I think that's where poorly written instructions can cause people to do - think of more steps to do than what is being explained. That's why Messie's Homebrew install guide for system menu 4.2 is my favourite so far. I followed his instructions step by step and got everything to work with minimal problems.
When someone is learning something new, even the smallest little detail should be included to bridge two steps together.
I got this working perfectly for an SD card, but when trying with a USB drive i get "Error: I can't get title list Press any button". I went through the error checklist on page one of this guide and I still can't get it to work.
- My nand files are in the root of my USB drive.
- FAT 32 partition set to active
- cIOS 249 rev14
- USB powered on
- Games installed
- Tried switching USB ports on Wii
What else is needed? I'm using a Seagate FreeAgent 250GB drive.
One thing I notice is Homebrew isn't reading from my USB's app folder. I had to use my SD card to install the wad for the USB forwarder. Once I take out my SD card, homebrew is appless. I can see my USB drive in USB loader GX though.
Forgot to mention, I get a code dump when I exit.
Last edited by samowen; 03-07-2010 at 08:17 PM.
The nand folder is on the root.Q3. I Keep getting "Error: I can't get title list Press any button" when triiforce loads.
A3. This can be caused by a few things:
- You are trying to load from an SD card or USB device and your nand files are not on the root of the device. Make sure the folders that make up the nand are NOT in another folder. Many people tend to put them in a folder called nand on the root of the device to keep the device directory clean. This is wrong.
- You are trying to load triiforce from a nand on an SDHC card. Triiforce can only load a nand from an SD card or a USB device.
- You are trying to load triiforce from a nand on a USB device and the Fat32 partition is not set to ACTIVE. Refer to the section of this guide titled USB Loading Steps on how to fix this.
- You do not have cIOS 38 installed to 249 and/or if you are not using rev 14, 15 or 17. Triiforce specifically requires cIOS 249 and is not compatible with revisions lower than 14 or 16.
- You are trying to load triiforce from a nand on a USB device and the USB device is turned off (most 3.5" hard drive enclosures need to be turned on manually).
- You have no games installed on your nand. Use ShowMiiWads and install some as per step 5 of this guide.
SDHC? I'm pretty sure not, but how do I check?
I have cIOS 249 rev 17.
I did install games, 100% sure. My nand dump had games too.
I'm using the Auto SD card version, if it matters.
Please help me >>..
Edit: Oh, I didn't read the first one correctly. Not the nand folder, it's contents. OK XP
Wait, I tried to run Bit. Trip Void, it goes to the health menu and black screen. Why doesn't it work? Bit. Trip Beat works though..
Edit 2: Bit. Trip Core dosen't works either..
Last edited by Orel82; 03-08-2010 at 05:20 AM.
tried this for usb, and when i run triiforce loader the usb version, i click start and the slanted WII sign pops up for a second and then my wii restarts. any ideas? i double checked my steps and everything seems correct.
4.1U softmod / priiloader / usb loader gx / single fat32 hdd partition / reset to usb loader gx enabled