Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 433

Thread: NAND programming- Low Level Brick recovery without bootmii

  1. #361
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,304
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 320 Times in 240 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    I'm at work and no sound. Where are you from?

  2. #362
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,304
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 320 Times in 240 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Also, what happens when you try running a Wii game with a semi recent update on it (something with 4.1 or 4.2 on it)

  3. #363
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad_Ad84 View Post
    Also, what happens when you try running a Wii game with a semi recent update on it (something with 4.1 or 4.2 on it)
    I tried Super Mario Galaxy 2, it did the same thing Brawl did...

    Could I fix the Wii using the recovery menu? I dont have a modchip or cios249 though

  4. #364
    New Member erikie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    524
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 170 Times in 141 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    is your nand backup from 4.3 or below that? If it is not from 4.3 I would suggest to go for a nand restore so you have an older menu which is easier to hack then your 4.3 wii.
    You could try to go to the settings and see if it needs updating again however I doubt that. Re-formatting might help but also doubtfull.
    Your best bet would be to get HBC up and running on it so you could try to get into a wad manager to re-install stuff however that is hard to do on 4.3 if you need to mod it still....
    If you think I helped you please click the little thanks button
    Send me a PM if you have any questions regarding unbricking with infectus mod chip or post a message in here http://www.wiihacks.com/bricked-wii-...installed.html

  5. #365
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by erikie View Post
    is your nand backup from 4.3 or below that? If it is not from 4.3 I would suggest to go for a nand restore so you have an older menu which is easier to hack then your 4.3 wii.
    You could try to go to the settings and see if it needs updating again however I doubt that. Re-formatting might help but also doubtfull.
    Your best bet would be to get HBC up and running on it so you could try to get into a wad manager to re-install stuff however that is hard to do on 4.3 if you need to mod it still....
    My NAND backup is from a few days ago so it's 4.3. I can't restore my NAND since I can't have BootMii/boot2.
    Could the IOS41 be causing the problem? It's a Korean IOS, and the only IOS I can recall messing with where 15 and 36.

    I can use the System Update setting so when Nintendo releases 4.4/ 5.0 I could update it and it will hopefully fix it.

    Are the infectus chips hard to find?

    I have an old Wii which got badly damaged, I'm wondering if I could take the NAND from that Wii and put it on my current one because the old Wii has the old boot1. boot1 is stored in NAND so i dont see the problem, or does boot0 check for the new boot1?

    Right now, I am stuck. I don't know what to do, I'm thinking about just sending it in to Nintendo but I don't know. I just want to play my games again!!!!

    Edit: Are the infectus available in the US?

    Also, since this is not a full brick, are there any ways I could get it to write the nand.bin? or atleast to load homebrew so i could fix the ios's without the modchip?
    Last edited by MarioBr1; 08-10-2010 at 09:27 AM.

  6. #366
    New Member erikie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    524
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 170 Times in 141 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Do you have HBC on the wii running? Can you get into bootmii IOS? as you were able to make the nand backup... Did you use the Smash brothers hack?
    If you can get into bootmii then you might be able to run cboot2 dols and get some diagnostics out of your wii (signcheck) however a lot requires cios 249 installed on the wii
    If you think I helped you please click the little thanks button
    Send me a PM if you have any questions regarding unbricking with infectus mod chip or post a message in here http://www.wiihacks.com/bricked-wii-...installed.html

  7. #367
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,304
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 320 Times in 240 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    He cant get into HBC, therefore cant get into bootmii.

    (this was in his video)

    Also, what is damaged on the old Wii?

  8. #368
    New Member erikie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    524
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 170 Times in 141 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    well I cannot see his vid as my current connection is a bit slow
    Better flash the nand back with a programmer and start from square one
    If you think I helped you please click the little thanks button
    Send me a PM if you have any questions regarding unbricking with infectus mod chip or post a message in here http://www.wiihacks.com/bricked-wii-...installed.html

  9. #369
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by erikie View Post
    Do you have HBC on the wii running? Can you get into bootmii IOS? as you were able to make the nand backup... Did you use the Smash brothers hack?
    If you can get into bootmii then you might be able to run cboot2 dols and get some diagnostics out of your wii (signcheck) however a lot requires cios 249 installed on the wii
    Here is the video I made last night: YouTube - ‪My semi-bricked Wii‬‎
    I don't know why it reboots the while system. Could this be because I tried to downgrade IOS36 on a LU64+ Wii?
    I can't get into ANY channel, game, etc. The only thing that works is the Wii System Menu.

    I used Smash Stack to install Bootmii IOS and HBC

    I just called Nintendo and they said they don't fixed hacked Wiis, I told them I would pay for the repair and they said it would cost the same as a new console, I told them that I cannot buy a new Wii because I would lose my Wii Shop and the lady said probably. I'm about to call again and ask them how much they charge to fix physically damaged Wiis I could just break my Wii to the point that they won't be able to detect hacks, but I'll do that only if I can't fix it.

    EDIT: Also, I checked yes to the "Nand access" thing on the trucha bug restorer for IOS36, could that be the problem?
    Last edited by MarioBr1; 08-10-2010 at 12:16 PM.

  10. #370
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad_Ad84 View Post
    He cant get into HBC, therefore cant get into bootmii.

    (this was in his video)

    Also, what is damaged on the old Wii?
    The old Wii got kicked to death, the disk drive is broken. I don't know if the NAND on that Wii works

Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •