Page 111 of 292 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 2912

Thread: Loading and Playing Wii Backup Games from USB HDD (softmod only)

  1. #1101
    Senior Member
    Legendary
    EMPRESS of ALL
    Retired Head Admin

    Do NOT PM for Site or Wii Issues
    Gen3SF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,036
    Thanks
    434
    Thanked 4,658 Times in 2,237 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by missp26 View Post
    Hey Guys,

    I have partitioned and formatted my HDD and had ripped New super mario game onto it for my son but when you go to play the game it comes up saying either error #002 or if you try again it comes up saying code dump and system dump i think? What am i doing wrong in trying to get the game to play? Im willing to give anything a go pretty much so thanks in advance to those who can shed some light on this for a motherly noob
    Have you already gone into the application menu setting to turn 002 fix to the ON position? Also, do you have all the right versions recommended in the NSMB game thread HERE?

  2. #1102
    Senior Member
    Legendary
    EMPRESS of ALL
    Retired Head Admin

    Do NOT PM for Site or Wii Issues
    Gen3SF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,036
    Thanks
    434
    Thanked 4,658 Times in 2,237 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by iplaywii View Post
    Here is what I am trying to do. The usb loader is showing in the channel and I can select it to load it but it just goes to a black screen and then resets to wii menu. I completed steps 1-6. I don't understand the 7th step. I can load games with neogamma but not with the usb loadger gx.

    +Installation+
    1. First thing to do is backup everything on your SD card to your computer, seeing as though this is the easiest way for installation.

    2. Unzip the required files to the root of the SD card, then go put it in the SD slot of your wii.

    3. Turn on your wii, and once it loads up, go to the homebrew channel.

    4. While in the homebrew channel, click to load the Wad Manager 1.4

    5. Once the application loads up, choose IOS249 then select SD card installation. Once you do that choose to install "USB Loader GX-UNEO_Forwarder.wad" Once the installation is complete you can then press HOME on the wiimote to restart your wii.

    *By installing the previous wad file, you installed a forwarder channel for the USB Loader, that means when running the USB Loader you must have the SD card in the wii because it is running the application inadvertently from the homebrew channel*

    6. Once you have the Forwarder channel installed, go back into the homebrew channel. Once you are there click on the cIOS38rev14 installer. Press A and choose the network installation and make sure all the files install correctly. When finished, press HOME to reboot.

    7. After the wii resets, go back into the homebrew channel. Once you are there again choose to load cIOS36rev10 installer. Like before, press A and choose network installation. Make sure all files are installed correctly.

    After that, your USB Loader should be working! Sometimes you will get one that is password protected though, if so just enter ab121b as the password and you will be fine.
    My original response post to you remains as is. Whatever guide you are following does not make sense to me. Try what I suggested in my original response post and if that guide is a current one on this site, please let me know where it is so I can move it to the archive section. It does have you install a currently used IOS249 rev14 and then immediately replace it with an old IOS249rev10-IDK why.

    I presume you also made a conscious choice to install USB Loader GX in the forwarder configuration?-that does require that the .dol file be in the correct Apps folder and the SD in your slot. SD:\Apps\USBLoaderGX\boot.dol. If it is not in the correct location, running the forwarder will retrn you to the menu as it was unable to locate the USB loader application.

  3. #1103
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    I can load games from the HDD with GX just fine, but when I try to rip a game to the HDD with it a screen shows up with the progress bar at 100% complete and the system locks up. Any ideas with what is wrong?

    All of the iso files I put on the HDD from my computer with WBFS work fine.


    I made a small FAT partition on the drive also. Is this what I need to play Wiiware wads? I was under the impression that they needed to be run from FAT. How do I load them once they are on the FAT partition? With Neogamma?

  4. #1104
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Never mind on the first part, it just took a long time to rip the disk to the HDD and the progress screen is messed up. While I was typing the above I heard it make a noise in the other room and it had a finished message. I got the game to run successfully off the HDD.

    I still would like some advice to the second part of my question please.

  5. #1105
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gen3sf View Post
    Have you already gone into the application menu setting to turn 002 fix to the ON position? Also, do you have all the right versions recommended in the NSMB game thread HERE?
    thanks for that will try it now

  6. #1106
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hi, is there anyway i can use the same ext. hdd as a wii drive (for backups) but also with my PC for other backups?

  7. #1107
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Partition???

    Hey,

    Thanks for the top guide.

    I'm using a patriot 8GB USB pen and can't create a windows based FAT32 partition. The pen works fully formatted to WBFS when ripping games directly from the Wii but as it is I can't interface with my PC.

    Using the guide (and also windows "help" guide) it advises to right click in the free space of the designated drive but this does not give me the option to create a partition. I've looked through the properties menus but no joy. Other drives are the same on my computer; windows help suggests that I require Administrators rights but this is a home PC not a networked.

    Any ideas?????

    Cheers, R

  8. #1108
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gen3sf View Post
    My original response post to you remains as is. Whatever guide you are following does not make sense to me. Try what I suggested in my original response post and if that guide is a current one on this site, please let me know where it is so I can move it to the archive section. It does have you install a currently used IOS249 rev14 and then immediately replace it with an old IOS249rev10-IDK why.

    I presume you also made a conscious choice to install USB Loader GX in the forwarder configuration?-that does require that the .dol file be in the correct Apps folder and the SD in your slot. SD:\Apps\USBLoaderGX\boot.dol. If it is not in the correct location, running the forwarder will retrn you to the menu as it was unable to locate the USB loader application.
    Thanks. All I needed was to have that file on the root apps folder, not in the usbloader apps folder. It's working now. Awesome. Thanks again

  9. #1109
    Senior Member
    Legendary
    EMPRESS of ALL
    Retired Head Admin

    Do NOT PM for Site or Wii Issues
    Gen3SF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,036
    Thanks
    434
    Thanked 4,658 Times in 2,237 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhetoric66 View Post
    Hey,

    Thanks for the top guide.

    I'm using a patriot 8GB USB pen and can't create a windows based FAT32 partition. The pen works fully formatted to WBFS when ripping games directly from the Wii but as it is I can't interface with my PC.

    Using the guide (and also windows "help" guide) it advises to right click in the free space of the designated drive but this does not give me the option to create a partition. I've looked through the properties menus but no joy. Other drives are the same on my computer; windows help suggests that I require Administrators rights but this is a home PC not a networked.

    Any ideas?????

    Cheers, R
    Check a few posts back, I think I mentioned something about the Lexar USB Format tool. What the problem is for you is that a removeable drive cannot be partitioned. If you want to pursue this, you need to flip the data bit that tells your OS that the drive is removeable-when that is changed, your dumb ol OS thinks the USB flash drive is a fixed drive and NOW you can partition it.

  10. 1 User Says Thank You Gen3SF For This Useful Post


  11. #1110
    Senior Member
    Legendary
    EMPRESS of ALL
    Retired Head Admin

    Do NOT PM for Site or Wii Issues
    Gen3SF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,036
    Thanks
    434
    Thanked 4,658 Times in 2,237 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkmoon View Post
    Never mind on the first part, it just took a long time to rip the disk to the HDD and the progress screen is messed up. While I was typing the above I heard it make a noise in the other room and it had a finished message. I got the game to run successfully off the HDD.

    I still would like some advice to the second part of my question please.
    Try this guide HERE to play your WiiWare from the USB partition.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •