Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 137

Thread: How To : Restore HomeBrew Channel on a wii with system menu 4.2

  1. #11
    New Member jonathanb9595's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    697
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 159 Times in 121 Posts
    Correct DING DING DING

    This time i made sure....





    I'm gonna help you

    Wiihacks IRC
    MK:1333-5496-0297
    Brawl: 2406-5287-1013

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I am wondering where do you get wad manager in .elf because all I can find is .dol. I just need that file to get the hbc restored so please help! thanks!

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    as i feel stupid here. i had alot of hard work in my wii.. wife had the day off and wanted to play with the wii.she couldnt get the shop channel to play, asked her to upgrade. so she did.. oh well. gotta love her. anyway.. i have the lego indiana game. used the exploit along with the info given on the web. only thing i could find was the bootmii it loads and does not work. i have found nothing but garbage to help get this back up and running.. so i came across this blog.. now as i read here. looks like bad english. i cant understand what this writer is stating.. can someone give better instructions about this please. ive tryed the way its writen and i get nothing... Help.. thanks

  4. #14
    JTW
    JTW is offline
    Junior Member JTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I am really confused on what to do after the hack occurs.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Legendary
    EMPRESS of ALL
    Retired Head Admin

    Do NOT PM for Site or Wii Issues
    Gen3SF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,036
    Thanks
    434
    Thanked 4,658 Times in 2,237 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinbradhancock View Post
    I am wondering where do you get wad manager in .elf because all I can find is .dol. I just need that file to get the hbc restored so please help! thanks!
    Rename the Wad Manager boot.dol file to boot.elf and move from app folder to SD card Root.

  6. 1 User Says Thank You Gen3SF For This Useful Post


  7. #16
    Senior Member
    Legendary
    EMPRESS of ALL
    Retired Head Admin

    Do NOT PM for Site or Wii Issues
    Gen3SF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,036
    Thanks
    434
    Thanked 4,658 Times in 2,237 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by JTW View Post
    I am really confused on what to do after the hack occurs.
    If you were successful, you should have HBC running under sysmenu 4.2. From there, you should be able to reinstall the softmods programs you lost in the systmenu 4.2 update. When you reinstall your apps use IOS250 now.

  8. #17
    Senior Member
    Legendary
    EMPRESS of ALL
    Retired Head Admin

    Do NOT PM for Site or Wii Issues
    Gen3SF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,036
    Thanks
    434
    Thanked 4,658 Times in 2,237 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhaulers View Post
    as i feel stupid here. i had alot of hard work in my wii.. wife had the day off and wanted to play with the wii.she couldnt get the shop channel to play, asked her to upgrade. so she did.. oh well. gotta love her. anyway.. i have the lego indiana game. used the exploit along with the info given on the web. only thing i could find was the bootmii it loads and does not work. i have found nothing but garbage to help get this back up and running.. so i came across this blog.. now as i read here. looks like bad english. i cant understand what this writer is stating.. can someone give better instructions about this please. ive tryed the way its writen and i get nothing... Help.. thanks
    The English in this tutorial is a bit off, please keep in mind technom8t and messie posted this after almost 12 hours of working on this problem and it was about 1:30AM and 3:30AM in their timezones, respectively. The update to sysmenu 4.2 wiped out all the cIOS, vulnerable IOSes used in softmodding, sysmenu 4.2 actively looks for HBC on startup and deletes it, and also removed bootmii. This Nintendo update takes direct aim at Homebrew and softmodding. Just as the Twilight exploit was removed, Bannerbomb has been removed in this update.

    I see you can run the Indiana Jones exploit. You need an SD card. Normally Wad manager resides in the App folder-take the boot.dol from the Wad manager folder and rename it boot.elf, place boot.elf into the Root Directory of the SD card. You will be installing a special wad version of the HBC (its ID has been rewritten to evade sysmenu 4.2 surveillance and deletion). Download the wad to your SD card and install as instructed. Choose IOS250 and SD card.
    Last edited by Gen3SF; 09-29-2009 at 08:06 PM.

  9. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    still didnt work for me.. i renamed the dol to elf played lego hack got black load screen and then error ?? cant find good elf file??

  10. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gen3sf View Post
    The English in this tutorial is a bit off, please keep in mind technom8t and messie posted this after almost 12 hours of working on this problem and it was about 1:30AM and 3:30AM in their timezones, respectively. The update to sysmenu 4.2 wiped out all the cIOS, vulnerable IOSes used in softmodding, sysmenu 4.2 actively looks for HBC on startup and deletes it, and also removed bootmii. This Nintendo update takes direct aim at Homebrew and softmodding. Just as the Twilight exploit was removed, Bannerbomb has been removed in this update.
    i didnt mean to down anyone about the typo's i guess just dont understand what he said. im still a little new at all this and could use some help .. sorry for any confusion here.. didnt mean to step on anyones toes..

  11. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm having trouble with smash stack, I followed the instructions but the wii freezes on the custom stage editor

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •