Page 68 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
Results 671 to 680 of 787

Thread: All DLC unlocked in Rock Band 2!

  1. #671
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi guys,

    first of all, sorry for my not perfect English.

    I've read through the whole thread hoping I could find something useful about how to store all the DC on an external HDD.
    I found some useful information but every single hint ended somewhere in the nirvana of the internet. So I started excessivly using google and finally, I found a solution which worked for me:

    Using a HDD to emulate NAND, storing all the DLC in the emulated NAND

    I am using a PAL wii, PAL shop account, PAL RB2 and PAL DLC
    RawkSD patcher already used (patched IOS37)

    Create two partitions on your HDD, one with wbfs for your Backup-ISOs, the other one with FAT32 (use h2format to format it with fat32) - the fat32 partition will be your emulated NAND (I set it to ~50GB) and also uloader and other apps will be on this partition

    Download all the DLC to your PC, using the PC tools of http://www.wiihacks.com/homebrew/480...ls-rb2-gh.html:
    I personally used the very useful --- Startmenu ---.bat file to do this:
    Go through step 1 to 5

    Install the sZ"X"P - Rock Band 2 DLC Gen "Y" [PAL].wad -files created with the .batfile (located in "...\Rock Band 2 DLC Collection") (should also work with the NTSC-files) on your wii, using WAD-Manager

    Start RB2, download one song of every season to your wii

    Make a NAND-dump of your wii's nand (using bootmii), extract and copy it to your HDD.

    Install uloader 5.0 on the HDD (copy it to X:\apps\)
    Using uloader, in the options menu go to Save & DLC or something like that (my brother has gone to bed now, I'll update the exact menu-titles tomorrow),
    select save to USB ("/nand" should automatically show up below, it's uloaders default save path) => uloader will create a directory called "nand" on the HDD, including parts of the base-structure of the nand-dump.

    Copy your whole NAND-dump to the "/nand" directory (replace all if asked)

    Copy the .app files and the title.tmd file, located in your DLC-folders ("DLC_Gen_Y_sZXP"), to your HDD:
    (I personally made a backup of the old title.tmd-file but I think it's not necessary)
    I already tested season 1 which worked for me, so I think the rest should work as well.

    The paths on my NAND-backup are:
    Season 1:
    "X:\nand\title\00010005\735a4150\content"
    Season 2:
    "X:\nand\title\00010005\735a4250\content"
    Season 3:
    "X:\nand\title\00010005\735a4350\content"
    Season 4:
    "X:\nand\title\00010005\735a4450\content"

    - I don't know if the paths are the same on every wii, if not:
    to find the path you could use ShowMiiWads: start and go to options > Change NAND backup path - insert "X:\nand"; go to view > ShowMiiNand; scroll down and watch out for "SZAP/SZBP/SZCP/SZDP" (PAL Version) or "SZAE/SZBE/SZCE/SZDE" (NTSC) in the "Title ID"-tab. In the "Path"-tab you will see where you have to save the DLC on your nand-emu

    When done, start RB2 via uloader and be patient, RB2 will load very long as it has to load tons of songs now (with season 1 only installed, it took about 5 minutes for me) and enjoy RB2 with all songs

    I hope I didn't forget anything, tomorrow I'll read through my guide again and test the other seasons, hopefully it helps some people out there


    @trekster: I hope it's okay for you to post this in your thread, if not, it would be great if a mod could move my post into a new thread.
    Last edited by austria89; 04-06-2010 at 03:41 PM.

  2. #672
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    147
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 112 Times in 46 Posts
    austria89, wouldn't it be easier to use the NAND section of my menu instead of doing a bunch of steps manually?

    All you should have to do is use Simple FS Dumper Simple FS Dumper 0.41 - GBAtemp.net
    To get a minimal nand dump to use with emulation.

    Then go into the NAND section of my menu and run through the steps.

    It will copy all the app files into the correct folders ready to copy right over the emulated nand folder, including the tickets to unlock everything.

    Much easier.

  3. #673
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jtp10181 View Post
    austria89, wouldn't it be easier to use the NAND section of my menu instead of doing a bunch of steps manually?

    All you should have to do is use Simple FS Dumper Simple FS Dumper 0.41 - GBAtemp.net
    To get a minimal nand dump to use with emulation.

    Then go into the NAND section of my menu and run through the steps.

    It will copy all the app files into the correct folders ready to copy right over the emulated nand folder, including the tickets to unlock everything.

    Much easier.

    D'oh!

    Okay... so this is the manual way then

  4. #674
    New Member alkataz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I have used pc tools and followed all the stops from 1-7 but when I open Rockband DLC Manger there are no files listed. Can anyone explain this?

  5. #675
    New Member jimslade420's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    New Hendrix DLC Rock Band 2

    I'm sorry if this question is already in the thread somewhere but I went back 5 pages and figured no one has asked yet. I had all the DLC unlocked and then stopped playing for a few months (Modern Warfare 2 sucked me in) but I went back on today to get the new Hendrix DLC and it has a price next to it. Is there a way I can get this to come up as downloadable as well? Thanks in advance.

  6. #676
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    66
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 20 Times in 11 Posts
    I used the pc tools for downloading the rock band songs, and they worked fine except the 4th generation is missing the 6 newest songs. Oddly enough they are marked as purchased on the rock band music store also but cannot be downloaded. It's not myself or my wii because I can download any other song I choose.
    The missing tracks are:
    Anberlin – “Feel Good Drag”
    Hawk Nelson – “Live Life Loud”
    Skillet – “Monster”
    Superchick – “Stand in the Rain”
    Switchfoot – “Meant to Live”
    Thousand Foot Krutch – “Fire It Up”

    Which are the 4/6 DLC
    Last edited by badz2211; 04-09-2010 at 01:44 PM.

  7. #677
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    66
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 20 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jtp10181 View Post
    austria89, wouldn't it be easier to use the NAND section of my menu instead of doing a bunch of steps manually?

    All you should have to do is use Simple FS Dumper Simple FS Dumper 0.41 - GBAtemp.net
    To get a minimal nand dump to use with emulation.

    Then go into the NAND section of my menu and run through the steps.

    It will copy all the app files into the correct folders ready to copy right over the emulated nand folder, including the tickets to unlock everything.

    Much easier.
    Yeah I did pretty much what you said except I'm not sure what this copying a nand over is, I didn't do anything like that and my uloader works perfectly fine with the dlc on hd.
    I just formatted my drive with 2 partitions, tossed uloader on it and used the nand section of the rockband/gh pc tools and dumped the app/ticket files and dlc wads and tossed those to my hd and it works great

  8. #678
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    147
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 112 Times in 46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by badz2211 View Post
    I used the pc tools for downloading the rock band songs, and they worked fine except the 4th generation is missing the 6 newest songs. Oddly enough they are marked as purchased on the rock band music store also but cannot be downloaded. It's not myself or my wii because I can download any other song I choose.
    The missing tracks are:
    Anberlin – “Feel Good Drag”
    Hawk Nelson – “Live Life Loud”
    Skillet – “Monster”
    Superchick – “Stand in the Rain”
    Switchfoot – “Meant to Live”
    Thousand Foot Krutch – “Fire It Up”

    Which are the 4/6 DLC
    Use my newest tools pack, use the menu to update the TMD and the list.txt. Then you have to run the download, decrypt, and wadpacker again.

  9. #679
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    66
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 20 Times in 11 Posts
    I did use the newest tools, i didn't run wadpacker because it creats .bin's and cannot use .bins with uloader on nand. Anyhow I had a internet disconnect and figured no harm no foul and started the downloading again, it resumed which files where missing but for some reason skips downloading everything then. I did a directory clean up and I'm redownloading. I looked at the list.txt however, it does contain more songs now.

  10. #680
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    147
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 112 Times in 46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by badz2211 View Post
    I did use the newest tools, i didn't run wadpacker because it creats .bin's and cannot use .bins with uloader on nand. Anyhow I had a internet disconnect and figured no harm no foul and started the downloading again, it resumed which files where missing but for some reason skips downloading everything then. I did a directory clean up and I'm redownloading. I looked at the list.txt however, it does contain more songs now.
    You should not normally have to download everything over again. The download menu option only skips files that are there already, anything new would be downloaded. You just have to make sure you update the TMD first then the list file (the list is generated from the TMD). I should probably just combine those two menu options.

Page 68 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •