Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 492

Thread: Add Priiloader to 4.1U or 4.1E or 4.2U or 4.2E, 0.5 (r99)

  1. #61
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I must have done something wrong here but...I do this part:

    Go into HBC and select Priiloader, then load.
    Press + to install.

    Then it goes back to HBC, where do I do the following part? The Priiloader WAD I installed only installs or uninstalls. Don't see where I can do the rest...thoughts?

    When finished select 'system menu hacks' in the Priiloader menu
    To start with just enable
    'skip disc update check' and the region free ones .
    save then go into settings
    Autoboot = system menu
    Return = system menu
    Save.


    THANKS!

  2. #62
    Senior Member WiiJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,953
    Thanks
    183
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 1,205 Posts
    Blog Entries
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by sirdragn View Post
    I must have done something wrong here but...I do this part:

    Go into HBC and select Priiloader, then load.
    Press + to install.

    Then it goes back to HBC, where do I do the following part? The Priiloader WAD I installed only installs or uninstalls. Don't see where I can do the rest...thoughts?

    When finished select 'system menu hacks' in the Priiloader menu
    To start with just enable
    'skip disc update check' and the region free ones .
    save then go into settings
    Autoboot = system menu
    Return = system menu
    Save.


    THANKS!
    Make sure you have the hacks.ini file for your system in the SD\root.
    Hold reset and power on, when priiloader screen appears release reset.
    Go into hacks and set them, save, go into settings and set, and save.

  3. #63
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akielb View Post
    4.2U -

    Successfully softmodded with other tutorials.

    My system was virgin - bought it from a friend who's kids never used it, so no preloader installed
    I installed IOS70-64-v6687 [Patched][FreeTheBug].wad with the wad manager
    Hacks.ini downloaded and modified to 4.2U's 481 and placed in SD root
    When I go to load priiloader, I get this error:IMAGE
    --------------------
    IOS 36 REV 3351

    Logged in as "su"!
    Got ROOT!
    Priiloader system menu ticket not fount/access denied
    trying to read original ticket....
    Unautorised to get ticket. is IOS 36 Trucha signed? aborting mission....
    ---------------------
    and the system boots back to HBC

    Thoughts?
    I get the same error. Can anyone advise?

    Read another forum you rename boot.dol to boot.old.

    there is another file called r15.dol which you rename to boot.dol

    Still getting errors. Think it was a different error

    got the above information from

    HOWTO: Install Priiloader to help prevent system bricks if you cannot use Bootmii as boot2 Ade's Softmodding Wii blog

    On that site it says if you get the error after renaming file you have to follow another link and follow points 2,3,4. The second link is

    HOWTO: Setup a System Menu 4.2 Wii for playing backups of commercial games with uLoader Ade's Softmodding Wii blog

    never used that site before so do not want to risk and follow insructions i am unsure about.

    Please advise. Should i follow 2,3 and 4. Will it cause any harm

    What else can i do?

  4. #64
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiJohn View Post
    Add Priiloader to 4.1U or 4.1E or 4.2U or 4.2E

    Go into HBC and select Priiloader, then load.
    Press + to install.

    When finished select 'system menu hacks' in the Priiloader menu
    To start with just enable
    'skip disc update check' and the region free ones .
    save then go into settings
    Autoboot = system menu
    Return = system menu
    Save.
    I softmoded my Wii as per Dogeggs in this post
    http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...d-any-wii.html
    I installed IOS60 patched and updated Firmware to 4.1U
    I ignored Priiloader part of the above post.. Now I am planning to install priiloader too on safer side.
    I have BootMii installed on Boot2

    I am getting below message When i click + to Install

    IOS 36 rev 3094

    Logged in as "su"!
    Got ROOT!
    Checking for Priiloader...

    WARNING: /title/00000001/00000002/content/1000007c.app is reported as okB!
    Ignore priiloader "installation"?
    It is recommended that you ignore the installation if priiloader hasn't successfully installed yet
    A=Yes B=No Home=Exit

    Please advice what to choose here?
    I Choose Home to Exit and get User Command, Aborting mission...

    Thanks

  5. #65
    Senior Member WiiJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,953
    Thanks
    183
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 1,205 Posts
    Blog Entries
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetsak View Post
    I softmoded my Wii as per Dogeggs in this post
    http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...d-any-wii.html
    I installed IOS60 patched and updated Firmware to 4.1U
    I ignored Priiloader part of the above post.. Now I am planning to install priiloader too on safer side.
    I have BootMii installed on Boot2

    I am getting below message When i click + to Install

    IOS 36 rev 3094

    Logged in as "su"!
    Got ROOT!
    Checking for Priiloader...

    WARNING: /title/00000001/00000002/content/1000007c.app is reported as okB!
    Ignore priiloader "installation"?
    It is recommended that you ignore the installation if priiloader hasn't successfully installed yet
    A=Yes B=No Home=Exit

    Please advice what to choose here?
    I Choose Home to Exit and get User Command, Aborting mission...

    Thanks
    If you have updtaed to 4.1, make sure all is Ok, system menu displays, can goto settings. If Ok backup your nand.

    Install priiloader with B and + on 249.

  6. #66
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    is it safe to do this if you are on 4.2 as getting error as stated above in my post. Have softmodded already and trying to load priiloader

    B2. Load Trucha Bug restorer again and this time press left on the Wii remote until you select IOS15 and Press A. Wait a few seconds and press 1. Choose IOS36 menu. Copy the settings so they are exactly as listed below:

    Install IOS to slot (36)
    Hash check (trucha) YES
    ES_Identity YES
    Nand Permissions YES

    Scroll back up and select install patched IOS36. When asked choose to load IOS from SD. Follow any further prompts and exit when finished.

    B3. Load Trucha Bug Restorer yet again, now choose IOS36 and press A. Wait a few seconds and press 1. Choose to restore IOS15. Press A to restore. When Prompted always choose ‘Load IOS from SD’ follow any further prompts and exit when finished.


    B4. Run Any Title Deleter MOD from the Homebrew Channel. Choose IOS36 and press A. Go to System Titles and press A. Select the following IOS files one by one and select A to delete them one after the other:

    IOS222
    IOS223
    IOS249
    IOS250

  7. #67
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetsak View Post
    I softmoded my Wii as per Dogeggs in this post
    http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...d-any-wii.html
    I installed IOS60 patched and updated Firmware to 4.1U
    I ignored Priiloader part of the above post.. Now I am planning to install priiloader too on safer side.
    I have BootMii installed on Boot2

    I am getting below message When i click + to Install

    IOS 36 rev 3094

    Logged in as "su"!
    Got ROOT!
    Checking for Priiloader...

    WARNING: /title/00000001/00000002/content/1000007c.app is reported as okB!
    Ignore priiloader "installation"?
    It is recommended that you ignore the installation if priiloader hasn't successfully installed yet
    A=Yes B=No Home=Exit

    Please advice what to choose here?
    I Choose Home to Exit and get User Command, Aborting mission...

    Thanks
    i get the same error so if someone says my solution is ok as above post u can follow same procedure

  8. #68
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiJohn View Post
    If you have updtaed to 4.1, make sure all is Ok, system menu displays, can goto settings. If Ok backup your nand.

    Install priiloader with B and + on 249.
    Thanks for reply.
    I backed up NAND. When I go to Wii Options > Wii Settings, I could see Ver. 4.1U
    May I know what are you referring here "make sure all is Ok, system menu displays, can goto settings."

    When i launched Priiloader with B and + on I get the same message as earlier but IOS is 249 as below

    IOS 249 rev 17

    Logged in as "su"!
    Got ROOT!
    Checking for Priiloader...

    WARNING: /title/00000001/00000002/content/1000007c.app is reported as okB!
    Ignore priiloader "installation"?
    It is recommended that you ignore the installation if priiloader hasn't successfully installed yet
    A=Yes B=No Home=Exit

    Please advice what to choose here?
    I Choose Home to Exit and get User Command, Aborting mission...

    Thanks

  9. #69
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    115
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 17 Times in 17 Posts
    I'm getting the same error as the guy's above me.

  10. #70
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    115
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 17 Times in 17 Posts
    Aw man, I tried to follow a comment of someone, and pressed B, and now when my Wii restarts, it boots up to PriiLoader, but when I open System Menu Hacks, it just shows white page....

    Yeah, I got cios installed and all kinds of apps , usb loader and such...
    And installed my HBC to 1.0

    It says error booting systemmenu could not get boot stats...

    I hope i didn't brick it something.. please help.

Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •