Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 394

Thread: Remove cIOSCORP/DARKCORP from your Wii Console

  1. #41
    New Member rockitman1960's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    95
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi,so does the new syscheck look good?
    Had to reinstall 5 games.

  2. #42
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithian View Post
    Go into Priiloader (hold reset and power on the console). Go into Settings -> Use System Menu IOS. Then do either 1 or 2 depending if it's turned on or off (not both).

    1.) If it is turned off, turn it on.

    2.) If it's already on, turn it off and go one more option down and select IOS 60.

    Save settings, reboot the console, and try SysCheck again. If it hangs record the IOS it hangs on.
    Ithian, just fyi the action i took was no. 2 (turn off and select IOS60). Before re-install IOS30 and 31, do I switch this option back to on?

    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    When signcheck/syscheck/dop-mii hang on an ios, the next ios to be scanned is almost always currupt, or uncompatible (old version). So reinstalling the ios and running the scan again should fix the issue. Sometimes you need to reinstall almost all of the ios until you get a clean scan. If you install an ios and it still hangs, I would expect for whatever reason you are installing a currupt ios agian. If that is the case install from another source, or install another version, or perhaps just delete it if it is not a required ios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithian View Post
    Yes this is the second case I've seen now. I imagine Palamoo that DOP-Mii will also freeze for you at IOS31.

    You can try reinstalling IOS31-30 but after working with Krank I'm not sure that's where the problem is. Assuming DOP-Mii's syscheck is also freezing, try it and let us know how it works out.
    From what I understand IOS31 is used by Mii, Photo Channel 1.1, News/Weather. All these channels work fine on my Wii. I suspect IOS30 could be the corrupt one. In DOP-Mii IOS, BC, MIOS option, I can scroll through all the IOS and check under the 'Currently Installed' top right box and confirm the versions of all IOS I have on my Wii. I'll go through that to verify I have correct versions per Ithian list.

    Once that is confirmed and IOS versions match, I'll proceed to use DOP-Mii to uninstall IOS30 (v1040) and use Wad Manager and install IOS30 (v1040) taken from (We Hack Wii / IOS and RVL Downloads). It mentions in this site that IOS30 is "IOS for System Menu 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.3v2...". Thinking aloud (and hoping not to sound stupid), does that mean I do not need IOS30 since I am on 4.0?

    Additional info: I installed EULA USA v2 (We Hack Wii / IOS and RVL Downloads) last night, and it fixed the need to update system when I try to accept User Agreement. My Shop Channel works and it turned on WiiConnect24. I've disabled WiiConnect24 and will also be deleting my News/Weather Channel as after using it, I realized I really have no use for this.

  3. 1 User Says Thank You Palamoo For This Useful Post


  4. #43
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,187
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,584 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    @Palamoo
    You are correct about ios30 in you situation. The same can be said about ios20 and ios50.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  5. 2 Users Say Thank You to mauifrog For This Useful Post


  6. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,219
    Thanks
    699
    Thanked 2,297 Times in 1,217 Posts
    Blog Entries
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Palamoo View Post
    Ithian, just fyi the action i took was no. 2 (turn off and select IOS60). Before re-install IOS30 and 31, do I switch this option back to on?
    From my own experience with that setting I'll suggest turning it back on.

    As per everything else mauifrog is 100% as usual. Since you're on 4.0 your system will never call on IOS30. Uninstall it and try out your SysCheck again. Then if it goes through, install your IOS30 wad and try another syscheck.

    You don't have to do it in all those steps (uninstall, scan, install, scan) I just like to be thorough.


    @rocketman - What problems are you having specifically? I didn't check all your revisions but compare them yourself with the list in the guide. I'd probably update that IOS202 beyond v2 - that revision always gave me issues. Try out Hermes v4 or v5.
    Last edited by Ithian; 04-08-2010 at 09:09 PM.
    "I think that the Wii is a beautiful piece of hardware, and a broken Wii is a tragedy. It doesn’t matter why or how." -- Bushing

  7. 2 Users Say Thank You to Ithian For This Useful Post


  8. #45
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithian View Post
    From my own experience with that setting I'll suggest turning it back on.

    As per everything else mauifrog is 100% as usual. Since you're on 4.0 your system will never call on IOS30. Uninstall it and try out your SysCheck again. Then if it goes through, install your IOS30 wad and try another syscheck.

    You don't have to do it in all those steps (uninstall, scan, install, scan) I just like to be thorough.
    One of the things I did to prepare myself before doing the cIOSCORP uninstall steps was actually print out mauifrog's things you should never do (http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...-never-do.html) and go through it enough times to remember it well, so apology if question below sounds like I'm repeating myself.

    Ithian, the steps you mentioned I think are good. It will definitely help to pin point out the issue.
    1.Uninstall IOS30 using DOP-Mii
    2.Run SysCheck 1.6.1
    3.Install IOS30 (v1040) from (We Hack Wii / IOS and RVL Downloads) using Wad Manager
    4.Run SysCheck 1.6.1

    If in step 2, SysCheck hangs, i'll have to press and hold the power button to turn off the Wii. Any chance I'm going to brick my Wii?

  9. 1 User Says Thank You Palamoo For This Useful Post


  10. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,219
    Thanks
    699
    Thanked 2,297 Times in 1,217 Posts
    Blog Entries
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Palamoo View Post
    If in step 2, SysCheck hangs, i'll have to press and hold the power button to turn off the Wii. Any chance I'm going to brick my Wii?
    If you were on 3.2 then yes, it would brick. Being on 4.0 your system menu calls on IOS60 to run.
    "I think that the Wii is a beautiful piece of hardware, and a broken Wii is a tragedy. It doesn’t matter why or how." -- Bushing

  11. 2 Users Say Thank You to Ithian For This Useful Post


  12. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    0100111001001010
    Posts
    3,704
    Thanks
    293
    Thanked 813 Times in 642 Posts
    Made this thread a sticky. Again awesome work on this Ithian.

    edit: actually had a friend install cIOSCORP and used this guide and got everything back to normal first shot no problems.
    Last edited by s0ur; 04-09-2010 at 08:50 PM.

  13. 1 User Says Thank You s0ur For This Useful Post


  14. #48
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Palamoo View Post
    In DOP-Mii IOS, BC, MIOS option, I can scroll through all the IOS and check under the 'Currently Installed' top right box and confirm the versions of all IOS I have on my Wii. I'll go through that to verify I have correct versions per Ithian list.
    All matched per Ithian list except for IOS70, where mine's showing as (v54321) and I believe this is correct.

    Quote Originally Posted by Palamoo View Post
    1.Uninstall IOS30 using DOP-Mii
    2.Run SysCheck 1.6.1
    3.Install IOS30 (v1040) from (We Hack Wii / IOS and RVL Downloads) using Wad Manager
    4.Run SysCheck 1.6.1
    The result was as expected. Syscheck 1.6.1 in step 2 completed. Didn't try to check the report and proceeded with step 3 (could not access the website I mentioned, so just used DOP-Mii) and re-installed IOS30 v1040. Syscheck 1.6.1 hanged. After restarting my Wii, went into HBC and ran DOP-Mii's SysCheck and it only lists up till IOS31 as before.

    Will proceed to delete IOS30.

  15. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,219
    Thanks
    699
    Thanked 2,297 Times in 1,217 Posts
    Blog Entries
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Palamoo View Post
    The result was as expected. Syscheck 1.6.1 in step 2 completed. Didn't try to check the report and proceeded with step 3 (could not access the website I mentioned, so just used DOP-Mii) and re-installed IOS30 v1040. Syscheck 1.6.1 hanged. After restarting my Wii, went into HBC and ran DOP-Mii's SysCheck and it only lists up till IOS31 as before.

    Will proceed to delete IOS30.
    If you wouldn't mind testing something for me Palamoo, would you try installing IOS30 v2576 and running SysCheck again? Apply all patches when it asks. If that fails, try v2816 (this version is a stub, but safe for you to install).

    I'm curious if the Syscheck failure is because you have a newer Wii that doesn't support an older version of IOS30.

    Again this is just a test I can't do myself so it would be appreciated, if you'd rather not no worries.
    "I think that the Wii is a beautiful piece of hardware, and a broken Wii is a tragedy. It doesn’t matter why or how." -- Bushing

  16. 2 Users Say Thank You to Ithian For This Useful Post


  17. #50
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Ithian, would be glad to help try this out. I'm away at the moment, so once i'm back home I'll give it a try and update you with the result.

Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •