Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 226

Thread: USB Loader GX Settings

  1. #31
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tealc View Post
    The loader goes on your SD card like all other apps. If you have a channel for your loader you install as with all other channels by using wad manager.

    The best is down to personal preference. Try a few and see which you like. USB loader GX, coverfloader, wiiflow to name but a few options.
    I have done the softmod from this site so all i need to do is install the gx wad file is that correct, if i place these files on my hard drive fat32 partition my hard drive will have to stay connected to the wii if i use the USB Loader GX-ULNR-r815.wad channel,

  2. #32
    Senior Member WiiJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,953
    Thanks
    183
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 1,205 Posts
    Blog Entries
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by shane123456 View Post
    I have done the softmod from this site so all i need to do is install the gx wad file is that correct, if i place these files on my hard drive fat32 partition my hard drive will have to stay connected to the wii if i use the USB Loader GX-ULNR-r815.wad channel,
    Once you have installed the wad you will get the channel on your Wii Main menu.

    Plus - You can use without an SD card or a second partition at you USB HDD
    It starts around a second faster
    update also works for channels
    Minus - It takes about 1.8 MB more space at the Wii Memory that the forwarder does.
    If you use it without an SD (or a second partition at you USB HDD) you can't save your settings, you don't
    have covers and disk images and you can't use cheats (ocarina)
    You don't have the cool loading screen

  3. #33
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiJohn View Post
    Once you have installed the wad you will get the channel on your Wii Main menu.

    Plus - You can use without an SD card or a second partition at you USB HDD
    It starts around a second faster
    update also works for channels
    Minus - It takes about 1.8 MB more space at the Wii Memory that the forwarder does.
    If you use it without an SD (or a second partition at you USB HDD) you can't save your settings, you don't
    have covers and disk images and you can't use cheats (ocarina)
    You don't have the cool loading screen
    do i set my hard drive up like this,

    fat32 (primary) for gx loader wad
    wbfs (primary) and active

    And then i will keep my hdd connected all the time

  4. #34
    Senior Member WiiJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,953
    Thanks
    183
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 1,205 Posts
    Blog Entries
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by shane123456 View Post
    do i set my hard drive up like this,

    fat32 (primary) for gx loader wad
    wbfs (primary) and active

    And then i will keep my hdd connected all the time
    No. The wad goes in SD\wad, install with wad manager.
    HDD wbfs (primary) and active
    You can have another partition for ISO's or covers and images if you want,
    but not required.

  5. #35
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiJohn View Post
    No. The wad goes in SD\wad, install with wad manager.
    HDD wbfs (primary) and active
    You can have another partition for ISO's or covers and images if you want,
    but not required.
    so i put just the gx loader wad in the wad file that is already on sd card from softmon that i did, i thought i could do this from harddrive and ten keep it connected instesd of using sd card, when setting up a fat32 partition should it be set to primary or logical

  6. #36
    Senior Member WiiJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,953
    Thanks
    183
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 1,205 Posts
    Blog Entries
    11
    All partitions should be primary

  7. #37
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiJohn View Post
    All partitions should be primary
    I have all the files from my sftmod on sd card still,can i delete them and put all these new file on there that come with gx loader wad,or should i just put the gx wad file in the wad file that is already on sd card from soft mod.what files do i need to keep on sd card after i have done this,or can i wipe the card clean and keep it in the wii for the other things to work. what should be the fist partition fat32 or wbfs Thanks for you help
    Last edited by shane123456; 11-17-2009 at 12:30 PM.

  8. #38
    Senior Member WiiJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,953
    Thanks
    183
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 1,205 Posts
    Blog Entries
    11
    Instead of me giving you a private tutorial, read this excellent guide by, gen3sf

    http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...s-usb-hdd.html

  9. #39
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiJohn View Post
    Instead of me giving you a private tutorial, read this excellent guide by, gen3sf

    http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...s-usb-hdd.html
    I have read that guide but is do not explain how to install the gx loader

  10. #40
    Senior Member WiiJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,953
    Thanks
    183
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 1,205 Posts
    Blog Entries
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by shane123456 View Post
    I have read that guide but is do not explain how to install the gx loader
    The three different options for installing are on page one of this post.
    If you are still stuck try the GX site, FAQ (USB Loader GX)

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •