Ohhh Yeah Its back sweetie!!!!!
[Artwork by Robgee]
[You will Need]
SNEEK=SD Card..Best results are with non-SDHC cards..Formatted to FAT32.
UNEEK=USB(Still needs SD to boot) Formatted to FAT32(32KB clusters)....
[Bootmii installed as Boot2 or IOS]
[SNEEK/UNEEK is picky if it doesn't work try Different SD,HDD,Flash Drive etc]
Creating a NAND backup for SNEEK/UNEEKCreating a NAND backup for SNEEK or UNEEK
Before you can use SNEEK/UNEEK you will need a NAND Backup.Two ways of getting it:
1.Use Bootmii and do a Nand Back Up ....then use Showmiiwads to extract the nand(shown below)
2.Use the FSDumper...rename the .dol to boot.dol put it in apps folder on your SD and launch via homebrew channel make sure you have 600 mb free on sd....(Takes 20min+)
1.Move the NAND back up from the SD(if you just made it) to your Computer..
2.Start ShowMiiWads Allow Internet Access...Go to Tools and select create COMMON-KEY it will tell you so type "45e"
3.Then Under Tools select Extract BootMii Dump.
4.Find where your bootmii dump is and select nand.bin
5.Let the program do its work . Once its done a new folder called nand-extracteda will be at the same directory as the nand.bin. Copy all Folders inside this folder to the SD card root or USB root for UNEEK..
They should be:
If you used the FSDumper you would get the same folders.
Using Sneek Installer To Get armboot & kernel.binUsing Sneek Installer To Get armboot & kernel.bin
Make a New Folder.
1.Extract the SneekInstallerv0.1b5.rar...open the .exe
2.In top right corner chose the type you want SNEEK(SD) or UNEEK(SD&USB)
3.Select browse for SNEEK files..select the folder you created then click on Get Files do the same for iOS files.....
4.Then select your SD Install SNEEK...+ USB for UNEEK it will create
If you chose UNEEK you also get...
On the USB device...
File Structure For SNEEK/UNEEK:File Structure For SNEEK/UNEEK:
You should now have on your sd:
UNEEK(Faster Nand on USB)
Launching SNEEK/UNEEK3. Launching SNEEK
Bootmii as boot2 just put the SD card In and power the wii it will boot automatically
Bootmii as IOS launch it from HBC....(press home button on the wiimote and select bootmii)
You can also use this forwarder:
Adding VC/Wiiware To SNEEK/UNEEK4.Adding VC/Wiiware To SNEEK
1. In Showmiiwads, go to the Options menu and select Change NAND Backup Path.
2. Navigate to you SD/USB where the nand back up is and press OK.
3. Click on the View tab and then select showmiinand. You should see a long list of everything that is in the nand backup listed.
4. Click on the View menu and select showmiiwads.
5. Click on the File menu and select Open Folder.Find the folder where you have your wad files located and press OK.
7. Select the game you want to install in the list and right click on it and select Extract then To NAND. Now if you go to the ShowMiiNand view, you will see the game listed at the bottom of the list.
You can right click on a game and select Delete to remove it.You can also delete the nintendo,weather,news and other channels you dont want so all you have left would be disc channel and your vc/wiiware....
For More then 47 Channels use Gecko OS or TriiforceFor More then 47 Channels use Gecko OS or Triiforce
Load Gecko OS on SNEEK/UNEEK and you will be able to play the games that are on the nand but dont show up on the system menu
TriiForce..on sneek doesnt require cIOS so it has the same compatibility as SNEEK/UNEEK which is 100%
Removing PRIILOADER From SNEEK/UNEEK (YOU ONLY NEED TO DO THIS IF IT KEEPS FREEZING)REMOVING PRIILOADER FROM SNEEK
(YOU ONLY NEED TO DO THIS IF IT KEEPS FREEZING)
1. Go to your SD/USB, which contains the NAND backup. Open the title folder.
2. Open 00000001, then 00000002 and the Content. This is your installed system menu version.
3. There should be one file staring with 1: 100000XX.app. There will always be a 000000XX.app
4. To remove preloader, simply remove the 000000XX.app, then rename the 1000000XX.app to 000000XX.app.
EXTRA:How To Get VIRGIN NAND For SNEEK/UNEEKEXTRA:HOW TO GET VIRGIN NAND FOR SNEEK & UNEEK
1. Download the iOS for the SM you will be using with NUSD, make sure you decrypt it and pack a .wad
2. Download System Menu you want with NUSD, decrypt it and pack a .wad
Also download these ios 9,12,15,17,21,22,28,33,34,35,36,37,38,53,55,56,(57 ,58)
3. Create a New folder on desktop (name it "New NAND")
4. Open ShowMiiWads
5. Click on Options -> Change NAND backup path. Select the folder you just created.
6. Click on View -> ShowMiiWads open the folder where SM.wad and your SM iOS.wad are.When they load up right click and select extract to Nand.In the folder you created you will have these folders
9. Copy your setting.txt & iplsave.bin from an actual dump to the /title/00000001/00000002/data folder that was created in your new folder.
10.Copy your cert.sys & uid.sys from an actual dump to /sys/
11. Copy the four folders: title,ticket,sys,shared1 to the root of whatever device you are going to be using to host your NAND.
11. Launch SNEEK/UNEEK and it will be as if it is the first time you started your wii
WILL give you a black screen for couple of minutes before it goes to first time set up.
WILL give you a black screen for couple of minutes between the health screen and showing you the system menu.
This is for the first time only. After that it should load fast.
Changing Theme on SNEEK/UNEEKChanging Theme on Sneek
1.You will need a .csm (mym converted to .csm how to do that THEME)
2. On your emulated NAND, go to Title -> 00000001 -> 00000002 -> content.
3. In this folder, you should see some .app files. Find the .app file that belongs to your system menu.
4.Rename the .csm according to your .app and put it in the content folder(overwrite the one that in there)...you should know have your theme.
Homebrew Apps that Work with SNEEK/UNEEK
Homebrew Apps that Work with SNEEK/UNEEK
Multi-Mod Manager->MMM (One App that does it All)
Creating Your Own Channels
1 short flash : The TMD of the requested title is missing
2 short flashes: The TMD of the IOS the current title uses is missing
3 short flashes: The kernel.bin is not found on sd and or usb
4 short flashes: Failed to load the requested IOS (missing IOS, missing TMD/Ticket/content)
5 short flashes: "Could not open or read sd:/sneek/kernel.bin"
If SNEEK doesn't autoboot and you have bootmii as boot2 use BootMii INI Maker.exe to make bootmii.ini and put it in the bootmii folder on your SD
[giantpune]WHAT IS SNEEK AND HOW DOES IT TO DO WHAT IT DOES?
Sneek is basically just a way to lie to the PPC in the wii. the wii has 2 processors ARM and PPC. games, the system menu, channels, most homebrew, and pretty much every other program that accepts user input and draws on the screen run on the PPC. when these programs want information from the wii's internal memory, internet, dvd, sd card, or pretty much anywhere else, they have to ask the program running on the ARM (an IOS usually) for it (except when the wii is in gamecube mode).
Sneek runs on the ARM and it redirects where information comes from and in some cases, patches that information with false data. the end result is that the program running on the PPC asks for data from the wii's nand and it gets it from the sd card instead. if the PPC wants data from the dvd drive, sneek can give it data from a usb drive instead. when the system menu asks how much space is used for channels, sneek flat out lies about it and gives a low number so the system menu doesnt give the "system memory is full" message.
about cIOS and sneek, since IOS and sneek both run on the arm, there is a chance that they will not play nicely together. they are both trying to patch stuff and be smart, but they dont realize that each other is there and both are trying to be smart. the end result is that when sneek tries to load a cIOS, it doesnt load all of it and the parts of it that do load start doing their normal cIOS stuff and end up patching memory where sneek is and both of them end up not working right.[/QUOTE]
If you have multiple partitions and the one for UNEEK is not first, set it to primary & active if it doesn't work make it as first partition and again primary & active.
The speed issue for SD the less is on the card the faster it is. But certain cards seems to be fast even with alot of content installed
What if i install more then 47 channels?
They will be on the nand but they wont be shown on the System Menu.You can use any homebrew that loads channels on the emulated nand and you will bypass the 47 limit.(Triiforce or uLoader)
Will this damage my real Nand?
Once sneek is running, the wii basically uses your SD/USB card as the nand. It does not touch the real nand.
When i use update in sneek will it overwrite boot2?
It reports as boot2-v5 so won't be updated
Can I use a nand dump from a different wii?
You may have to resync the wiimotes.
What versions/regions of the System Menu work?
All should work as long as you have a valid nand dump.
I updated Sneek and the Shop channel is gone?
Use NUSD download the channel and add it with showmiiwads.
Why use SNEEK whats so great about it?
Extra Space.....wii nand(512mb)
Install and test your custom made channel(any channel) without worry of bricking...and easier to delete the corrupt channel.(wad)
Install and test themes with changing one single file.
You can toy with the Sneek Nand...delete titles & patch stuff... etc...without worry.
Able to change System Menu when you feel like it.
Learn about the wii........
WARNING:NO LINKS TO NAND BACKUPS WITH DLC.IF YOU DO YOU WILL BE in RR or EVEN BANNED!!!.
It is illegal to obtain/distribute backups of games you do not own.
This guide, myself, and this site DO NOT SUPPORT OR PROMOTE SOFTWARE PIRACY. Play Fair
No help will be given to individuals with questions relating to this. You have been warned!
Crediar(SNEEK source and tools )...
Robgee (Awesome Banner)