Page 49 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 1094

Thread: FAT32 Hard Drives - Formatting, Loading, Ripping, Playing

  1. #481
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    SD vs hard drive for homebrew application

    I have successfully installed everything and got the Wii working like I wanted. There is one thing that bugs me. I'm not sure if using a combination of SD for Homebrew applications and the external hard drive for games is better than having everything in the external hard drive. Is there any advantage or disadvantage between the two methods? I would think that with loading homebrew from SD would minimize the use of the hard drive to only for playing games, etc. This would help to extend the hard drive life. On the other hand, having everything in the hard drive would possibly mean that everything can be accessed faster. I'm a noob on this, so sorry if my assuming is wrong. Thanks for the guide.

  2. #482
    Senior Member Krank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,895
    Thanks
    953
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by deadlyc View Post
    I have successfully installed everything and got the Wii working like I wanted. There is one thing that bugs me. I'm not sure if using a combination of SD for Homebrew applications and the external hard drive for games is better than having everything in the external hard drive. Is there any advantage or disadvantage between the two methods? I would think that with loading homebrew from SD would minimize the use of the hard drive to only for playing games, etc. This would help to extend the hard drive life. On the other hand, having everything in the hard drive would possibly mean that everything can be accessed faster. I'm a noob on this, so sorry if my assuming is wrong. Thanks for the guide.
    Well I can't actually tell you if running everything from HDD is harder on the drive or not....but it works for me without issues. I don't run everything from USB though....just apps that I use often. I actually have my loader on the SD card because it boots faster for me. Also depends on the speed of your USB vs SD....all of them are different. So just play around with it and use whatever suits you.
    Damn I suck!!!!

  3. #483
    New Member flatline-uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    mid-wales, UK
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Hi all, I already have all my apps and USB loader installed to the SD card, but now i have my external hard drive i want to run everything straight from it.
    If i just copy all the apps files/folders straight to the HDD will the loader and apps still work? and will i need to change the configuration of cfg usb loader to save my covers to the hard drive cos at the moment in global options 2 the paths lead to sd:/usb-loader should i change it to usb:/usb-loader.

    Thanks

  4. #484
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi, i have a question, i've read, in the FAQ section, that the iso should be under 4 Gb, but, what can i do if i want the Brawl in .iso format? because, there are many thing that you can change in the iso, (textures, music, stages, etc) most of them can be putted in the SD and can be reemplaced by ocarina method, but some others things, like the videos, effect sounds, and voices, only can be reemplaced on the iso, and is diggustion to convert the iso to WBFS every time, there is any form to put an iso over 4Gb?
    Also, thanks for the awesome guide

  5. #485
    Senior Member Krank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,895
    Thanks
    953
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGuzzi View Post
    Hi, i have a question, i've read, in the FAQ section, that the iso should be under 4 Gb, but, what can i do if i want the Brawl in .iso format? because, there are many thing that you can change in the iso, (textures, music, stages, etc) most of them can be putted in the SD and can be reemplaced by ocarina method, but some others things, like the videos, effect sounds, and voices, only can be reemplaced on the iso, and is diggustion to convert the iso to WBFS every time, there is any form to put an iso over 4Gb?
    Also, thanks for the awesome guide
    No there isn't.


    Quote Originally Posted by flatline-uk View Post
    Hi all, I already have all my apps and USB loader installed to the SD card, but now i have my external hard drive i want to run everything straight from it.
    If i just copy all the apps files/folders straight to the HDD will the loader and apps still work? and will i need to change the configuration of cfg usb loader to save my covers to the hard drive cos at the moment in global options 2 the paths lead to sd:/usb-loader should i change it to usb:/usb-loader.

    Thanks
    Yes you can. Yes you would need to change the path or just delete those lines in the config.
    Damn I suck!!!!

  6. 1 User Says Thank You Krank For This Useful Post


  7. #486
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hey guys, followed the guide " softmodding any wii " softmod was succesfull however running into serious problems now and im getting irritated which is causing me to not pay close attention.

    i cant for the life of me figure out how to configure the wii ready to play games from the HDD. followed the guide a few times and nothing ( as i said got annoyed so cant really concentreate ).

    if someone could run me through a very simply process please i would be very appreciated, i feel thick as it is at the moment.

  8. #487
    Senior Member Krank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,895
    Thanks
    953
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    You should give more information, like whats confusing and where you are stuck. This is the simple process.
    Damn I suck!!!!

  9. #488
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Multi-Mod manager is no longer loading up for some strange reason. and im pretty much stuck at the begining.

    like what cIOS files to get etc

  10. #489
    Senior Member Krank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,895
    Thanks
    953
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Are you speaking of this guide or the softmod any wii guide? This guide can't be followed until you finish the softmod guide.
    Damn I suck!!!!

  11. #490
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    sorry, following this guide.

    wii is softmodded already. have HBC,Configurable USB Loader,Backupdischannel,LoadMii.

Page 49 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •