Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Need help cfg

  1. #11
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    30
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    im using an0ther sd card8g for tryout of games. My sd is unreadable by my pc. When i open it, it asks if i want to format. Though i thought it needs to be formatted, i opened it with wfbs manager 3.0. And all games are shown.

  2. #12
    New Member whackabump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    102
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 28 Times in 20 Posts
    It may be that - as I said before - the wii is picky about sd cards, and I've never heard of wii games being played from an sd card and certainly not an 8 gb one, I've heard it's possible to play gamecube games from sd card but not wii games. Did you format the sd card to wbfs format using wbfs manger? I think wbfs manager can only format the whole sd card or hard drive not partially.
    JUST BOUGHT A WHITE WII U! ID is uglyguy


  3. #13
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    30
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    youre right. im done doing on reformat and it is formatted as whole. it cannot be formatted partially. how about usb's? will it work?

  4. #14
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Game Master
    cjizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southeast Ohio
    Posts
    6,172
    Thanks
    1,437
    Thanked 2,544 Times in 1,880 Posts
    You can play Wii games from sd using neogamma, but it has been known to be problematic with some.

  5. #15
    New Member whackabump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    102
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 28 Times in 20 Posts
    My experience of using USB hard drives and flash drives has shown that homebrew apps sometimes do not show up on the homebrew channel, that's why I use sd cards to launch apps and a hard drive to play games. Much more reliable and less complicated. ;-)
    JUST BOUGHT A WHITE WII U! ID is uglyguy


  6. #16
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    30
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mkhacker View Post
    My experience of using USB hard drives and flash drives has shown that homebrew apps sometimes do not show up on the homebrew channel, that's why I use sd cards to launch apps and a hard drive to play games. Much more reliable and less complicated. ;-)

    how about usb device only? could it be reliable?what hard drvie do you use?

  7. #17
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    30
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cjizzle View Post
    You can play Wii games from sd using neogamma, but it has been known to be problematic with some.

    could you have any suggestions? mostly i dont have a hdd at a moment..

  8. #18
    New Member whackabump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    102
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 28 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beaterkz

    how about usb device only? could it be reliable?what hard drvie do you use?
    I use a seagate 1 tb hard drive. A while ago I did partition it to wbfs and fat 32 and put some apps on it but like I said the apps didn't show up in the Hbc. So I had to reformat the hard drive back to wbfs and copy all my games again 😁. So I don't think it would be reliable.
    JUST BOUGHT A WHITE WII U! ID is uglyguy


  9. #19
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    30
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mkhacker View Post
    I use a seagate 1 tb hard drive. A while ago I did partition it to wbfs and fat 32 and put some apps on it but like I said the apps didn't show up in the Hbc. So I had to reformat the hard drive back to wbfs and copy all my games again . So I don't think it would be reliable.
    i think what i do really need is a hard drive and separate sd card? is 80g enough?

  10. #20
    New Member whackabump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    102
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 28 Times in 20 Posts
    80 gb should be enough for a few games , depends how many and how much gb each of your games are, how many games do you want to install? You might get 20 - 30 games on 80 gb hard drive, I still have at least a whole tb left on my hard drive (I thought I would need a lot of gb for all my games).

    Sent from my iPhone using WiiHacks
    JUST BOUGHT A WHITE WII U! ID is uglyguy


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •