Page 71 of 292 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 710 of 2912

Thread: Loading and Playing Wii Backup Games from USB HDD (softmod only)

  1. #701
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    33
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Hi, I need some help getting my hard drive to work with the USB loaders.
    To give you a little background:

    3.2E Wii ,Bootmii in boot2
    cIOS249 rev14
    cIOS222 rev4

    I bought a 'Lacie petit hard disk' 500GB after reading that the 320GB version seemed compatible in the compatibility list.LaCie - LaCie Petit Hard Disk

    I created a 390GB WBFS partition (primary,active) and the rest is NTFS.

    I can load videofiles from Geexbox and Mplayer fine, haven't tested Homebrew yet.

    Now here's the problem, I tried:
    USB Loader GX,
    Wiiflow,
    Neogamma,
    UsbLoader 1.5
    ...,
    all of them freeze when when trying to mount the hard drive and I need to hold the power button on my Wii to reset.

    UsbLoader 1.5 showed a "timeout 30sec" with the hard drive at port 0, with the hard drive at port 1 it asked me to format to WBFS and then said no partitions found error -6.

    I've read something about needing IOS36 rev10 for UsbLoader 1.5 but I don't know what the safe way is to install it and if I even need it.

    I'm mainly interested in the loaders that can actually backup your own discs as I want to put my collection on the drive.

    I've also done a Signcheck on my system, see below

    SignCheck 0.3b aka loveSexWii build report
    Wii region, Europe
    Wii unique device id, 67818096

    IOS number, "Trucha bug", "Flash access", "Boot2 access", "Usb2.0 IOS tree"
    IOS250 (ver 65535), Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Enabled
    IOS249 (ver 14), Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Enabled
    IOS222 (ver 4), Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
    IOS61 (ver 4890), Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
    IOS53 (ver 4113), Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
    IOS37 (ver 2070), Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
    IOS35 (ver 1040), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
    IOS34 (ver 1039), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
    IOS33 (ver 1040), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
    IOS31 (ver 1040), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
    IOS30 (ver 1040), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
    IOS20 (ver 12), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
    IOS17 (ver 512), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
    IOS13 (ver 10), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
    IOS12 (ver 6), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled

    Any ideas?

  2. #702
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    hdd problems

    I have a 3.2 soft modded and uped to 4.1. I have home brew and all the programs from the soft mod any wii tut. I purchased an ide/sata to usb cable and PS setup for my pc. I was just tinkering with a wd caviar 160 gig internal i had laying around and the ide-usbkit. it worked on my wii. I used uloader and copied house of the dead 2/3 to the hdd while i was downloading punch out iso because my disk got damaged by one of the kids. HotD 2/3 works fine but punchout will freeze after I fight a round or 2 and not play any more. usually freezes while we are in the corner getting ready for the next round. I have searched the forums for things to do and have turned on the 002 error fix in usbloader as well as the vid thing towards the top of the menu. that fixed a little as I can now actually get to the fight. I read about the sleep thing. is it possible that is my problem and if so why does HotD2/3 work perfectly from start to end game on 2 or 3?

    *edit: ok...when usb loader loads it says "ios2** not found using ios36". could that be the problem? I am into the majors and have fought 12 matches and had no problems. any info would be great.
    Last edited by irish.bobby; 01-07-2010 at 07:33 PM.

  3. #703
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    usb loader freeze

    hey everyone. 1st post on here... i used usb loader gx.... i had my extneral hdd put into the 2nd usb port of wii.... when i start the usb loader.. it freezes after 10 seconds... and light on my external usb shuts off.....

    also used different loader and it freezes...

    am i doing anything wrong?? i format the hdd using wbfs thing.. did all right... any clues.. anywhere i can read to find out/?

  4. #704
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    33
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    If you would have read my post #700 you'd see that I have pretty much the same question, so instead of asking it again with minimal usefull info I'd kindly ask you to wait untill someone replies to it. No point in cluttering this thread with vague questions

  5. #705
    Senior Member
    Legendary
    EMPRESS of ALL
    Retired Head Admin

    Do NOT PM for Site or Wii Issues
    Gen3SF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,036
    Thanks
    434
    Thanked 4,658 Times in 2,237 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by hamah View Post
    I've tried to rip original game disks using the little "+" button on the lower left of GX's menu but after asking me to insert a disk and then pausing for a few seconds GX dumps and reloads and I'm back at the System Menu (I've got GX installed as a full channel rather than running the boot.dol from HBC or using the forwarder). Anyone else seeing this issue?

    BTW I did search around the forums as well as over at the google code site used as the repository (Issues - usbloader-gui - Project Hosting on Google Code) with no luck.
    Make sure you have the WBFS partition as active and primary.

    As USB Loader GX loads up, your installation of a custom IOS would appear to be OK and the channel install version of USB Loader GX seems to functional, but lets' check to see if it's just a superficial appearance. Please also install a .dol version of USB Loader GX. Create a Folder and name it something like USBLOaderGX, copy the boot.dol from the download depository you were exploring and run USB Loader GX from HBC. If that still won't install your original game discs. Install another USB Loader and try that-if that fails-we go back to the HDD. YOu already made sure it was designated as active and primary. Check to make sure the WBF partition is the First partition. Check to see that there is no hidden first partition-some Mac drives have that, some internal drives too. I presume you checked the drive against both compatibility lists-and the drive is fully compatible-some HDDs on the gbattemp site are a little iffy-read the comments to make sure your drive is OK.

    If so, then reinstall WBFS Mgr and reformat that drive and do it all over again. Good luck.

  6. #706
    Senior Member
    Legendary
    EMPRESS of ALL
    Retired Head Admin

    Do NOT PM for Site or Wii Issues
    Gen3SF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,036
    Thanks
    434
    Thanked 4,658 Times in 2,237 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexis View Post
    Hi, I need some help getting my hard drive to work with the USB loaders.
    To give you a little background:

    3.2E Wii ,Bootmii in boot2
    cIOS249 rev14
    cIOS222 rev4

    I bought a 'Lacie petit hard disk' 500GB after reading that the 320GB version seemed compatible in the compatibility list.LaCie - LaCie Petit Hard Disk

    I created a 390GB WBFS partition (primary,active) and the rest is NTFS.

    I can load videofiles from Geexbox and Mplayer fine, haven't tested Homebrew yet.

    Now here's the problem, I tried:
    USB Loader GX,
    Wiiflow,
    Neogamma,
    UsbLoader 1.5
    ...,
    all of them freeze when when trying to mount the hard drive and I need to hold the power button on my Wii to reset.

    UsbLoader 1.5 showed a "timeout 30sec" with the hard drive at port 0, with the hard drive at port 1 it asked me to format to WBFS and then said no partitions found error -6.

    I've read something about needing IOS36 rev10 for UsbLoader 1.5 but I don't know what the safe way is to install it and if I even need it.

    I'm mainly interested in the loaders that can actually backup your own discs as I want to put my collection on the drive.

    I've also done a Signcheck on my system, see below

    SignCheck 0.3b aka loveSexWii build report
    Wii region, Europe
    Wii unique device id, 67818096

    IOS number, "Trucha bug", "Flash access", "Boot2 access", "Usb2.0 IOS tree"
    IOS250 (ver 65535), Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Enabled
    IOS249 (ver 14), Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Enabled
    IOS222 (ver 4), Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
    IOS61 (ver 4890), Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
    IOS53 (ver 4113), Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
    IOS37 (ver 2070), Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
    IOS35 (ver 1040), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
    IOS34 (ver 1039), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
    IOS33 (ver 1040), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
    IOS31 (ver 1040), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
    IOS30 (ver 1040), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
    IOS20 (ver 12), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
    IOS17 (ver 512), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
    IOS13 (ver 10), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
    IOS12 (ver 6), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled

    Any ideas?
    Thank you for a very thorough case presentation. No additional data are needed. Your softmod is fine, your cIOS installations are good. USB Loader 1.5-don't bother as it is outdated. Unfortunately, your HDD is not compatible. If you need to shop for another, I recommend as still among the the most troublefree the Western Digital Passport models 320GB or 500 GB, the two 1TB WD drives Digital Elements and My Book. Also reported, fewer reports though are the 1.5TB WD and Seagates. While WBFS Mgr only officially supports partitions up to 1TB, users have reported no problem with the 1.5TB units-again caution is warranted because their are only a few detailed reports.

    Just because one model in a line of HDDs is reported as compatible, one cannot assume the same of all the models. An example is the Western Digitals - notice the sizes I reported as being the most troublefree-the other sizes do not share the compatibility features-odd, but true.

  7. #707
    Senior Member
    Legendary
    EMPRESS of ALL
    Retired Head Admin

    Do NOT PM for Site or Wii Issues
    Gen3SF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,036
    Thanks
    434
    Thanked 4,658 Times in 2,237 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by irish.bobby View Post
    I have a 3.2 soft modded and uped to 4.1. I have home brew and all the programs from the soft mod any wii tut. I purchased an ide/sata to usb cable and PS setup for my pc. I was just tinkering with a wd caviar 160 gig internal i had laying around and the ide-usbkit. it worked on my wii. I used uloader and copied house of the dead 2/3 to the hdd while i was downloading punch out iso because my disk got damaged by one of the kids. HotD 2/3 works fine but punchout will freeze after I fight a round or 2 and not play any more. usually freezes while we are in the corner getting ready for the next round. I have searched the forums for things to do and have turned on the 002 error fix in usbloader as well as the vid thing towards the top of the menu. that fixed a little as I can now actually get to the fight. I read about the sleep thing. is it possible that is my problem and if so why does HotD2/3 work perfectly from start to end game on 2 or 3?

    *edit: ok...when usb loader loads it says "ios2** not found using ios36". could that be the problem? I am into the majors and have fought 12 matches and had no problems. any info would be great.
    That is strange that one game freezes and the other is fine-that would be inconsistent with that sleep mode problem that affects the internal HDDs-good searching, though, I appreciate you using the search function-good job.

    One specific question, you mentioned using uLoader-was that just a shorthand for USB Loader GX or did you truly mean uLoader. Reason for asking is that uLoader versions 3.5 and 3.6 disable IOS249 as not being needed. If you truly did mean uLoader, then stick with that and Hermes IOS222/223 for playing all your games and see how that works for you.

    The uSB Loader GX error message normally doesn't mean much-it first looks for IOS249, when it doesn't see it, it then looks through a series of IOSes including IOS 236 that some softmodding guides are using for 4.2 Wiis. Usually, running through the progression it finds something and just continues on its way loading up just fine.

  8. 1 User Says Thank You Gen3SF For This Useful Post


  9. #708
    Senior Member
    Legendary
    EMPRESS of ALL
    Retired Head Admin

    Do NOT PM for Site or Wii Issues
    Gen3SF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,036
    Thanks
    434
    Thanked 4,658 Times in 2,237 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjude View Post
    hey everyone. 1st post on here... i used usb loader gx.... i had my extneral hdd put into the 2nd usb port of wii.... when i start the usb loader.. it freezes after 10 seconds... and light on my external usb shuts off.....

    also used different loader and it freezes...

    am i doing anything wrong?? i format the hdd using wbfs thing.. did all right... any clues.. anywhere i can read to find out/?
    Probably some of the previous posts and responses could help you out. If your USB HDD is truly an external HDD, then it is not looking like it is compatible. If it is a converted internal HDD, read about the energy power down problem and use your utility disc if you have one to set the sleep cycle to Never or some really long interval.

  10. #709
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    33
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gen3sf View Post
    Thank you for a very thorough case presentation. No additional data are needed. Your softmod is fine, your cIOS installations are good. USB Loader 1.5-don't bother as it is outdated. Unfortunately, your HDD is not compatible. If you need to shop for another, I recommend as still among the the most troublefree the Western Digital Passport models 320GB or 500 GB, the two 1TB WD drives Digital Elements and My Book. Also reported, fewer reports though are the 1.5TB WD and Seagates. While WBFS Mgr only officially supports partitions up to 1TB, users have reported no problem with the 1.5TB units-again caution is warranted because their are only a few detailed reports.

    Just because one model in a line of HDDs is reported as compatible, one cannot assume the same of all the models. An example is the Western Digitals - notice the sizes I reported as being the most troublefree-the other sizes do not share the compatibility features-odd, but true.
    Aw that's really too bad, when I was at the shop the WD was only 5 more
    Anyway, I guess I can find a use for the Lacie, mabe USB-Linux or somrthing.
    Is it possible that it has a hidden partition that might be causing the problem, when I open this drive in Geexbox it shows among my NTFS partition an empty FAT partition that I didn't create?
    Are the WD passport Essential drive OK? I'd like to use a laptop drive.

  11. #710
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    33
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I found something interesting, will try this later tonight,

    How to Erase a Hidden Hard Drive Partition | eHow.com

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •