Page 48 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 1094

Thread: FAT32 Hard Drives - Formatting, Loading, Ripping, Playing

  1. #471
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post
    You don't need to change the revision to load games with a different cIOS. Click the game and press 1, change the "IOS" setting to whatever you want. Press 2 to save.
    I have successfully completed all three chapters of the 4.3 soft mod guide (mauifrog) and downgraded to System Menu 4.1U. I then formatted a USB HDD to FAT32, transferred the files from Chapter 3 to a folder named "apps", and created a folder called "wbfs" for games. I converted an .iso to .wbfs, transferred the .wbfs file to the "wbfs" folder, turned on the Wii, and plugged the USB HDD into the back of the Wii. (This was the only way I could get the CFG-USBLoader to recognize the USB HDD) I attempted to load the game through the CFG-USBLoader when I received this error:

    ERROR:

    cIOS249rev18, cIOS222v4, cIOS223v4, cIOS224v5 or higher required for starting games from FAT partition! Upgrade IOS249 or choose a different IOS.

    set_frag: -128
    ERROR: SetWBFS: -128

    Are you saying that there is an option to change to the appropriate IOS at the load game screen in CFG-USBLoader?

  2. #472
    New Member tazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    36
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    can the hard drive be used as storage for other files after its been setup to play wii games from? im just wondering because ive spent a fair bit of money on this hard drive and i dont want to be just using it to play wii games

  3. #473
    Senior Member Krank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,895
    Thanks
    953
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by tazza View Post
    can the hard drive be used as storage for other files after its been setup to play wii games from? im just wondering because ive spent a fair bit of money on this hard drive and i dont want to be just using it to play wii games
    Yes, that's the point of this guide. You can use it for any files under 4GB and if you need to store files larger then 4GB you can archive them into split RAR files if needed.
    Damn I suck!!!!

  4. #474
    New Member tazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    36
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post
    Yes, that's the point of this guide. You can use it for any files under 4GB and if you need to store files larger then 4GB you can archive them into split RAR files if needed.
    thanks heaps mate

  5. #475
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i have completed all 3 chapters of the 4.3 softmod guide of mauifrog and my wii is now downgraded to System Menu 4.1e. i formatted my WD HDD to fat32, and now i have to configure the sft loader, and there are 2 options ( cIOS222/223 Users and cIOSx 249 Rev19/20 Users) which one should i take, im a bit confused and lost the view. im sorry if my post is not in the right thread.

  6. #476
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,698
    Thanks
    1,887
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 3,679 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Some loaders support one (Wani's) or the other (Hermes) or both. Depends upon the loader.

  7. #477
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstah View Post
    Some loaders support one (Wani's) or the other (Hermes) or both. Depends upon the loader.
    OK, but what do you recommend me to choose to config. the usb loader?
    thx for the help and fast answer

  8. #478
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,698
    Thanks
    1,887
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 3,679 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    There's no right or wrong answer, it's a matter of preference. There is no reason you can't have several loaders if that is your wish.

  9. 1 User Says Thank You nightstah For This Useful Post


  10. #479
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi,

    Newbie here ! My wii is softmodded with shadowsonic2 4.2 guide. My HDD have 2 partition, one is for my personnal backup (NTSC) and the other is for for the wii (WBFS). My loader is neogamma using cios249 base 38 rev 17 (if my memory is correct).

    I just read the guide and try it with a usb flash drive of 8Gig before doing the whole thing on my HDD but the wiiflow channel won't load my flash drive. I just read the extra section to find out FAT32 cannot be load with my existing cios. So, I just want to know what is the best thing to do now. I think I have to update my existiing cios but I just want to make it sure with someone. Wich one should I use with my base ? Any advice ?

  11. #480
    Senior Member Krank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,895
    Thanks
    953
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by specjay View Post
    Hi,

    Newbie here ! My wii is softmodded with shadowsonic2 4.2 guide. My HDD have 2 partition, one is for my personnal backup (NTSC) and the other is for for the wii (WBFS). My loader is neogamma using cios249 base 38 rev 17 (if my memory is correct).

    I just read the guide and try it with a usb flash drive of 8Gig before doing the whole thing on my HDD but the wiiflow channel won't load my flash drive. I just read the extra section to find out FAT32 cannot be load with my existing cios. So, I just want to know what is the best thing to do now. I think I have to update my existiing cios but I just want to make it sure with someone. Wich one should I use with my base ? Any advice ?
    Just install hermes cIOS 222 and 223 (if you don't have them already) and use the 222 version of Wiiflow or configurable USB loader. This will allow you to leave your 249/250 how it is so you can test.....if you want to update later on you can....but not needed if you use the 222 revisions of the loader and have cIOS222 installed.
    Damn I suck!!!!

  12. 1 User Says Thank You Krank For This Useful Post


Page 48 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •