Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 492

Thread: Add Priiloader to 4.1U or 4.1E or 4.2U or 4.2E, 0.5 (r99)

  1. #221
    New Member jpimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
    WiiJohn great guide.
    I was just wanting to clarify, I successfully modded my wii with softmodd any 3.1 - 4.1 wii guide, and my 4.1U wii has never been better.
    I installed bootmii as boot2 and wanted to mess around with the new priiloader .4 rev 78.

    so it sounds like this is the first version to not require "installing system menu to remove old priiloader, and then installing IOS60 patched again because the system menu install would have overwrote that to a new non patched one. finally proceding to install new priiloader."
    correct?

    so if i understand correctly since i am updating to rev 78 it will automatically overwrite rev 48 currently installed.
    and I still use the same hacks.ini file i have been using.

  2. #222
    Senior Member WiiJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,953
    Thanks
    183
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 1,205 Posts
    Blog Entries
    11
    Thats correct, it will update your old version. It may reset your hack settings, not sure, best to check them.

  3. 1 User Says Thank You WiiJohn For This Useful Post


  4. #223
    New Member jpimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
    thanks for the quick reply WiiJohn.
    gonna mess around with the new version tonight.

  5. #224
    New Member jpimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiJohn View Post
    This may be due to a channel be installed by a wad and then removed in data management. This removes the channel, but leave traces behind. Check the ID of the ones with ?????, you may find thay are channels you have deleted. anytitle deleter should remove them.

    Nice to see a new query.
    i have a similar question to follow up... priiloader r78 installed first try no problem. just pressed +
    now i cane see all these duplicate channels.
    and ??????? channels wich all seem to correspond to wad's that i installed, then moved to sd card. to save nand space.
    if i remove these question mark channels with any title deleter will the games still play off my sd card?
    and can i remove the duplicate system channels like forcast channel and photo channel, if so wich one of the two do i remove?
    note... I do not have duplicate channels on my system menu, just in priiloader.
    i have been using Title database - WiiBrew to figure out what all this is.
    here's a picture if it works.
    Imageshack - dsc02828ac.jpg - Uploaded by rileyk
    Last edited by jpimp; 04-29-2010 at 04:04 PM.

  6. #225
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    148
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 532 Times in 26 Posts
    Ok, great guide. Just a couple of questions.

    I have a modded Wii through the Twilight hack from yeseteryear, I've since updated to menu 4.2E using the safe update method. I have HBC the latest version. That's pretty much it, I don't have anything else on there, so if I read things right, I don't need to update to any menu as it the first steps. All I need to do is the following:

    install IOS70-patched.wad – for 4.2 make sure you do this before you install Priiloader

    Copy wad into SD\wad
    Install with Wad manager or YAWM ??

    Download Priiloader rev48 latest version 0.3b (rev48)

    Copy directory to SD\apps

    Get hacks.in file here,
    Hacks.ini all

    Edit text file, use lines with 482 for 4.2E

    Save edited hacks.ini file to root of SD card

    Go into HBC and select Priiloader, then load.
    Press + to install.

    When finished select 'system menu hacks' in the Priiloader menu
    To start with just enable
    'skip disc update check' and the region free ones .
    save then go into settings
    Autoboot = system menu
    Return = system menu
    Save.

    To check Priiloader is working, power off, then on. You should go to system menu page.
    Power off, then on, holding the reset button until Priiloader screen comes up.
    Check you can exit to HBC.

    If someone could answer the above then I'm going to go for it. Thanks.
    I love this site!

  7. #226
    Senior Member WiiJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,953
    Thanks
    183
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 1,205 Posts
    Blog Entries
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Demo777 View Post
    Ok, great guide. Just a couple of questions.

    I have a modded Wii through the Twilight hack from yeseteryear, I've since updated to menu 4.2E using the safe update method. I have HBC the latest version. That's pretty much it, I don't have anything else on there, so if I read things right, I don't need to update to any menu as it the first steps. All I need to do is the following:

    install IOS70-patched.wad – for 4.2 make sure you do this before you install Priiloader

    Copy wad into SD\wad
    Install with Wad manager or YAWM ??

    Download Priiloader rev48 latest version 0.3b (rev48)

    Copy directory to SD\apps

    Get hacks.in file here,
    Hacks.ini all

    Edit text file, use lines with 482 for 4.2E

    Save edited hacks.ini file to root of SD card

    Go into HBC and select Priiloader, then load.
    Press + to install.

    When finished select 'system menu hacks' in the Priiloader menu
    To start with just enable
    'skip disc update check' and the region free ones .
    save then go into settings
    Autoboot = system menu
    Return = system menu
    Save.

    To check Priiloader is working, power off, then on. You should go to system menu page.
    Power off, then on, holding the reset button until Priiloader screen comes up.
    Check you can exit to HBC.

    If someone could answer the above then I'm going to go for it. Thanks.
    Sounds like you have it right.
    You could use the latest priiloader, 0.4, rev78.

  8. 1 User Says Thank You WiiJohn For This Useful Post


  9. #227
    Senior Member WiiJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,953
    Thanks
    183
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 1,205 Posts
    Blog Entries
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by jpimp View Post
    i have a similar question to follow up... priiloader r78 installed first try no problem. just pressed +
    now i cane see all these duplicate channels.
    and ??????? channels which all seem to correspond to wad's that i installed, then moved to sd card. to save nand space.
    if i remove these question mark channels with any title deleter will the games still play off my sd card?
    and can i remove the duplicate system channels like forcast channel and photo channel, if so wich one of the two do i remove?
    note... I do not have duplicate channels on my system menu, just in priiloader.
    i have been using Title database - WiiBrew to figure out what all this is.
    here's a picture if it works.
    Imageshack - dsc02828ac.jpg - Uploaded by rileyk
    The channels with ? marks against them can be removed. This won't effect games being played from the SD card, I presume you mean the saved game.
    Channels removed with data management often leave this trace behind. Check your properly displayed channels are not one of these ? ID's.
    Use anytitle deleter to remove them.

  10. 1 User Says Thank You WiiJohn For This Useful Post


  11. #228
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    148
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 532 Times in 26 Posts
    Ok, so not done it yet and thanks for the really quick reply. I just download the priiloader, 0.4, rev78, but the directory structure looks a lot different to the previous, recommended version. Presumably the files should be like this:

    SD Card Root:\apps\Priiloader_v0_4\priiloader
    SD Card Root:\apps\Priiloader_v0_4\extra
    SD Card Root:\apps\Priiloader_v0_4\GPL.txt
    SD Card Root:\apps\Priiloader_v0_4\ReadMeh.txt

    or should it be:

    SD Card Root:\apps\priiloader
    SD Card Root:\apps\extra
    SD Card Root:\apps\GPL.txt
    SD Card Root:\apps\ReadMeh.txt

    and then load via HBC as previously suggested?
    Thanks.
    I love this site!

  12. #229
    Senior Member WiiJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,953
    Thanks
    183
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 1,205 Posts
    Blog Entries
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Demo777 View Post
    Ok, so not done it yet and thanks for the really quick reply. I just download the priiloader, 0.4, rev78, but the directory structure looks a lot different to the previous, recommended version. Presumably the files should be like this:

    SD Card Root:\apps\Priiloader_v0_4\priiloader
    SD Card Root:\apps\Priiloader_v0_4\extra
    SD Card Root:\apps\Priiloader_v0_4\GPL.txt
    SD Card Root:\apps\Priiloader_v0_4\ReadMeh.txt

    or should it be:

    SD Card Root:\apps\priiloader
    SD Card Root:\apps\extra
    SD Card Root:\apps\GPL.txt
    SD Card Root:\apps\ReadMeh.txt

    and then load via HBC as previously suggested?
    Thanks.

    The only important structure is SD Card Root:\apps\priiloader

    The others are not needed. Rememeber the app should be renamed boot.dol if not already.

  13. 1 User Says Thank You WiiJohn For This Useful Post


  14. #230
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    148
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 532 Times in 26 Posts
    Thanks Wiijohn, the app is already named boot.dol straight from the d/l link provided. I'll get this set up in a bit and ready to go then I'll post back if it's a success. Thanks again! see you on the other side.....lol
    I love this site!

Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •