Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 105

Thread: A Complete List of IOS Files and their Functions (Updated)

  1. #71
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstah View Post
    Look here for elaboration.
    Thanks for the reply, nightstah.

    I read that and understand these new IOSs came with the new 4.3 update and the new ShopChannel v20 needs IOS56, but I was not able to find anything about updating to the new IOSs would disable IOS downgrading capabilities. Could you please explain that to me?

  2. #72
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,180
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,570 Times in 2,972 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by muaddib View Post
    Thanks for the reply, nightstah.

    I read that and understand these new IOSs came with the new 4.3 update and the new ShopChannel v20 needs IOS56, but I was not able to find anything about updating to the new IOSs would disable IOS downgrading capabilities. Could you please explain that to me?
    It kills Trucha Bug Restorer, an app that restores the trucha bug by downgrading ios- i won't work anymore. But it does not mater, it has been replaced with cios236 installer.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  3. #73
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    It kills Trucha Bug Restorer, an app that restores the trucha bug by downgrading ios- i won't work anymore. But it does not mater, it has been replaced with cios236 installer.
    Thanks mauifrog! Now I got it!

    But that doesn't mean I could not downgrade it just installing a lower version (using cIOS236 like you said, or cIOS249), right?

  4. #74
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,180
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,570 Times in 2,972 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by muaddib View Post
    Thanks mauifrog! Now I got it!

    But that doesn't mean I could not downgrade it just installing a lower version (using cIOS236 like you said, or cIOS249), right?
    Sure, if you like, you can downgrade anything if done right. Not much reason to go below 4.1-4.2 ios versions and some wiis don't like the 3.x ios versions. But, considering the developments, I don't know of any benefit to downgrade an ios, perhaps to make some old app work, but I don't know of any need.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  5. #75
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    Sure, if you like, you can downgrade anything if done right. Not much reason to go below 4.1-4.2 ios versions and some wiis don't like the 3.x ios versions. But, considering the developments, I don't know of any benefit to downgrade an ios, perhaps to make some old app work, but I don't know of any need.
    Ok, Thanks! I don't want to downgrade anything, just like to be able to... and my miss understanding of the statement that these new IOSs "would disable IOS downgrade capabilities" did scare me a bit.

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    115
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Key
    Orange - included with the 4.3 update. These updates disable IOS downgrading capabilities.
    Red - Stubbed IOS, placeholders, no functional use.
    if i undersad it is better to update date to 4.3 to get the newer vision of the ios or what thanks

  7. #77
    Senior Member Krank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,895
    Thanks
    953
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by virgil79 View Post
    if i undersad it is better to update date to 4.3 to get the newer vision of the ios or what thanks
    No! Do not update to 4.3 for any reason.
    Damn I suck!!!!

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    115
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    how about the newer vision of the ios do i need them thanks

  9. #79
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    193
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Where do i find a list with all IOS + channels that are found in each system menu ?

  10. #80
    Senior Member Krank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,895
    Thanks
    953
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    I have never found one. Not really needed for modding purposes. Why do you ask?
    Damn I suck!!!!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •