Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 76

Thread: Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii

  1. #21
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    this looks like it will be a lot of fun

  2. #22
    New Member karloz25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    142
    Thanks
    75
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    YouTube - New Mario Bros Wii 2 - THE NEXT LEVELS

    Someone already beat you to it and released it and fully playable on usb loader...


    This game is simply AWESOME!

    90% New Levels, Hard as Hell!
    Took me a couple tries to beat Level 1 World 1 !!!!

    Can't wait for more of these CUSTOM LEVEL EDITED games to surface.

    Also there is a Kustom Mario Kart Wii out too!




    Download the Full ISO here: [I really want Wiihacks to get shut down apparently, I FAIL]
    Last edited by Ithian; 05-26-2010 at 10:00 AM.

  3. #23
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by karloz25 View Post
    YouTube - New Mario Bros Wii 2 - THE NEXT LEVELS

    Someone already beat you to it and released it and fully playable on usb loader...


    This game is simply AWESOME!

    90% New Levels, Hard as Hell!
    Took me a couple tries to beat Level 1 World 1 !!!!

    Can't wait for more of these CUSTOM LEVEL EDITED games to surface.

    Also there is a Kustom Mario Kart Wii out too!




    Download the Full ISO here: [I also posted this link in other threads, I REALLY FAIL]
    This game appears like most other SMW level hacks. It is just hard and imho not worth playing. I don't want anything that is impossible to play. That is why I am excited by newer super mario bros wii.

    Edit: Upon watching it again it looks like it has just been thrown together at random. Levels have no themes within the world and enemies look like they are haphazardly placed in an effort to make the game harder, which was done. This hack boarders on impossible it seems. I do however love how you shameless plugged your own hack with what I consider to be undue praise in a thread about another hack.
    Last edited by Ithian; 05-26-2010 at 10:04 AM.

  4. #24
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Syco54645 View Post
    This game appears like most other SMW level hacks. It is just hard and imho not worth playing. I don't want anything that is impossible to play. That is why I am excited by newer super mario bros wii.

    Edit: Upon watching it again it looks like it has just been thrown together at random. Levels have no themes within the world and enemies look like they are haphazardly placed in an effort to make the game harder, which was done. This hack boarders on impossible it seems. I do however love how you shameless plugged your own hack with what I consider to be undue praise in a thread about another hack.

    Im glad other people feel that way, because its exactly how i felt. I was excited to play "newer super mario bros" when i found "the next levels" Upon playing the first level, i quickly lost interest. Its isn't a "well crafted" game. Its "hard." i don't feel like im playing a sequal, i feel like i'm playing a fan made game, with the only intentions being that the game is hard. The first level is a jumbled up mess, and then i go to play the second level, on the map its all bright and cheery, and go into the level and its a dark ghost level. It doesn't feel like nintendo made that version at all. Which is what i think a release should be aiming for

  5. #25
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j4str View Post
    Im glad other people feel that way, because its exactly how i felt. I was excited to play "newer super mario bros" when i found "the next levels" Upon playing the first level, i quickly lost interest. Its isn't a "well crafted" game. Its "hard." i don't feel like im playing a sequal, i feel like i'm playing a fan made game, with the only intentions being that the game is hard. The first level is a jumbled up mess, and then i go to play the second level, on the map its all bright and cheery, and go into the level and its a dark ghost level. It doesn't feel like nintendo made that version at all. Which is what i think a release should be aiming for
    I am glad too that I am not the only person that felt that way. I hope that newer doesn't get canned and it spawns a few more sequels. That would be so awesome!

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,219
    Thanks
    699
    Thanked 2,297 Times in 1,217 Posts
    Blog Entries
    17
    Concerning that "The Next Levels" mod, I have it but haven't tried it yet. From what I saw in the trailer it appears to be a mix of levels which were submitted to the file depot all compiled into one ISO. In other words those levels would already have been available. If that's the case, and from your responses it sounds like it might be, the end result would be a mix and match Frankenstein of levels with no progressive cohesion. While it's convenient to have this ISO released now, I wouldn't compare the two projects just yet.

    Newer has had a very specific game plan from the beginning, designing specific World themes and levels to match. They're also adding in textures, new characters, a new sound track, and attempting to introduce new elements to the game play which are not currently present in the original release. As far as I know the Newer team is looking to release by the end of the year. Yes, they're taking a significant amount of time on this project. Their aim is to release a brand new game with the quality, layout, efficiency, and efficacy of an original release. We'll see what happens.
    "I think that the Wii is a beautiful piece of hardware, and a broken Wii is a tragedy. It doesn’t matter why or how." -- Bushing

  7. #27
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    Wall-Eyed Mucksucker
    emuhack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Windy City
    Posts
    7,473
    Thanks
    892
    Thanked 2,132 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries
    13
    i have it as well and will report more as i go home tnight and play it with the kids.....


  8. #28
    Senior Member Krank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,895
    Thanks
    953
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    I agree that the two shoudn't be compared. "2" Is obviously just random levels replaced into the ISO. ( Which is okay, but not a NEW game to me) Can't wait for NEWER!
    Damn I suck!!!!

  9. #29
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithian View Post
    Yes, they're taking a significant amount of time on this project.
    Still faster than big N...

  10. #30
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    Wall-Eyed Mucksucker
    emuhack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Windy City
    Posts
    7,473
    Thanks
    892
    Thanked 2,132 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries
    13
    ok so me and the boys are playing it... and i had to intersept a flying wii remote to my 50 inch lcd from my 5 yr. old... HE IS SO PISSED... lol rofl... it is harder for him but hey the levels are cool...

    - -

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •