Page 396 of 436 FirstFirst ... 296346386394395396397398406 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,960 of 4359

Thread: Softmod for ANY 4.2 Wii!

  1. #3951
    New Member black94850's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    san antonio
    Posts
    287
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 37 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ashpot View Post
    I followed this guide and now my Wii runs the ISO's i created from my game discs - from a USB hard-drive, so thanks for the excellent step-by-step guide. Its so great not needing to mess about with discs anymore.
    Now, I would like my Wii to go straight to USB loader GX when I switch it on, and also after I exit a game. Is this possible and how do I do it.

    I have tried downloading the USB loader GX r938.dol and renaming it boot.dol but when I put that onto my SD card Priiloader 0.6 won't start and so I cannot use Priiloader to make this happen.

    What am I doing wrong?
    Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks
    if im not mistaking, you should not have to rename the .dol file for priiloader. if you place it in sd:\, priiloader should recognize it no problem under the 'load file' setting. furthermore, adding a .dol to your SD card should not stop priiloader from working. are you still able to boot into priiloader by holding the reset button while the wii is powering up? there is an option to have your wii boot up to a specific program. i have mine set to boot to usb loader GX r938 with no issues at all.
    Black 1994 volvo 850 non-turbo, bilstien front/rear struts, IDP lowering springs - my daily
    ==========
    4.1u softmodded, 320gb WD external drive, running smoothly thanks to mauifrog
    ==========
    AMD phenom II x4 processor, black edition, 32gb ddr3 pc10666, 128gig SSD + 2tb WD internal hard drive, nvidia gforce GTX 560Ti, 2gb sc edition, 24" AOC LED + LG 24" LED
    ==========
    <<--------------------------------------- IF you found my post helpful, click the thank button over here!

  2. #3952
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    dvd identify failed

    I followed this great tutorial a while back because our Wii had so many different channels that I wanted to restart. Games seemed to work fine but I noticed that a lot of older games that we backed up 1 year or so ago don't work anymore. We also used to have another channel besides Neogamma that is not there anymore, can't remember the name. The only thing that changed since following this tutorial is that the kids have bought themselves a Wii balance board and Wii fit. The firmware of the Wii is 4.2E and I don't think something has updated since they got it.

    The error I get after starting Neogamma is:
    Launching game...
    Game ID...
    and then after a while it will say error:dvd identify failed

    I am not sure but it looks like this mostly happens to games that have "decrypted after the fame ID number/letters

    The Neogamma version is : Neogamma R9 beta6 rev17

    I hope somebody can tell me what is wrong and how to fix it, thanks !!!

  3. #3953
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,319
    Thanks
    1,805
    Thanked 4,250 Times in 3,574 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    "Awhile back." Hmm... registered a month ago. "Games we backed up a year ago." See where I'm going with this? Start here:

    Introduce Yourself

  4. #3954
    New Member black94850's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    san antonio
    Posts
    287
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 37 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle150573 View Post
    I followed this great tutorial a while back because our Wii had so many different channels that I wanted to restart. Games seemed to work fine but I noticed that a lot of older games that we backed up 1 year or so ago don't work anymore. We also used to have another channel besides Neogamma that is not there anymore, can't remember the name. The only thing that changed since following this tutorial is that the kids have bought themselves a Wii balance board and Wii fit. The firmware of the Wii is 4.2E and I don't think something has updated since they got it.

    The error I get after starting Neogamma is:
    Launching game...
    Game ID...
    and then after a while it will say error:dvd identify failed

    I am not sure but it looks like this mostly happens to games that have "decrypted after the fame ID number/letters

    The Neogamma version is : Neogamma R9 beta6 rev17

    I hope somebody can tell me what is wrong and how to fix it, thanks !!!
    there is a thread on here that deals with just about any error you will ever get. search around!
    Black 1994 volvo 850 non-turbo, bilstien front/rear struts, IDP lowering springs - my daily
    ==========
    4.1u softmodded, 320gb WD external drive, running smoothly thanks to mauifrog
    ==========
    AMD phenom II x4 processor, black edition, 32gb ddr3 pc10666, 128gig SSD + 2tb WD internal hard drive, nvidia gforce GTX 560Ti, 2gb sc edition, 24" AOC LED + LG 24" LED
    ==========
    <<--------------------------------------- IF you found my post helpful, click the thank button over here!

  5. #3955
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstah View Post
    "Awhile back." Hmm... registered a month ago. "Games we backed up a year ago." See where I'm going with this? Start here:

    Introduce Yourself
    Besides you are being right about not introducing myself yet, what is your point? I registered in December because I wanted to clean our wii and restart. I don't play on our Wii 24/7, so just because it's been a month since I even posted is maybe because I have other things to do besides playing on the Wii. And there are a lot of forums on the internet, maybe I used another forum when I first at least a year ago, softmodded our Wii.

  6. #3956
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Everything seems have to have gone ok so far but when i get to the bit that says Go to System Menu Hacks and enable 'Block Disc Updates' and any other hacks it just comes up with cant find hacks-hash.ini on FAT device and cant find hacks-hash.ini on NAND. I have tried a couple of downloads of the ini file from WiiHacks.com and also tried copy and pasting and still getting same problem.

  7. #3957
    New Member black94850's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    san antonio
    Posts
    287
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 37 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jenb2k2 View Post
    Everything seems have to have gone ok so far but when i get to the bit that says Go to System Menu Hacks and enable 'Block Disc Updates' and any other hacks it just comes up with cant find hacks-hash.ini on FAT device and cant find hacks-hash.ini on NAND. I have tried a couple of downloads of the ini file from WiiHacks.com and also tried copy and pasting and still getting same problem.

    im pretty sure it needs to be hacks_hash.ini (with an underscore like this _ )


    on the latest console ive modded, it had an underscore in it (i had renamed it hacks.ini and was surprised that i got an error)
    Black 1994 volvo 850 non-turbo, bilstien front/rear struts, IDP lowering springs - my daily
    ==========
    4.1u softmodded, 320gb WD external drive, running smoothly thanks to mauifrog
    ==========
    AMD phenom II x4 processor, black edition, 32gb ddr3 pc10666, 128gig SSD + 2tb WD internal hard drive, nvidia gforce GTX 560Ti, 2gb sc edition, 24" AOC LED + LG 24" LED
    ==========
    <<--------------------------------------- IF you found my post helpful, click the thank button over here!

  8. #3958
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Cookie Boy and others with the hack_hash.ini file error. I tried several things and then I got it to work I'm not sure which one did it honestly.
    1. I put every combination of hacks, hacks-hash, hacks_hash, etc...
    2. remember to put the folder containing the boot.dol file in the apps folder on the sd.
    3. Go into "settings" at the bottom of the menu before trying to go into the "system menu hacks" option and change the setting in there first.
    3a. change the "Use classic hacks.ini" to "on" (2nd from bottom on my 4.2U)

    Hope this helps I am still very new, have not actually got everything to work yet, but I did get past the hacks_hash.ini issue.

  9. #3959
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by black94850 View Post
    if im not mistaking, you should not have to rename the .dol file for priiloader. if you place it in sd:\, priiloader should recognize it no problem under the 'load file' setting. furthermore, adding a .dol to your SD card should not stop priiloader from working. are you still able to boot into priiloader by holding the reset button while the wii is powering up? there is an option to have your wii boot up to a specific program. i have mine set to boot to usb loader GX r938 with no issues at all.

    thanks for your reply. Priiloader does still run when i power on while holding reset, but only when I don't have a boot.dol file in the root of my SD card.
    if i leave r938.dol in root of SD, how do i get the screen that comes up when pressing the home button to allow me to go straight back to USB loader GX. And how do i do what you have set up - to power up straight to GX?
    thanks in advance for your reply.

  10. #3960
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi Guys, i am trying to follow this guide however i get stuck at Step 3, i have a 4.2e Wii and have transferred the the files onto the SD card but when im trying to run DOP-Mii, on the IOS Selection Screen, select 'Install An iOS w/ fakesign' it comes up with ES_AddTittleStart returned: -1035 can you please help with this?

    Cheers Phill

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •