Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 312

Thread: Install IOS202, 222, 223

  1. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The land of Pharaohs
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stomp_442 View Post
    Using this installer will install IOS202, 222, 223, 224. If you have previous
    installs of these IOS's, this installer will overwrite those previous installs.
    You will not have to remove or delete any previous installs of the above IOS's.
    Do I have to remove the stubs in IOS222 and IOS223? Or will the installer just install over them with no errors? I have never installed Hermes cIOS before so the stubs are still there... Is there any harm in deleting the stubs now so that I minimize the chances of getting errors when I'm installing the IOSs? [Yes, I know, I know, never delete an IOS below 200]

    Also, a noob question [don't hate, I come in peace]: we install Hermes cIOSs to get certain games to work, right? And we choose the IOS on which a game uses to run through the USBLoaderGX (or any other loader) settings for the game, right? So there's no harm in installing these cIOSs even though the games I have now work perfectly with IOS249 (I'm just installing them so that I wouldn't have to run into an error in the future)? .. Just to get my thoughts straightened out =/...

    Yeah, I ask alot of questions lol.

  2. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    I was going to update to v5 but all the new games work on mine so until they dont I see no point in updating, if something works fine do go screwing around with it...

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,552
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 2,240 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by specialalaa View Post
    Do I have to remove the stubs in IOS222 and IOS223? Or will the installer just install over them with no errors? I have never installed Hermes cIOS before so the stubs are still there... Is there any harm in deleting the stubs now so that I minimize the chances of getting errors when I'm installing the IOSs? [Yes, I know, I know, never delete an IOS below 200]

    Also, a noob question [don't hate, I come in peace]: we install Hermes cIOSs to get certain games to work, right? And we choose the IOS on which a game uses to run through the USBLoaderGX (or any other loader) settings for the game, right? So there's no harm in installing these cIOSs even though the games I have now work perfectly with IOS249 (I'm just installing them so that I wouldn't have to run into an error in the future)? .. Just to get my thoughts straightened out =/...

    Yeah, I ask alot of questions lol.
    Is your Wii on 4.2 system menu? If not then I see no reason to work about stubs. If your hacked your 4.2 Wii from a tutorial here at Wiihacks then you should have already taken care of the evil IOs222/223 stubs. If you didn't, the visit the 4.2 Wii hacking guide posted by messie.

    IOS222/223 will not be used unless you direct an app to use it. So, yes, the IOS222 is just there doing nothing until you use it, it will not mess with IOS249. I only use IOS222 or 223 to boot a few games, otherwise it's 249 for all the rest.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,552
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 2,240 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by specialalaa View Post
    Do I have to remove the stubs in IOS222 and IOS223? Or will the installer just install over them with no errors? I have never installed Hermes cIOS before so the stubs are still there... Is there any harm in deleting the stubs now so that I minimize the chances of getting errors when I'm installing the IOSs? [Yes, I know, I know, never delete an IOS below 200]

    Also, a noob question [don't hate, I come in peace]: we install Hermes cIOSs to get certain games to work, right? And we choose the IOS on which a game uses to run through the USBLoaderGX (or any other loader) settings for the game, right? So there's no harm in installing these cIOSs even though the games I have now work perfectly with IOS249 (I'm just installing them so that I wouldn't have to run into an error in the future)? .. Just to get my thoughts straightened out =/...

    Yeah, I ask alot of questions lol.
    If you followed on the the tutorials here at Wiihacks for hacking your Wii, then you should have all ready got rid of the IOS stubs. You can't just write over the stubs. There is only currently a handful of games that will benifit from installing Hermes cIOS. Guitar Hero 5, Band Hero, and any game that uses a microphone.

    Look to step 4 of this guide to remove the stub IOS's - http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...y-4-2-wii.html

  5. #25
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Hi Thanks for the installation guide. I was thinking are there any drawbacks to using CIOS 222 and 223 as the default cios compared to the normal Waninkoko's 249 and Hermes combo ?
    I'm not sure if this is already covered but it seems to be recommended to use Waninkoko's CIOS as the standard one and Hermes just for games that won't work with it such as Guitar hero etc.

  6. #26
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    20. Select the cIOS installer.
    21. Select IOS249 for install, press the "A" button.
    22. Select custom IOS 224 v65535 to install, press the "A" button.
    23. Select IOS base, IOS 57, press the "A" button.
    24. Press the "1" button to install
    25. When completed, the Homebrew Channel will reboot, installation complete.

    I was good on the two previous to this, but I don't get an option for 224.

  7. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The land of Pharaohs
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stomp_442 View Post
    If you followed on the the tutorials here at Wiihacks for hacking your Wii, then you should have all ready got rid of the IOS stubs. You can't just write over the stubs. There is only currently a handful of games that will benifit from installing Hermes cIOS. Guitar Hero 5, Band Hero, and any game that uses a microphone.

    Look to step 4 of this guide to remove the stub IOS's - http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...y-4-2-wii.html
    Yes, I have a 4.2 system menu.
    Actually messie's guide, the Full hacking guide for 4.2 system menus!!!! does not tell us to remove IOSs 222 and 223, it just guides us to remove IOS249 so that we can install the cIOS, but then later on (in Part D5), he tells us to install IOSs 202, 222 and 223 which is weird because we still haven't removed the stubs (Me being skeptical, I skipped this step back when I was softmodding my Wii); which brings me to my question, "Do I have to uninstall the stubs before using Hermes installer"

    I think the basic answer to my question is "yes, given that I have not messed around with IOSs 222 and 223 at all".... So I just want to confirm this answer.... I'll be downloading Any Title Deleter till someone replies back. Thanks.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,552
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 2,240 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by specialalaa View Post
    Yes, I have a 4.2 system menu.
    Actually messie's guide, the Full hacking guide for 4.2 system menus!!!! does not tell us to remove IOSs 222 and 223, it just guides us to remove IOS249 so that we can install the cIOS, but then later on (in Part D5), he tells us to install IOSs 202, 222 and 223 which is weird because we still haven't removed the stubs (Me being skeptical, I skipped this step back when I was softmodding my Wii); which brings me to my question, "Do I have to uninstall the stubs before using Hermes installer"

    I think the basic answer to my question is "yes, given that I have not messed around with IOSs 222 and 223 at all".... So I just want to confirm this answer.... I'll be downloading Any Title Deleter till someone replies back. Thanks.
    Look here at shadowsonics guide to remove the stubs http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...y-4-2-wii.html, I thought for sure that messies guide would have you uninstall the stubs. Then you can install Hermes cIOS.

  9. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    My current MPlayer CE 0.76 is a bit laggy (freezes from time to time, especially when reading my DVD movies) so anything that could improve that would be nice!

    The few games that i have work perfectly with cIOS222 rev4, so no need to "change the running system" (for now).

    Do you know if there are any implications installing the IOS202 with IOS60-patched as base?

    My current config / apps:
    Waninkos v4.1E
    cIOS38 rev17
    cIOS222 & 223 rev4
    CFG USB Loader
    uLoader
    Priiloader 0.3b
    MPlayer CE 0.76

  10. #30
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The land of Pharaohs
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stomp_442 View Post
    Look here at shadowsonics guide to remove the stubs http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...y-4-2-wii.html, I thought for sure that messies guide would have you uninstall the stubs. Then you can install Hermes cIOS.
    Ya I've read that guide. Anywho, I went ahead and tried deleting the stubs using AnyTitle Deleter but it failed and gave me an error, so I just tried installing Hermes cIOS straight away and it worked =D. Don't know what happened to the stubs =/. Thanks for the help.

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •