Page 92 of 436 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast
Results 911 to 920 of 4359

Thread: Softmod for ANY 4.2 Wii!

  1. #911
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSonic2 View Post
    Step 2 - Restoring The Bug Into IOS36

    a) Load and Homebrew Channel and run DOP-IOS MOD, on the IOS Selection Screen, press down on the d-pad then A on the wiimote. You should now be in the trucha bug restorer portion of DOP-IOS MOD. Load IOS36 and select Downgrade IOS15. Each time it asks, select 'Download From NUS'
    Make sure you get no errors. If Loading IOS36 doesn't work for this step, press B for no IOS reload when asked to load IOS.


    b) Run DOP-IOS MOD again, on the IOS Selection Screen, press down on the d-pad and press A. Load IOS15 and choose IOS36 Menu. Make sure to install the patched IOS36 with all these patches selected:
    Install IOS to slot (36)
    Hash Check (trucha) Yes
    ES_Identify Yes
    NAND Permissions Yes

    Then Press A on Install Patched IOS36. Again, everytime it asks, choose 'Download from NUS'


    c) Re-run DOP-IOS MOD one more time, on the IOS Selection screen, press down on the d-pad and then A on the wiimote. Press B for 'No IOS Reload' and select Restore IOS15. Each time it asks, select 'Download from NUS'

    Once done, return to homebrew channel and continue the tutorial
    I passed through step 2-A all OK and in step 2-B when select Download from NUS it says initializing network and a little after shows an error like it can't initialize network and I wonder what is going on because in 2-A was all fine...
    any guess?
    thanks

    HAVE A LOOK http://i48.tinypic.com/a9fyu.jpg

  2. #912
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ran through step by step without issue until step 7 and priiloader. It loaded without errors but it did not reboot or give me the option to select anything else. I continued on an finished off step 8.

    Should I be concerned? Anything I should be aware of or should do?

  3. #913
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by censurado View Post
    I passed through step 2-A all OK and in step 2-B when select Download from NUS it says initializing network and a little after shows an error like it can't initialize network and I wonder what is going on because in 2-A was all fine...
    any guess?
    thanks
    Sounds like a (possibly temporary) problem with your wireless connection. Also, make sure that WiiConnect24 is turned off. Mine did fine with WC24 turned on, but standby connection turned off.

    Just a thought...

  4. #914
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waffletower View Post
    Sounds like a (possibly temporary) problem with your wireless connection. Also, make sure that WiiConnect24 is turned off. Mine did fine with WC24 turned on, but standby connection turned off.

    Just a thought...
    Thans for your reply. I tried several times step 2-A and 2-B, just realized that error only occurs with 2-B for a reason I would love to know :S
    By the way following other guides I had to download something I cant remember and it did all ok
    Last edited by censurado; 01-20-2010 at 06:47 PM.

  5. #915
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by censurado View Post
    Thans for your reply. I tried several times step 2-A and 2-B, just realized that error only occurs with 2-B for a reason I would love to know :S
    By the way following other guides I had to download something I cant remember and it did all ok
    I'm having the same exact issue as you. 2-A works like a charm, but 2-B gives me a network error. Any help would be much appreciated.

  6. #916
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    same error for me too

    Initializing network....done
    Loading certs...
    Loading TMD...
    tcp_connect timeout
    Error making http request
    Loading tmd failed, ret = 4294967295
    Error reading IOS into memory
    IOS36 installation failed


    I wonder if we can find IOS36 rev 3351 elsewhere to get past this issue. I am assuming NUS is Nintendo Update Server....and it appears I can't connect to it anymore.
    Last edited by Kurto2021; 01-20-2010 at 08:52 PM.

  7. #917
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The mediafire file has a password on it :[

    EDIT: Ah noob me, didn't read the first post good enough xD
    Last edited by Dawngaward; 01-20-2010 at 11:19 PM.

  8. #918
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    awesome guide. Works great!!! Thanks

  9. #919
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Awesome tutorial. Had no luck with messi's tut, tried this, went smooth as silk. I think. I don't know if there is any way to tell besides gaming? No errors during the process.
    However I can't get PAL iso's to work on my WD-HDD or dvd-r or dvd+r, but ntsc iso's work on the hdd like a charm! So I guess that means the install worked? I have tried playing around with some settings to force ntsc, and various others... what happens is when I use neogamma to play a disc it freezes after I click load dvd. Then I can only pull the plug out and power up again. If I use usb gx channel or neogamma to load the iso it freezes as well. After I played with some video settings, now I get a green screen that freezes. But ntsc works. I'm at 4.2u.
    * There is a 75% chance the chipset is GC2-D2E and covered in black glue.
    * And there is also a 25% chance the chipset is GC2-D2E

  10. #920
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurto2021 View Post
    same error for me too

    Initializing network....done
    Loading certs...
    Loading TMD...
    tcp_connect timeout
    Error making http request
    Loading tmd failed, ret = 4294967295
    Error reading IOS into memory
    IOS36 installation failed


    I wonder if we can find IOS36 rev 3351 elsewhere to get past this issue. I am assuming NUS is Nintendo Update Server....and it appears I can't connect to it anymore.
    I followed this tutorial: We Hack Wii / USB Loader - which includes the IOS files needed and has you do all the loads from SD card instead of NUS. But I'm having problems with that too.

    I think it's because I started the process with this tutorial and then tried to finish it with that one. Maybe not. But when I try to load it from the SD card on part 2_B, it says "file not found" even though it's on the card.

    So I'm completely stuck now. Wondering if there's a way to start this whole process over? It seems to me that with this particular tutorial (as opposed to messie's), that starting over isn't necessary because it's all done through dop-IOS.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •