Page 253 of 292 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 2912

Thread: Loading and Playing Wii Backup Games from USB HDD (softmod only)

  1. #2521
    Senior Member
    Legendary
    EMPRESS of ALL
    Retired Head Admin

    Do NOT PM for Site or Wii Issues
    Gen3SF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,036
    Thanks
    434
    Thanked 4,658 Times in 2,237 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Ukrainianoiler View Post
    First post - tried searching after reading. Likely making things way more difficult than they are.

    In step two in the quote - it says to copy the wad files from the wad folder on my pc (which I can find and see) to the SD card. I've already done the 4.3 soft mod and this step has me screwed up...I don't have a wad folder on my SD card from the install process. Am I supposed to just copy the whole folder to the sd card so that it THEN has a wad folder or am i somehow missing that folder?

    I have backups running thru the usbconfig that was already on the wii channel from the initial mod and they work fine (so far) and that was just with copying the wad folder over... was that right then?

    Thanks in advance - this is an amazing site and you all do an awesome job...thanks for all the work and the amazing support you provide...!!
    Yes, you are making it harder on yourself, but at least you are reading and thinking. From scratch, you can create a folder and just name it Wad and then copy the needed .wad file(s) to that folder or copy the whole darn thing over if you want. Nothing magical about the Wad folder.

  2. #2522
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen3SF View Post
    Yes, you are making it harder on yourself, but at least you are reading and thinking. From scratch, you can create a folder and just name it Wad and then copy the needed .wad file(s) to that folder or copy the whole darn thing over if you want. Nothing magical about the Wad folder.
    Awesome. Thanks again!!

  3. #2523
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    missing games in usb loader gx

    I need help....my 7 years old daughter was playing and changed some setting and suddenly 47 games was missing leaving 3 games only.

    any idea what might happened?

  4. #2524
    Senior Member Cile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,071
    Thanks
    666
    Thanked 2,303 Times in 1,226 Posts
    Blog Entries
    9
    if your using gx click on the star button on the top she probably hit favourites

  5. #2525
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    115
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Us

    hey has any one try this Enclosure it a Gigaware® 3.5" IDE Hard Drive Enclosure with a 250gb drive with a 4.2u wii thanks

  6. #2526
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    160
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by virgil79 View Post
    hey has any one try this Enclosure it a Gigaware® 3.5" IDE Hard Drive Enclosure with a 250gb drive with a 4.2u wii thanks

    USB Devices Compatibility List - WikiTemp

  7. #2527
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cile View Post
    if your using gx click on the star button on the top she probably hit favourites
    Thanks! that solve the problem....however everytime I open usb loader gx the star button is on....how can I set to show non favorite games?

  8. #2528
    Senior Member
    Legendary
    EMPRESS of ALL
    Retired Head Admin

    Do NOT PM for Site or Wii Issues
    Gen3SF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,036
    Thanks
    434
    Thanked 4,658 Times in 2,237 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    This guide is to setup the HDD and specific questions about USB Loader GX are off-topic. A quick one-off is okay, but best to look for and use the USB Loader installation and settings guide by WiiJohn-a link is provided in the guide. WiiJohn also posted the same info as a Blog HERE.

    Basically, the view setting should remain at the last view and as it is stuck on Favorites after you changed it back to List view, the configuration file is not being rewritten. Find and delete the configuration file ( GXGlobal.cfg) and it will rewrite itself when you next start up USB Loader GX.

  9. #2529
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have problems with my HDD It is an 80GB Toshiba from Dell latpop (MK8051GSY) putted into some noname usb 2.0 enclosure (ST9320423AS). HDD works flaweslly under windws 7, I have moved all my games into wbfs folder using Game manager, I have checked through system disk management - there is one NTFS 75GB partition which is active and primary. When pluged into Wii, the light on the hdd lights up, but I get error booting the device in usb loader or wad manager (error ret -1). When using some usb flash memory - both programs are working fine. Any clues what can I do?

  10. #2530
    Senior Member Krank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,895
    Thanks
    953
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by apa-sf View Post
    I have problems with my HDD It is an 80GB Toshiba from Dell latpop (MK8051GSY) putted into some noname usb 2.0 enclosure (ST9320423AS). HDD works flaweslly under windws 7, I have moved all my games into wbfs folder using Game manager, I have checked through system disk management - there is one NTFS 75GB partition which is active and primary. When pluged into Wii, the light on the hdd lights up, but I get error booting the device in usb loader or wad manager (error ret -1). When using some usb flash memory - both programs are working fine. Any clues what can I do?
    The enclosure or HDD is not compatible. You will need to check the compatibly lists and get another one or use the flash drive. You could also try formatting to WBFS or FAT32 rather then NTFS (probably won't help).
    Damn I suck!!!!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •