-1 usually relates to SD card incompatibility issue (but your query and this answer really are OT to what the purpose of this thread is for).
I got IOS56 for Endless Ocean 2 using NUS Downloader and unzipped it. Put the WAD file on my SD Card and tried to install it using WAD Manager. It seems to open the WAD File OK, but when it goes to installing it then it goes to Installing Content #24...ERRor (ret=-!). Can anyone please tell me if I did something wrong, and how to correct the ERROR. Thanking anyone in advance for any help.
When I try to run the exe. it says unable to load application or sumthing.. help :/
installed the ios for Wii Party, due to the black screen.
followed the directions and installed the wad using wad manager. still getting the black screen.
any help? can someone tell me maybe what their settings are in config usb loader for this???
you are usb loading via cfg loader as you say. This makes IOS updating unnecessary, as you load a game with your cIOS installed on your wii (IOS slots above 200).
I got this game running with cIOS250rev20, not sure right now, should work.
Find the .wad for it with instructions how to install it in the cIOS as wads thread linked below.
Install, go to cfg settings (press 1 when game is selected) choose 250 to run the game.
Also some hints in the FAQ of the softmod basics linked below.
thank you for the suggestion. Tried installing and didn't work. I already have been using 250, as i believe that was the "default" cISO from the softmod 4.3 thread.
any other suggestions? still the black screen. am i missing something easy here? maybe it might be a bad file? etc etc
Alright I'm having some issues getting HomeBrew to load following updating Opera and Wii Shop. Here is as detailed as I can remember as to exactly what I did. System is 4.2U btw.
1) Used NUSD to download latest versions of Wii Shop (v19) and Opera Channel as well as the latest versions of IOS 61 and 55, as that is what I read on another thread was to be used for each.
2) Installed each IOS using Wad Manager and then installed each Channel.
3) Tested Opera channel and worked fine. Went to Shop Channel and it said I needed to update still. *Did some more research and found where Krank said that I actually needed v20 that uses a different IOS so I downloaded those.
4) Went back to Wad Manager and unistalled the Wii Shop Channel and then uninstalled the the IOS 61, that I had just installed. Exited Wad Manager and it froze on "...bye" - I'm sure most of you know that screen; didn't think much of this at the time and simply turned the wii off.
5) I booted the Wii up after adding the new IOS and v20 to my Wad folder to install using Wad Manager again... so I thought. I noticed that there was no longer any wiishop channel at all (I would have thought uninstalling the Wad would have simply removed the update and not the whole channel) Anyway, now when I click start in the HomeBrew Channel it waits a few seconds and then reboots back to the main Wii screen. Tried repeatedly with the same results.
6) I went into Wii management options and deleted the homebrew channel, thinking I could just reinstall it using Bannerbomb the same way I did when I first started the wonderful world of modding oh so long ago.
7) Used my original SD card and went into Bannerbomb and reinstalled Homebrew. When I exited bannerbomb it froze as well. I restarted the Wii and Homebrew was there, however now when I click it, it simply loads to a black screen instead of doing the reboot to the main menu.
8) I am stuck. Any ideas as to why this happened or how to fix it?
Note: Opera Channel and WiiFlow on the main screen all seem to load and work just fine still.
Last edited by Dear_Ambellina; 11-30-2010 at 12:37 PM.
So if i install WiiGator's cMIOS on my 4.1U softmodded Wii then it will brick? i think i need to get a gamecube sort file because everytime i try to play a gamecube burned game it won't work. Games: Soul Calibur 2,I-Ninja.