Page 49 of 436 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 4359

Thread: Softmod for ANY 4.2 Wii!

  1. #481
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    failed to mention

    Wow I feel stupid. I had to downgrade to Iso15, then I had to run homebrew, back to Launch Bootmii, then I had to press left until it highlighted Iso15, then I could carry on with the last portion of Part B with Step 2.

    >_< Will continue to post any future problems until this is done.

    I think the guide should become dummy proof. I feel like a Jackhole.
    Last edited by GPX_000; 12-28-2009 at 12:08 PM.

  2. #482
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    tried making a txt file with another program, went to system menu hacks, and I got:
    couldn't find any hacks for system menu version: v481

  3. #483
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saucy1360 View Post
    i mean if you can give me just a step by step tutorial on how to do it/what to do, i might be able to do it. but i'll just find a notepad for mac if its easier.
    Oh my.. There's also the Scite editor but it looks complicated to install.

    So... Try nano first. Open the terminal app and enter "nano hacks.ini" at the prompt. If you have it, you'll see a window with a blinking cursor and a menu at the bottom. You can then paste the hacks.ini stuff into the window, do a Ctrl-O to write it to disk and a Ctrl-X to get out. The file should be located in the finder under your home directory.

    If you don't have nano, do a "emacs hacks.ini" at the terminal prompt. Paste the stuff into the window. Hold down the Ctrl-key and type x, then s to save.

    Ooops then hold down Ctrl and hit x then q to quit..
    Last edited by zhando; 12-28-2009 at 12:23 PM.

  4. #484
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Us Step 5

    Step 5 - Install and Patch A Few More IOS

    a) Load up homebrew, then load up DOP-IOS MOD (not from bootmii) Load IOS36 or IOS249, browse for the IOS, Navigate to IOS53, press A to install and say yes for Sig Hash Check (Trucha Bug). Do the same for IOS55 and IOS70. Next press home to return to homebrew channel.

    ===

    When I press left or right to select, "Which Iso would you like to use to install other ISOs," - I select Iso36 and press A, correct?

  5. #485
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Thanks

    Noobie here and this tutorial was able to help me mod my wii 4.2 successfully, combined with a couple other tuts on the site, i am running games off my hdd usb as we speak. Thanks guys.

  6. #486
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    got the menu back...but now when playing says plug nunchuck and its plugged and wiimote has problem moving left and right

  7. #487
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zhando View Post
    Oh my.. There's also the Scite editor but it looks complicated to install.

    So... Try nano first. Open the terminal app and enter "nano hacks.ini" at the prompt. If you have it, you'll see a window with a blinking cursor and a menu at the bottom. You can then paste the hacks.ini stuff into the window, do a Ctrl-O to write it to disk and a Ctrl-X to get out. The file should be located in the finder under your home directory.

    If you don't have nano, do a "emacs hacks.ini" at the terminal prompt. Paste the stuff into the window. Hold down the Ctrl-key and type x, then s to save.
    i think i did that right... and it didn't work.

  8. #488
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Misreading Step 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by riverfieldparty View Post
    Noobie here and this tutorial was able to help me mod my wii 4.2 successfully, combined with a couple other tuts on the site, i am running games off my hdd usb as we speak. Thanks guys.
    Good job! Hopefully I can catch up. I'm dealing with a Initailizing Network issue at the moment.

    If I select Iso 36 to begin step 5 (Dop-Iso MOD v9), and select isos, then browse for the iso I want to dop - when I select Iso53, it refuses to load. - BUT - When I select Iso 249 to begin Step 5, select isos, then browse for the Iso I want to dop (Iso53) it turns the screen completely mixed with illegible white txt in two large paragraphs. I'm having to unplug the system and run through Step Five again

    - Am I misreading Step 5, cause I know I'm an R-Tard.

  9. #489
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saucy1360 View Post
    i think i did that right... and it didn't work.
    tried again.. no luck. anything else i can try? i'm still getting that "no hacks found for system menu version: v481" prompt.

    edit: tried AGAIN with another program.. back to the blank white screen.
    Last edited by saucy1360; 12-28-2009 at 12:37 PM.

  10. #490
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Us Step 5 - Initializing Network failed,

    It states it needs a network to download the Iso.
    Is it simply not connecting to the internet?
    What now?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •