View Poll Results: Did This Guide Work For You?

Voters
177. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, It Worked great!

    139 78.53%
  • No, I still need help.

    38 21.47%
Page 263 of 313 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263264265273 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,630 of 3125

Thread: dsgsdgs

  1. #2621
    Senior Member
    Legendary
    EMPRESS of ALL
    Retired Head Admin

    Do NOT PM for Site or Wii Issues
    Gen3SF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,036
    Thanks
    434
    Thanked 4,658 Times in 2,237 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by mc197 View Post
    I finally installed all the WADs correctly. When I go to install priiloader, I don't see the options block online updates or block disc updates. It simply just installs and then takes me back to the homebrew channel. Did I do something wrong, or is this ok?
    Did you restart the Wii yet? If so, press the console reset button for a few seconds and the Priiloader menu screen should pop up. From there you can enable the needed options.

  2. #2622
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darlyboy View Post
    ok ive got the wads all installed but now when i go to download priiloader through apps manager it says:
    es-identity failed, error 4294966279. iso36 not patched with es_diverify?
    using cios (Holding b and then pressing + or - ) will probably solve this.
    note: you need cios for this
    do you wish to continue?
    a=yes b= no sart = exit

    when i try anything here it goes to a black screen with fussy white on it and then lets me do nothing.
    what do i do next please
    Power off/on the wii again. This happened to me twice when I attempted to install the priiloader. It worked on the third try. So keep retrying. Make sure that you hold down B then +/A when you try to install the priiloader. I was able to install it on my third try.

  3. #2623
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Will this method also work on a chipped wii that has been updated to 4.3u?

  4. #2624
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 64 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gen3sf View Post
    Did you already try installing the wad files individually?
    I don't know to install the individual files. I don't think I'm even at that step yet.

    So far.... I've installed HackMii installer and HBC and BootMii to IOS using Smash Stack. I've backed up my nand files (which had 2 bad blocks). I reformat my SD card on my Mac to a clean FAT32 drive. I don't have access to a Windows machine. Then I plug the clean SD card back into the Wii and try to launch BootMii again. The tv goes black and the wii disc drive flashes blue indefinitely. It was suggested to restart the wii, reinstall BootMii and then launch Bootmii but I don't know how to re-access the Hackmii Installer without redo-ing the first two steps, which I think would alter the process of things?

    Any help is appreciated!

  5. #2625
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If I am to start this process of modding my wii and I come across an error or a problem, am I able to get out of it if there is no solution from someone here? Meaning will it be bricked if I cannot fix that error and I can't play the wii virgin?

    I really want to mod my wii, just want to know the chances of something bricking using this guide.

  6. #2626
    Senior Member
    Legendary
    EMPRESS of ALL
    Retired Head Admin

    Do NOT PM for Site or Wii Issues
    Gen3SF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,036
    Thanks
    434
    Thanked 4,658 Times in 2,237 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by m3Kgto View Post
    Will this method also work on a chipped wii that has been updated to 4.3u?
    Yes, it should. Wiis can be both hard- and soft-modded.

  7. #2627
    Senior Member
    Legendary
    EMPRESS of ALL
    Retired Head Admin

    Do NOT PM for Site or Wii Issues
    Gen3SF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,036
    Thanks
    434
    Thanked 4,658 Times in 2,237 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginAsian55 View Post
    I don't know to install the individual files. I don't think I'm even at that step yet.

    So far.... I've installed HackMii installer and HBC and BootMii to IOS using Smash Stack. I've backed up my nand files (which had 2 bad blocks). I reformat my SD card on my Mac to a clean FAT32 drive. I don't have access to a Windows machine. Then I plug the clean SD card back into the Wii and try to launch BootMii again. The tv goes black and the wii disc drive flashes blue indefinitely. It was suggested to restart the wii, reinstall BootMii and then launch Bootmii but I don't know how to re-access the Hackmii Installer without redo-ing the first two steps, which I think would alter the process of things?

    Any help is appreciated!
    Thanks for the clarification, from your earlier post, I thought you were hung up with an incomplete Wad file install.
    Step by step then:

    • those 2 bad blocks are fine; up to 10% of the NAND can be bad without a problem-that would be up to 80 bad blocks tolerated.
    • On your reformat of the SD card, did you do a full format rather than a quick format? A full format will remove the previous files rather than just relabel the volume.
    • When you powerup the Wii, do you see the Homebrew Channel? If not, then redo the install HBC and bootmii steps-you exited too soon-read the tutorial more carefully, please.
    • If you see the HBC, then let's make sure your downloaded and installed the modpack alright. You should extract the modpack to the ROOT directory of that SD card. Make sure and run the checksums step.
    • From the HBC, press the Home button and load bootmii...continue tutorial.

  8. #2628
    Senior Member
    Legendary
    EMPRESS of ALL
    Retired Head Admin

    Do NOT PM for Site or Wii Issues
    Gen3SF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,036
    Thanks
    434
    Thanked 4,658 Times in 2,237 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by zsierra View Post
    If I am to start this process of modding my wii and I come across an error or a problem, am I able to get out of it if there is no solution from someone here? Meaning will it be bricked if I cannot fix that error and I can't play the wii virgin?

    I really want to mod my wii, just want to know the chances of something bricking using this guide.
    As with all the softmodding guides on this site, most folks run into trouble because they accidentally missed a step, failed to read ALL the text in the guide, rushed through, or improvised. If you want to softmod your Wii, make sure and read the tutorial very carefully, thoroughly, and multiple times. If something is unclear, post your question here. Good luck with your softmod.

  9. #2629
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 64 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gen3sf View Post
    Thanks for the clarification, from your earlier post, I thought you were hung up with an incomplete Wad file install.
    Step by step then:

    • those 2 bad blocks are fine; up to 10% of the NAND can be bad without a problem-that would be up to 80 bad blocks tolerated.
    • On your reformat of the SD card, did you do a full format rather than a quick format? A full format will remove the previous files rather than just relabel the volume.
    • When you powerup the Wii, do you see the Homebrew Channel? If not, then redo the install HBC and bootmii steps-you exited too soon-read the tutorial more carefully, please.
    • If you see the HBC, then let's make sure your downloaded and installed the modpack alright. You should extract the modpack to the ROOT directory of that SD card. Make sure and run the checksums step.
    • From the HBC, press the Home button and load bootmii...continue tutorial.

    I did a full reformat of my SD card, erasing all previous data. I still have HBC installed on my wii. I'm running off of Mac so I can't do the checksums with the .exe file. Am I okay to proceed with the guide without running the checksums or will I risk bricking my wii?

  10. #2630
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have completed all the steps up through Press HOME, launch Bootmii.

    Then, somehow the wiimote lost it's sync and I cannot continue any further. What should I do? It is on the BootMii screen that has the 4 icons, Wii, the homebrew channel, picture of an SD card, and picture of gears.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •