Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 298

Thread: Completely Virginize Any 4.2 SoftModded Wii

  1. #261
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    middle of nowhere, De, USA
    Posts
    85
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 30 Times in 10 Posts
    Thanks for the guide.

    Just not what i needed :/

    I need to remove softmod from 4.1 (I have WODE attached to it, and friends wants me to remove it). The link for 3.1-4.1 doesnt work :/
    <--I made this long time ago.
    Dont forget to Thank to the People that have helped.

  2. #262
    Senior Member JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,457
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mithu View Post
    Thanks for the guide.

    Just not what i needed :/

    I need to remove softmod from 4.1 (I have WODE attached to it, and friends wants me to remove it). The link for 3.1-4.1 doesnt work :/
    It's being moderated. Too many people brick trying to virginize/cripple their Wii.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

  3. #263
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    4.1 link isn't working can u please update it or point me to a 4.1 guide

    or should i update to 4.2 then use this guide any help will be appreciated
    one more question which is the main reason for me wanting to use these guides if I keep the wii this way can I still play newer games that I buy from the store without any problems.

    thanks
    Last edited by gxpain; 01-06-2011 at 12:38 PM.

  4. 1 User Says Thank You gxpain For This Useful Post


  5. #264
    New Member yargy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thanks for the guide, I followed it cause I'm trying to remove softmods from a 4.2E system (console # LEH2103 XXXX).
    Everything was fine until B3 the NAND clean won't run the screen goes black and I've got to hold in power till it goes red. (Does this mean there is no Preloader hacks on the system?).

    I think it is because the IOS249rev14 is not installed. What do I do to get the IOS249rev14 installed or do I continue with the guide, please help!

    The system has a newly installed chip (today) hence why softmods are being removed. System still runs fine, just not completed the guide want to make sure all is fine.
    Last edited by yargy; 01-07-2011 at 11:44 AM. Reason: extra info

  6. #265
    Senior Member JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,457
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yargy View Post
    thanks for the guide, I followed it cause I'm trying to remove softmods from a 4.2E system (console # LEH2103 XXXX).
    Everything was fine until B3 the NAND clean won't run the screen goes black and I've got to hold in power till it goes red. (Does this mean there is no Preloader hacks on the system?).

    I think it is because the IOS249rev14 is not installed. What do I do to get the IOS249rev14 installed or do I continue with the guide, please help!

    The system has a newly installed chip (today) hence why softmods are being removed.
    I don't understand why you would risk removing softmods just because you installed a chip. Do you realize that you can have both soft and hardmods at once, right?
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

  7. #266
    New Member yargy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    @gxpain Yeah I've noticed that to had it saved in favourites, gonna pm admin about it see what happens
    Last edited by yargy; 01-07-2011 at 11:42 AM.

  8. #267
    New Member yargy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoostinOnline View Post
    I don't understand why you would risk removing softmods just because you installed a chip. Do you realize that you can have both soft and hardmods at once, right?
    on a previous system I had both, sometimes there would be a problem with games not working. the chip will do me fine. Got put off softmods because of the system updates that cause bricks, this Wii is one that I recovered from a brick using the chip and boot disc. Also all the bother with having to do the latest mod forcertain games bugs me with softmods, indeed new mario bro wasn't working on some chips til the new release. As its for akid they don't need to be in at HBC where they could muck up something.

    My question was about the guide 'B3 NAND clean freeze and IOS249rev14'

  9. #268
    New Member yargy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hello again so after some more reading around on other posts, it seems I have if I am going to full remove the softmod I will have to 1st re-softmod the Wii again becuase it is 4.3e the method found here; http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...mod-guide.html
    is what i need to use. Problem is aint got any of the games for the expoit
    The SD card this was modded with has wad manager, DopIOSmod, CIOScorp installer. Will it be easier just to get a game and do the 4.3 guide or can anyone advise on work around to get NAND cleaner working (it does loading bar then goes to black screen). IOS249rev14 not installed problem? how to fix?

  10. #269
    Senior Member JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,457
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yargy View Post
    hello again so after some more reading around on other posts, it seems I have if I am going to full remove the softmod I will have to 1st re-softmod the Wii again becuase it is 4.3e the method found here; http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...mod-guide.html
    is what i need to use. Problem is aint got any of the games for the expoit
    The SD card this was modded with has wad manager, DopIOSmod, CIOScorp installer. Will it be easier just to get a game and do the 4.3 guide or can anyone advise on work around to get NAND cleaner working (it does loading bar then goes to black screen). IOS249rev14 not installed problem? how to fix?
    If I understand you correctly, you want to remove softmods, then softmod your Wii again? That would be a very bad idea.
    1) You don't need to remove softmods to start over. Old ones will just be overwritten by the new ones.
    2) If you remove softmods, it will be harder to softmod your Wii again since you don't have a required game.
    3) Virginizing is a dangerous process, that can easily result in a full brick.
    4) This is for 4.2 Wiis, not 4.3.
    5) I believe that following this guide with a 4.3 Wii will cause a full brick (I'm not sure).

    Just follow the Softmod ANY Wii guide in my signature, and use the option for people who already have the HBC.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

  11. 1 User Says Thank You JoostinOnline For This Useful Post


  12. #270
    New Member yargy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoostinOnline View Post
    If I understand you correctly, you want to remove softmods, then softmod your Wii again? That would be a very bad idea.
    1) You don't need to remove softmods to start over. Old ones will just be overwritten by the new ones.
    2) If you remove softmods, it will be harder to softmod your Wii again since you don't have a required game.
    3) Virginizing is a dangerous process, that can easily result in a full brick.
    4) This is for 4.2 Wiis, not 4.3.
    5) I believe that following this guide with a 4.3 Wii will cause a full brick (I'm not sure).

    Just follow the Softmod ANY Wii guide in my signature, and use the option for people who already have the HBC.

    No the original idea was to remove the mod that was on it so there was no conflict with the chip (DKeyv2), As I said I had bother in the past and thought it was a conflict because I had tried the games on other systems that had only a chip or only the softmod and the games worked fine. This was some time ago and it seems the softmods have become a lot more stable with backup option etc.
    1)Old mod will be over written, cool thats cleared up
    2)Because I have chipped console it reads backup like an original game handy, (my daughter had tried to play DKreturns and it did an update from disc, which removed the HBC PANIC!, tried following the guide for a 4.3e in your signature (thanks ) using Indiana PWNS and a Backup of Lego Indiana Jones to install HBC and BootMii; it worked
    3)My sons Wii has a lower firmware can't remember but followed the guide and it worked fine to remove the softmods. Yes can be dangerous but the guide was spot on (Dogeggs one that has a broken link and is mention in this topic). Wii now has a chip and no softmod.
    4)If you follow the link it does say in bold 'the 4.3 softmod guide' started by mauifrog.
    5)Yes following the wrong guide for wrong firmware or system will probably cause a brick

    Thank for the quick reply and spot on guide! After reading what you said about being able to run both a chip and softmod I have decided to keep the newly done softmod because it offers the BootMii backup of the NAND.

    Cheers!
    Last edited by yargy; 01-10-2011 at 10:16 AM. Reason: typo

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •