Page 251 of 292 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 2912

Thread: Loading and Playing Wii Backup Games from USB HDD (softmod only)

  1. #2501
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hello,

    pretty new to this but i've done a lot of reading, however i'm still having trouble.

    I have everything setup exactly as the first post.

    Using an external lacie 500 gb HDD that i checked on the compatible list.
    Dskchk and repaired errors. (this was a used HDD)
    Removed partition / volume without formating.
    and then formated using WBFS manager.

    When I boot up usb loader or wiiflow it takes a bit for it to load and then tells me that I need to plug the USB in port 0 (the furthest port out) which is what I did. So far everything I've tried hasn't worked. I've double checked the USB plug making sure its securely fastened. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Anyone have any ideas or fixes?

  2. #2502
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My process seems stuck at init wbfs during the usb loader startup I got a 0 beside reloading ios 249. Anyone be of any help before my kids destroy the games

  3. #2503
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Just like Dannyaml, Im new to this and want to be100% sure im doing this right. In your turorial on the WBFS formatting drive the image you show is to Format the drive then load the iso file...

    My question is i on ly have to Format the drive ONE TIME ONLY correct.

  4. #2504
    Senior Member
    Legendary
    EMPRESS of ALL
    Retired Head Admin

    Do NOT PM for Site or Wii Issues
    Gen3SF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,036
    Thanks
    434
    Thanked 4,658 Times in 2,237 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyaml View Post
    hello,

    pretty new to this but i've done a lot of reading, however i'm still having trouble.

    I have everything setup exactly as the first post.

    Using an external lacie 500 gb HDD that i checked on the compatible list.
    Dskchk and repaired errors. (this was a used HDD)
    Removed partition / volume without formating.
    and then formated using WBFS manager.

    When I boot up usb loader or wiiflow it takes a bit for it to load and then tells me that I need to plug the USB in port 0 (the furthest port out) which is what I did. So far everything I've tried hasn't worked. I've double checked the USB plug making sure its securely fastened. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Anyone have any ideas or fixes?
    You mentioned you removed the partition after running checkdisk, but did not reformat your HDD before trying to format the drive as WBFS. Sometimes, depending on the initial formatting, WBFS format doesn't take. Why don;t you reformat that partition as FAT32 and then use WBFS Mgr to format as WBFS. Let's see where that gets us. Good luck on that.

  5. #2505
    Senior Member
    Legendary
    EMPRESS of ALL
    Retired Head Admin

    Do NOT PM for Site or Wii Issues
    Gen3SF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,036
    Thanks
    434
    Thanked 4,658 Times in 2,237 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by bagofhammers View Post
    My process seems stuck at init wbfs during the usb loader startup I got a 0 beside reloading ios 249. Anyone be of any help before my kids destroy the games
    I recently went through this with a fellow member (georgestryker) in Post # 2476. Give those procedures a try and let me know the results. In the case of the last member, it was his hard drive, but I like to go through the other possibilities first; trying to get the HDD you already have to work before having to spend money and get another.

  6. #2506
    Senior Member
    Legendary
    EMPRESS of ALL
    Retired Head Admin

    Do NOT PM for Site or Wii Issues
    Gen3SF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,036
    Thanks
    434
    Thanked 4,658 Times in 2,237 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkauf55 View Post
    Just like Dannyaml, Im new to this and want to be100% sure im doing this right. In your turorial on the WBFS formatting drive the image you show is to Format the drive then load the iso file...

    My question is i on ly have to Format the drive ONE TIME ONLY correct.
    Yes, you are correct. One needs only to format the partition once and if all went well that's it. Should work just like any other type of disk formatting; the only difference is that WBFS format is not a format recognized by the PC.

  7. #2507
    Senior Member
    Legendary
    EMPRESS of ALL
    Retired Head Admin

    Do NOT PM for Site or Wii Issues
    Gen3SF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,036
    Thanks
    434
    Thanked 4,658 Times in 2,237 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearjing View Post
    Thanks for the advice, I'll try that out.

    EDIT: well i tried that but it was still slow (but if the eta was correct it was at least only 2-3 hours this time). So then i just took the hdd out of the enclosure and plugged it in a sata port. WBFS manager still took forever and then i retried the fat32 way. For a min it worked fine and got to 3% pretty fast. But just as soon as i got my hopes up it crashed back down to 0.25MB/s (was at 40+MB/s before).

    Maybe the hdd is just bad? It is a 5+ year old hdd. But if it helps it is a WD2500YD Western Digital Caviar
    If the FAT32 formatted HDD seems to work better, then use the link in this guide to the FAT32 formatting guide and make sure your Wii has everything installed to optimally run a FAT32-formatted HDD. Once everything is set up to optimally run that FAT32 HDD, if the transfer speed is still 3 hours or so, it's probably the drive/enclosure combination is giving you a problem-I don't have that many damaged disks where I have to install from an iso file, but my recollection is that the installation takes no more than 15-20 minutes. If you have any other questions, then ask in that thread. Hope you get your setup working better.

  8. #2508
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I have a similar problem..

    My Wii was doing the exact same thing, where it would say that I was not using the correct USB port. However, i WAS able to have USB loader work for me once before, but now its not working and giving me that same message (I've also tried switching the USB port from the bottom to the top on the wii, as well as chosen a different cios going from 249 to 222 ). I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong being that I havent changed any configs to the SD card nor to the HDD. Any suggestions...

  9. #2509
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So at formatting your HDD, step 3, when I right click my drive there is no option to delete either the entire volume or a partition. There is an option to delete partition but it is grayed out and I cant click it. The only other choices are format, change drive letter and paths, properties, help, open, and explore. I have xp. what option should I choose or how do I make the delete parition option selectable? I've been trying to get this working for weeks but due to my inaptitude have not succeeded.

    Oh, and just making sure im at the right guide, I'm only using an 8 gb jumpdrive, and am at wii 4.2

  10. #2510
    Senior Member
    Legendary
    EMPRESS of ALL
    Retired Head Admin

    Do NOT PM for Site or Wii Issues
    Gen3SF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,036
    Thanks
    434
    Thanked 4,658 Times in 2,237 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by SmAsH.Bro View Post
    So at formatting your HDD, step 3, when I right click my drive there is no option to delete either the entire volume or a partition. There is an option to delete partition but it is grayed out and I cant click it. The only other choices are format, change drive letter and paths, properties, help, open, and explore. I have xp. what option should I choose or how do I make the delete parition option selectable? I've been trying to get this working for weeks but due to my inaptitude have not succeeded.

    Oh, and just making sure im at the right guide, I'm only using an 8 gb jumpdrive, and am at wii 4.2
    Did you read the section on flashdrives over the weeks you were working on your problem? If not, please take a look. Jump drives are seen by the PC OS as a removeable drive and, as such, are not allowed to be partitioned. For folks using large flash drives, I have identified two utility programs to try to set up 2 partitions. As your jumpdrive is only 8GB, most members elect to use all of the memory for the 2 or 3 Wii games that can fit on that size drive. You can elect to either format the entire drive as FAT32 and either follow the FAT32 guide also linked in this guide or then go on to use WBFS Manager to reformat over the FAT32 as WBFS and continue on with this guide.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •