Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 395

Thread: Hermes cIOS v4 is out!

  1. #111
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    cios 222 installer v4 on 4.2u

    hi i am trying to install cios 222 but it fails and the end of prosses what am i doing wrong

  2. #112
    Junior Member Brownmanclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    First of all just want to inform that i am a noob. ( i have low understanding of the wii right now) so excuse me. I have a wii version 4.2U , with HBC , i got it on there previously using a file i downloaded--- file contained a private folder and boot.elf....

    so i can put EMUS and other stuff but i'd like to have channels for each of the games. WADS, dont really know much about them ,but i do know u need them to get channels for the games.

    I tried holytotemic's 4.2 wii hack post, wasnt succesful, i loaded the file and i installed HBC, as well ad DVDX but could not install Bootmii, there is no cios only ios, so i didnt want to mess with it. it says also that boot1 prevents boot2 from installing/working or something like that.


    Any tips , answers, solutions, would be appreciated alot

  3. #113
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Ca mixed success, 4.2

    I followed the instructions for the 4.2 variation (using 250 in place of 249) and here is my result:
    The installation ran fine both times and for the first instance of playing Rock Band 2 it worked beautifully.
    Subsequent loading attempts for the same game and other RB variants result in either a hanging black screen with an active HDD and an active wiimote but no fun; or a similar situation but with an inactive wiimote.
    This is 4.2U, using USB Loader Gx on IOS 222, all other settings default.
    Oddly, I just tried again, reset the default settings, saw it changed to IOS 223 so I set that to 222 and it's good to go.
    Will try again with other RB variations and report back if they fail only.

    Edit: After trying a few more times it is hit and miss, sometimes it works, sometimes it hangs, and sometimes it loads without instruments working. It is yet to load Lego RB at all, though these games all load under NeoGamma.
    Last edited by Nakedave; 01-09-2010 at 02:14 PM. Reason: new results

  4. #114
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,552
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownmanclown View Post
    First of all just want to inform that i am a noob. ( i have low understanding of the wii right now) so excuse me. I have a wii version 4.2U , with HBC , i got it on there previously using a file i downloaded--- file contained a private folder and boot.elf....

    so i can put EMUS and other stuff but i'd like to have channels for each of the games. WADS, dont really know much about them ,but i do know u need them to get channels for the games.

    I tried holytotemic's 4.2 wii hack post, wasnt succesful, i loaded the file and i installed HBC, as well ad DVDX but could not install Bootmii, there is no cios only ios, so i didnt want to mess with it. it says also that boot1 prevents boot2 from installing/working or something like that.


    Any tips , answers, solutions, would be appreciated alot
    What's all this to do with hermes cIOS installer?

  5. #115
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So are you able to play the games with neogamma or they just load? Ive only tried usb loader and im in the same boat as you except mine have never worked. black screen with the beatles, and with lego rock band i get the "metal" hand where im suppose to click on the disk image, but it never appears and i have to unplug the wii to get it unstuck. i was hoping this update was going to do it.

    edit: and i am running 4.2U with the latest usb loader and followed the directions on the first post.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedave View Post
    I followed the instructions for the 4.2 variation (using 250 in place of 249) and here is my result:
    The installation ran fine both times and for the first instance of playing Rock Band 2 it worked beautifully.
    Subsequent loading attempts for the same game and other RB variants result in either a hanging black screen with an active HDD and an active wiimote but no fun; or a similar situation but with an inactive wiimote.
    This is 4.2U, using USB Loader Gx on IOS 222, all other settings default.
    Oddly, I just tried again, reset the default settings, saw it changed to IOS 223 so I set that to 222 and it's good to go.
    Will try again with other RB variations and report back if they fail only.

    Edit: After trying a few more times it is hit and miss, sometimes it works, sometimes it hangs, and sometimes it loads without instruments working. It is yet to load Lego RB at all, though these games all load under NeoGamma.
    Last edited by c0mputernick; 01-09-2010 at 06:49 PM.

  6. #116
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,552
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by c0mputernick View Post
    So are you able to play the games with neogamma or they just load? Ive only tried usb loader and im in the same boat as you except mine have never worked. black screen with the beatles, and with lego rock band i get the "metal" hand where im suppose to click on the disk image, but it never appears and i have to unplug the wii to get it unstuck. i was hoping this update was going to do it.

    edit: and i am running 4.2U with the latest usb loader and followed the directions on the first post.
    IOS222 is not currently supported by NeoGamma, and when your Wii becomes unresponsive just hold in the power button for about 5 seconds and it will power down, no need to pull the power to it. Make sure you are using IOS222 to boot the game. IOS222 does not work automatically like other IOS's. You can set the global settings of you usb loader to make IOS222 the default IOS to boot games with or you can set each individual game to boot with IOS222 in the game settings.

  7. #117
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for the quick response.

    I tried what you said with Beatles, but the intro skips and stutters and eventually locks up. Tried it again and it didnt even get to the intro. Some times holding down the pwr button the wiimote works, most times it doesnt have i have to pull the plug. Seems when i use the pwr button on the wiimote the next time i go back into the usb loader it locks up at the "loading" screen for some reason and i have to pull the plug. With lego rock band i cant get to the settings page, When i click on it, i get the "metal" hand but the menu with "settings and back" and the spinning disk image doesnt appear. i cant still move the hand around, but can click on anything. Is this a glitch or did i screw something up some how? seems like the only game it does it on so far.

    I tried 222, 223, 249 and 250. all the options i had to load ios's. 222 got the furthest on the beatles.

    What would it hurt to set 222 to the default ios? would the other games that already work continue to work? like if they didnt need 222 would they automaticly load the ios they required?
    Im continuing to mess with it and see if i can get it working. the only problem is there are 1000 different ways on the net to do this, and it seems everyone of them does something different. I wish i had found your site first lol. luckily i was smart enough and read about it enough to not downgrade like a good portion of the tutorials out there say to do if you are on 4.2.
    another question i have is, does the wii already have all the ios files on it? do they come on the game disks or something? i noticed on another thread that they compiled a list of which games require what ios's to run. just wondering if i need to find those ios's or if i already have them.....

    thanks for the help.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stomp_442 View Post
    IOS222 is not currently supported by NeoGamma, and when your Wii becomes unresponsive just hold in the power button for about 5 seconds and it will power down, no need to pull the power to it. Make sure you are using IOS222 to boot the game. IOS222 does not work automatically like other IOS's. You can set the global settings of you usb loader to make IOS222 the default IOS to boot games with or you can set each individual game to boot with IOS222 in the game settings.

  8. #118
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    33
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    When doing this step

    Select to Install Custom IOS 222 and select IOS38 merged with IOS37

    I may have accidentally installed it using a different IOS than 249 (at the start where you have to choose an IOS and press A). Shall I just install it again using 249 or leave it? I don't know which number it installed to either, my brother told me he was pressing left and right randomly on that page not knowing things were changing.

  9. #119
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This guide looks very easy going. My drums should be arriving in couple days, does this work for the track packs also. Thank you for posting this guide. very helpful just hope it works with my usb loader gx version, 4.0 LU71 softmod wii

  10. #120
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,552
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanKent View Post
    When doing this step

    Select to Install Custom IOS 222 and select IOS38 merged with IOS37

    I may have accidentally installed it using a different IOS than 249 (at the start where you have to choose an IOS and press A). Shall I just install it again using 249 or leave it? I don't know which number it installed to either, my brother told me he was pressing left and right randomly on that page not knowing things were changing.
    Just reinstall the IOS222 as 38 merged with 37, you should be alright. Make sure to IOS249 to do the installing.

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This guide looks very easy going. My drums should be arriving in couple days, does this work for the track packs also. Thank you for posting this guide. very helpful just hope it works with my usb loader gx version, 4.0 LU71 softmod wii
    I haven't used drums yet, the only thing I have is 2 Guitar Hero guitars and a Guitar Hero mic, if a wiimote gets inserted into the drums then it should work since IOS222 is for making usb hardware more compatible, and for some reason it gets rid of the black screen on the newer GH games.
    Last edited by Stomp_442; 01-16-2010 at 03:29 PM.

  11. 1 User Says Thank You Stomp_442 For This Useful Post


Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •