I have no further advice to offer re cloning with WBFS, sorry.
Please remember your manners - say Thank You if someone helped , it doesn't hurt
hi, im just wondering if i can use this loader from the homebrew chanel i dont want to install it as a chanel in the main menu.
In English that means in the Apps folder you should have a folder named in a way you can identify it such as USB LoaderGCrevxxx or just Antony's USNLOaderGX if you like. Inside the named application folder should be the boot.dol file that HBC will run.
If you ever come across a homebrew app that is not named boot.dol example USBLoaderGX.dol, you just rename it as boot.dol. That's so HBC can see and display it for you. Some updates don;t come with the folders and renamed .dol files, Most of the time the people who make guides on this site take care of that for you.
I have the usb loader gx loaded and it shows up as a channel but when I click on it, it just resets to main menu again. I can load games through neogamma from hard drive but can't get usb loader gx to work. I did the install as described step 1 the loader wad, step 2 the cios rev 14 as network, but the 3rd step cios rev10 installer doesn't show any files on sd card under that folder. I can't do the 3rd step wich is I guess why it won't work. I am totally lost as to why it won't work.
Currently, the softmod guides on this site are using cIOS38rev17-try that or at least try cIOS38rev14. I think cIOS36rev10 is too old-that might be the problem. So, bottomline-either stick with the cIOS38rev14 installer or update to cIOS38rev17.
Waninkoko will be releasing a reportedly significantly revised and updated cIOS within a week-wait and see if it's stable and worthwhile. Don;t just install the latest-for today-go with either 14 or 17.
Here is what I am trying to do. The usb loader is showing in the channel and I can select it to load it but it just goes to a black screen and then resets to wii menu. I completed steps 1-6. I don't understand the 7th step. I can load games with neogamma but not with the usb loadger gx.
1. First thing to do is backup everything on your SD card to your computer, seeing as though this is the easiest way for installation.
2. Unzip the required files to the root of the SD card, then go put it in the SD slot of your wii.
3. Turn on your wii, and once it loads up, go to the homebrew channel.
4. While in the homebrew channel, click to load the Wad Manager 1.4
5. Once the application loads up, choose IOS249 then select SD card installation. Once you do that choose to install "USB Loader GX-UNEO_Forwarder.wad" Once the installation is complete you can then press HOME on the wiimote to restart your wii.
*By installing the previous wad file, you installed a forwarder channel for the USB Loader, that means when running the USB Loader you must have the SD card in the wii because it is running the application inadvertently from the homebrew channel*
6. Once you have the Forwarder channel installed, go back into the homebrew channel. Once you are there click on the cIOS38rev14 installer. Press A and choose the network installation and make sure all the files install correctly. When finished, press HOME to reboot.
7. After the wii resets, go back into the homebrew channel. Once you are there again choose to load cIOS36rev10 installer. Like before, press A and choose network installation. Make sure all files are installed correctly.
After that, your USB Loader should be working! Sometimes you will get one that is password protected though, if so just enter ab121b as the password and you will be fine.
I have partitioned and formatted my HDD and had ripped New super mario game onto it for my son but when you go to play the game it comes up saying either error #002 or if you try again it comes up saying code dump and system dump i think? What am i doing wrong in trying to get the game to play? Im willing to give anything a go pretty much so thanks in advance to those who can shed some light on this for a motherly noob