Admin / Super Mod
If u are below LU3186757... u should have a d2b chip
If u are above LU3186757... u should have a d2c chip...definitely not a d2c2...now nothing is definite
unless your wii has been to nintendo lately
Last edited by ModderMan; 07-07-2008 at 12:08 PM.
Wiihacks Super Mod / Admin
I'm confused by your post...I'm not below both. I have a LU318725xxx...serial number. I purchased it around Sept. - Oct. 2007.
Originally Posted by ModderMan
No my Wii has not been to nintendo since owning it. According to the serial tracker I should have a D2C, but the tracker doesn't track D2C2's seperately from the D2C's.
If I have the right wii-clip and mod chip, what else could it be. Do you think I need to solder the compacitor that Wasabi's website recommends? I was hoping to not have to solder anything, hence the reason I bought the wii-clip.
Last edited by drunkenmaster; 06-05-2008 at 09:58 AM.
I am also having the exact same problem as drunkenmaster. Installed the Wasabi with Wii-Clip v5 on my D2C Wii (the chip on the board actually says GC2-D2C). LED is green on wasabi and originals play fine. However, backups are not working. The drive spins but cannot detect the backup. I've tried the longer CLK wire that other forums have suggested, but that did not work. I don't believe it is a media problem, however, I cannot completely rule it out.
Any insight would be greatly appreciated it! Thanks in advance.
you can get the d2pro9v2 bundled with the v4c clip or you can buy the wasabiv2 chip and unsolder your wasabiv1 and replace it with the v2 ,the v2 are better than the v1 ,they don't have any issues.
Originally Posted by drunkenmaster
I just wanted to follow up on my previous post. I finally figured out why the backups were not working for me although the Wasabi chip v1 + Wii-Clip v5 gave me a green light and originals were working. It was due to the speed that I was burning the discs.
I've read in other posts that it is best to burn at 2x if possible. So, I did on the media that I had and that didn't work. After a lot of trial and error with different burners, media, and settings, it turns out that all I needed to do was burn at the speed that the media recommended which was 4x or 8x.
I feel so stupid for overlooking something so simple, but I'm just glad it is working now. I hope this helps others in the same situation.