Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 211

Thread: NTFS Hard Drives - Formatting, Loading, Ripping, Playing - Redux

  1. #31
    Senior Member Cile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,071
    Thanks
    666
    Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,226 Posts
    Blog Entries
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn675 View Post
    should i give cfg a try now or stick with wiiflow
    in the app folder i have \apps\wiiflow\boot.dol
    try both/use both ...(make sure you have ios58 installed though)

    the forwarders seem to be your problem try each one....

  2. #32
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    i re-installed ios58-64-v6175.wad. i tryed using cfg they both (222,249) show me the games but when i click on the game it freezes the blue light on the wii comes on and thats it.. i have to unplug it to get it to restart (wii). anyother suggestions?

  3. #33
    Senior Member Cile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,071
    Thanks
    666
    Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,226 Posts
    Blog Entries
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn675 View Post
    i re-installed ios58-64-v6175.wad. i tryed using cfg they both (222,249) show me the games but when i click on the game it freezes the blue light on the wii comes on and thats it.. i have to unplug it to get it to restart (wii). anyother suggestions?
    post a syscheck ,reformat your hdd again....or better just go with fat32(ntfs doesnt seem to be going good for you) plus i am out of ideas....

    i have just recently gone to ntfs myself but havent run in any issues....

  4. #34
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I'm I missing someting?

    Hi Cile, I am new to the forum and have read over and over before I ask these ques. First off I soft modded my wii using your soft mod thread for 4.2 and its working great. I have a 160 g Seagate hardrive and trying to follow this thread to backup my games. Everything was going fine until I got to the step "Installing Loader and Fowarding Channels". It says I need to have ios58 installed. There is a ios58-64-v6176.wad in the wad folder is that what it is talking about?
    It gives me two options I can use either Configurable USB Loader or WiiFow. Which one should I use or recommend?
    Does the forwarder and cIOSx 249 (since I used your soft mod thread) both go on the hardrive? The reason I ask is becuse it says "Copy the Wad file to the Wad folder on my SD card and start HBC and load Wad Manager. Then select IOS249 and press A" when I do that on the wii the only 249 file I can find in the Wad manager is "cIOS249[56]-v20" and when I click "A" load it won't. It says "did not complete and give me a code (-2011).
    I'm I going about this step all wrong cause I can't figure it out. Every other step including the soft mod went great. Thanks for helping

  5. #35
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    how do i post a system check? and when i try to format the hdd it would not let me format it to fat32 only ntfs thats why i am stuck with only one option

  6. #36
    Senior Member Cile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,071
    Thanks
    666
    Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,226 Posts
    Blog Entries
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by madjeep View Post
    Hi Cile, I am new to the forum and have read over and over before I ask these ques. First off I soft modded my wii using your soft mod thread for 4.2 and its working great. I have a 160 g Seagate hardrive and trying to follow this thread to backup my games. Everything was going fine until I got to the step "Installing Loader and Fowarding Channels". It says I need to have ios58 installed. There is a ios58-64-v6176.wad in the wad folder is that what it is talking about?
    It gives me two options I can use either Configurable USB Loader or WiiFow. Which one should I use or recommend?
    Does the forwarder and cIOSx 249 (since I used your soft mod thread) both go on the hardrive? The reason I ask is becuse it says "Copy the Wad file to the Wad folder on my SD card and start HBC and load Wad Manager. Then select IOS249 and press A" when I do that on the wii the only 249 file I can find in the Wad manager is "cIOS249[56]-v20" and when I click "A" load it won't. It says "did not complete and give me a code (-2011).
    I'm I going about this step all wrong cause I can't figure it out. Every other step including the soft mod went great. Thanks for helping

    you already have ios58 installed from my softmod guide....

    you can use both .....wiiflow and cfg both 249 and 222 version....

    put the wad on your sd(fat32) and install with wad manager homebrew apps etc dont work of ntfs(thats why we recommend fat32)

    when you install the wad use ios236 to do it....

    Quote Originally Posted by shawn675 View Post
    how do i post a system check? and when i try to format the hdd it would not let me format it to fat32 only ntfs thats why i am stuck with only one option
    syscheck link in my sig....save/back up everything you want from the hdd...use easeus and delete the partition...then format the drive using the fat32 guide.....

    or go with fat32 for apps etc and ntfs just for games

    example
    20GB(fat32) the rest ntfs
    Last edited by Jax; 01-05-2013 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Merged Posts...

  7. #37
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am following this guide, but I am a little bit confused


    Copy the Wad file to the "Wad" folder on your SD Card
    Start HBC and Load Wad Manager
    Select <IOS249> -- Press A -- Nand Emulation <Disabled> -- Source <Wii SD Slot>
    Select the Wad file and Press A -- Press A again to install - Wait - Finished

    - - - - - - - - - - - -


    Forwader paths:

    SD:/apps/******/boot.[dol/elf]
    SD:/******/boot.[dol/elf]
    USB:/apps/******/boot.[dol/elf]
    USB:/******/boot.[dol/elf]

    I have IOS249 already installed on the Wii, and I don't have it in the Wad manager list. I can put it back on the SD card from the Modpack-AnyWii that i used to do the initial soft mod, is that what I need to do?

    In messing with it I don't see anything like Press A to disable Nand Emulation.


    And what does the ****** represent in the paths? This isn't even seeing my hard drive, it is a 2TB Seagate Free Agent Desk, it's on the compatible list.

    Do I need to load any files on my hard drive for this to recognize it??

  8. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,816
    Thanks
    273
    Thanked 779 Times in 591 Posts
    The ****** is just the name of whatever loader you will be using, i.e. sd:\apps\USBLoader\boot.dol, etc. just replace them with the name of whatever loader you are going to use... As for Wad Manager, you use 249 to load/install your wads, then you press A, next should be NAND Emulation <Disabled>, which should be disabled by default, if not change it to disabled, press A again, Source <Wii SD Slot>, which should be on that as default, if not, change it to it, click A again, then you will see the directory structure of the SD card, use the D pad to navigate to the Wad folder, pick your wad file you want to install, click A again...
    Last edited by Cile; 12-15-2010 at 04:06 PM. Reason: fixed /apps/USBLoader/ <- big letters


  9. #39
    Senior Member Krank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,895
    Thanks
    953
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    If the packs for the loaders are used as is then you don't need to worry about the paths (just there for reference). When you extract them to your SD or USB they will be in the correct directories.
    Damn I suck!!!!

  10. #40
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I ended up just making a small 100GB partition on my Seagate dedicated to the Wii and got it working another way

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •