Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you so much !!!There are other threads in this forum that address this issue but I found this one and saw it to be the simplest. Also, the other methods didn't work for me. You can refer to ShadowSonic's guide on how to partition your hard drive (HD) on a Mac OS.
I've also zipped WBFS for Mac v1.2 and ConfigurableUSB so the files are more easily available. Last I checked, any mediafire link offering WBFS1.2 was broken.
1) Format your hard drive to FAT, NOT "Free Space". When I tried Free Space, it didn't work.
2) Once your hard drive is formatted, install ConfigurableUSB(zipped) onto your SD card. There are two important folders to transfer to your SD card:
a) The folder titled "usb-loader<root" goes into the root of the card. Rename the folder to "usb-loader" once in the root of your SD card. SD:\usb-loader
b) Under the "apps" folder simply drag cfgUSBloader folder into the "apps" folder on your SD card. SD:\apps\cfgUSBloader
3) Insert your SD card into your Wii. Connect your hard drive. Turn on the Wii and load the Homebrew Channel (HBC) and load ConfigurableUSBLoader.
4) When you start it a notice will appear that no WBFS drive has appeared. It will ask if you want to format your drive. Say YES! If you have more than one partition it'll ask which one. If you only have one partition, it'll just start formatting.
5) ConfigUSB will work its magic and you're done!
After you have the drive formatted to WBFS you can connect your hard drive to your Mac and access the WBFS partition through WBFS for Mac v1.2 (zipped). You can load ISOs onto the drive or retrieve games you installed from discs. Some forums say you have to open WBFS first and then plug your hard drive in but I haven't seen a difference either way. Games will play through USBLoader or CfgUSB. Personally, I just use USBLoader since there's already the channel.
Good luck to everyone on Macs!
Credit for using CfgLoader goes to: metronomadic .
i've been trying to format my junk into WBFS for 3 hours and u gave me the key for it