worth another shot.

    Sent from my iPhone using WiiHacks
    I use wad manager 1.8, but wad manager 1.7 should work also.
    when I install
    RVL-cMIOS-v65535(v10)_WiiGator_WiiPower_v0.2 wad the disc channel loads GC retail games, I install 2.2 wad for the new usb loaders. the new DIOS MIOS Booter SVN r30 will load retail discs in DVD Drive and usb drive

    the new DIOS MIOS Booter came out with 2.2

    Quote Originally Posted by candylove View Post
    I use wad manager 1.8, but wad manager 1.7 should work also.
    when I install
    RVL-cMIOS-v65535(v10)_WiiGator_WiiPower_v0.2 wad the disc channel loads GC retail games, I install 2.2 wad for the new usb loaders. the new DIOS MIOS Booter SVN r30 will load retail discs in DVD Drive and usb drive

    the new DIOS MIOS Booter came out with 2.2
    RVL-cMIOS-v65535(v10)_WiiGator_WiiPower_v0.2 wad, the disc channel loads GC retail games

    2.2 wad the new loaders loads GC retail games not the disc channel

    I guess you have to pick one wad, disc channel or USB loaders for retail games disc

    CleanRip works perfect with DIOS MIOS 2.2

    Quote Originally Posted by SNES_Master View Post
    My Wii hasn't been playing GameCube games recently, it still plays Wii games though. Took it to a shop and had the laser replaced. The verdict: No change, the new laser made absolutely no difference
    What do I do now? If its not the laser what could it be?! Can anyone offer ANY suggestions at all that might fix the problem? I've tried replacing the MIOS and BC files, tried updating my cIOSs. What else can I do? Please help...

    P.S. I used to have NeoGamma and DarkCorp installed at one time if that could have done something, I just really want to fix this so I can rip my GameCube collection

    Sent from my iPhone using WiiHacks
    if it plays wii disc, its not the laser its the wad


    Please Use The EDIT Function.
    Last edited by Jax; 07-25-2012 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Merged Posts.

  7. #7
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,160
    Thanks
    968
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 874 Posts
    Well, I just got my Wii back so I guess it's time to play "Dr. Fixit" lol....something's got to work.

    Probably just gonna do a 100% total rehack starting from scratch using the guide on this site

    Sent from my iPhone using WiiHacks

  8. #8
    New Member candylove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    514
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 176 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SNES_Master View Post
    Well, I just got my Wii back so I guess it's time to play "Dr. Fixit" lol....something's got to work.

    Probably just gonna do a 100% total rehack starting from scratch using the guide on this site

    Sent from my iPhone using WiiHacks
    good luck and have fun

  9. #9
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,160
    Thanks
    968
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 874 Posts
    Thanks
    If its not the laser it must be the software, so if this doesn't work I don't know what to do next lol

    Sent from my iPhone using WiiHacks

    Edit: Not the softmod either

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •