Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 661

Thread: Download: Collection of DLC Unlocks & Tools - RB2 / GH

  1. #51
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    147
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 112 Times in 46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SuD View Post
    GREAT topic! ^^

    it does work in my 3.3U chip mode with a backup of RB2 loaded in USB Loader GX. i could download from store/put in SD card and play all the songs i wanted!

    the only thing i cannot do is to load in RB2_DLC_Manager in my pc... it recognizes my SD and i show the paths to were my .BINs are but it doesnt show in the program! i tried to move the .bin from my SD to the folder DLC in the \Ultimate Rock Band 2 Generations Collection\DLC\sZAE and click on "Refresh DLC Collection" but nothing shows up... =/

    what can be happend?
    In the file menu hit redefine collection path and browse to the directory just above the sZAE type folders on the pc hard drive.

  2. #52
    SuD
    SuD is offline
    Junior Member SuD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Brasil
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    jtp10181 tnx for the quick answer! =P

    thats exactly what im doing... i click in: File>Redifine Collection Path and in the window that shows i put the path: \Ultimate Rock Band 2 Generations Collection\DLC where are the folders sZAE sZBE sZCE and sZDE and the bins i downloaded inside in each correctly folder just like is in my SD card...

    can it be because are the .bins i downloaded from the store in the game and it doesnt recognizes?
    Last edited by SuD; 02-20-2010 at 02:04 PM.
    Wii System 4.1U - LU3567
    Priiloader 0.3b R48 - ShopChannel 4.2/IOS61
    Wanin cIOS249 rev19 (IOS57 base) / Hermes rev5 cIOS222 (IOS38 base) - cIOS223 (IOS37 base)
    USB Loader GX rev 919 - HDD My Passport Essential 500gb - WBFS and NTSC Particions
    Sing It! High School Musical Microphone (works via USB Loader in all original Sing It!, SingStars games, GHWT, GH5, RB2 and TBRB)
    Guitar Hero World Tour Guitar (works via USB Loader in GHIII, GHWT, GH5, RB2 and TBRB)

  3. #53
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    147
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 112 Times in 46 Posts
    It should still work. I have never had any problems with it. You could try using the program's copy feature to try and copy from the SD to the PC and then see where it puts the files, and if it recognize them. Maybe start with a new empty folder on the PC to test.

  4. #54
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There are known problems when using RB2 DLC when loading the game with a USB Loader. There is no known work around. Load off a disc!

    guys i found this link in running the beatles: rock band and dlc via usb loader without filling-up the wii nand memory, can anyone confirm this or knows how to do this?


  5. #55
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    147
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 112 Times in 46 Posts
    I don't feel like watching a movie about it, but I think I have just found out how to get any of the instrument games to work properly on the USB loaders. You essentially need to install a Custom IOS built from the games original IOS. I saw some reports of people using multicios installer to install IOS 37 patched into the IOS 223 slot and running rock band off there. I might poke around with it today. I actually had a feeling this would work all along, but I did not realizes this multicios installer (which I had already downloaded someplace) would do what I needed. I have the source code for it also, so I can tweak it up to my liking.
    Last edited by jtp10181; 02-21-2010 at 04:42 PM.

  6. #56
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jtp10181 View Post
    I don't feel like watching a movie about it, but I think I have just found out how to get any of the instrument games to work properly on the USB loaders. You essentially need to install a Custom IOS built from the games original IOS. I saw some reports of people using multicios installer to install IOS 37 patched into the IOS 232 slot and running rock band off there. I might poke around with it today. I actually had a feeling this would work all along, but I did not realizes this multicios installer (which I had already downloaded someplace) would do what I needed. I have the source code for it also, so I can tweak it up to my liking.
    you can use Hermes' cIOS 223 rev5 made with IOS37 and uLoader. It does work

  7. #57
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    147
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 112 Times in 46 Posts
    paja, is that with RB2 or TBRB? Because TBRB uses IOS 56 normally, and no cIOS installer uses 56 as a base (except the one I am making and testing right now).

    I did try Hermes with USB Loader GX and I get a black screen with RB2.

  8. #58
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    both. you MUST use uLoader with new cIOS rev5. I'm using uLoader with cIOS223 rev5 (IOS37 base) to load Guitar Hero, TBRB, RB2... and all of them do work fine.

    check it out http://mods.elotrolado.net/~hermes/w...ader_v4.8A.rar

    rar includes last uloader and cios installer. you have to install new cios with this settings:
    - cIOS222: IOS38
    - cIOS223: IOS37 (better to load games with peripherals)
    - cIOS224: IOS57 (better to load games instead of old cIOS222)
    - cIOS202: IOS57 (for homebrew)

    also, the last uloader includes NAND emulation for savegames AND DLC. now I have all my GH5 DLC on my USB hard disk (FAT32), with no space limits

  9. #59
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Pajarillo.

    So, can you confirm that using the method you described we will not run into the memory issue (not deleting dlc from memory after downloading one or playing with one) using usb loaders for RB2, TBRB, Band Hero, Guitar Hero etc. (with dlc capabilities).

    Related to your last comment: can you also store all RB2 dlc on USB hard disc, as this would be a really break-through (or it won't work as RB2 not capable of handling for example bigger than 2GB with SD card)?


    Quote Originally Posted by pajarillo View Post
    both. you MUST use uLoader with new cIOS rev5. I'm using uLoader with cIOS223 rev5 (IOS37 base) to load Guitar Hero, TBRB, RB2... and all of them do work fine.

    check it out http://mods.elotrolado.net/~hermes/w...ader_v4.8A.rar

    rar includes last uloader and cios installer. you have to install new cios with this settings:
    - cIOS222: IOS38
    - cIOS223: IOS37 (better to load games with peripherals)
    - cIOS224: IOS57 (better to load games instead of old cIOS222)
    - cIOS202: IOS57 (for homebrew)

    also, the last uloader includes NAND emulation for savegames AND DLC. now I have all my GH5 DLC on my USB hard disk (FAT32), with no space limits

  10. #60
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiskakas View Post
    Pajarillo.

    So, can you confirm that using the method you described we will not run into the memory issue (not deleting dlc from memory after downloading one or playing with one) using usb loaders for RB2, TBRB, Band Hero, Guitar Hero etc. (with dlc capabilities).

    Related to your last comment: can you also store all RB2 dlc on USB hard disc, as this would be a really break-through (or it won't work as RB2 not capable of handling for example bigger than 2GB with SD card)?
    yes i can, but only if you use the last version of uLoader with cIOS223 rev5.

    I have not tested RB2 DLC yet, but I think you can, doing it the same way as with GH5. There are no limits as uLoader uses NAND emulation to create a virtual NAND in USB HDD to store savegames and DLC. I have almost 2 GB of GH5 DLC in the emulated NAND and all songs work like it were in the real NAND.

    you should read this

Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •