The only other functionality available is installing an ISO forwarder to your external hard drive which can be loaded from Wiiflow or USB Loader GX or another bakcup loader, but that still requires the actual WAD file be installed to the console. Keep in mind this all is directed specifically towards VC/Wiiware type WAD files.
"I think that the Wii is a beautiful piece of hardware, and a broken Wii is a tragedy. It doesn’t matter why or how." -- Bushing
Right. However you can install wads to an emulated NAND and play them using HDD. Triiforce does this. Or you can do it with an SD card and SNEEK.let me get this straight, currently there is no way to play wads directly from HDD
Other wads would be IOS .wads, system menu .wads, things like that.what other wads are there
Damn I suck!!!!
i need some help i have searched the forums and none of the answers work is there any boby that can help ke install wads i have 4.1 e with hbc installed but cant get any wads to install i hevetried downgrading and just about everything else reformatted cardand started again and so on can some one someone post a fix kids are driving me mad have games on usb hard drive have the correct wad for the loader and the correct cios i just cant get them installed please help
What error do you get? What Rev of cIOS249 do you have?
Damn I suck!!!!
Since nobody added WM 1.7 yet, here is waninkoko's link to Wad Manager 1.7
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
* Directory browsing support added.
* USB 2.0 Mass Storage Device support fixed.
* Autofix bad common key (with fakesigning).
* GUI modified (bigger console and new background).
* Background music added (OGG player).
* Miscellaneous fixes and improvements.
Here is the readme for WM 1.7, yes it is an official release from waninkoko.
| WAD Manager v1.7 |
| developed by Waninkoko |
| TeknoConsolas | Magazine sobre videojuegos. Análisis, trucos y guías de PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, PSP, DS y PC |
[ DISCLAIMER ]:
- THIS APPLICATION COMES WITH NO WARRANTY AT ALL, NEITHER EXPRESS NOR IMPLIED.
I DO NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE IN YOUR WII CONSOLE
BECAUSE OF A IMPROPER USAGE OF THIS SOFTWARE.
[ DESCRIPTION ]:
- WAD Manager is an application that allows the (un)installation of
packages in WAD format (homebrew and official packages).
It allows the browsing of a storage device to work with the
available WAD files in it.
[ SUPPORTED DEVICES ]:
- Internal SD slot (with SDHC support).
- USB device (1.1 and 2.0).
[ HOW TO USE ]:
1. Copy all the WAD packages in the storage device.
2. Insert the storage device in the Wii.
3. Run the application using any method to load homebrew.
4. Select the IOS version to use. IOS249 recommended (if available).
5. Select the storage device to use.
6. Browse the storage device contents and select the WAD package
[ NOTES ]:
- To use the NAND emulation is necessary to have a COMPLETE copy
of the NAND filesystem in the root of the FAT device.
[ KUDOS ]:
- Team Twiizers/devkitPRO
- All my betatesters.
Last edited by Stomp_442; 07-27-2010 at 07:10 PM.
Stomp whats new in 1.7? and is it beta/full version/stable?
Does anyone know where can I find T=the WM 1.7 forwarder channel? I have been searching but can't find one.
Me personally i don't like the 1.7 i like the 1.4 i made a wad of it with my own music so i have a channel now. I'm working on more channels like SNES, NES, SEGA channels just looking for some good music to put into them like baboo did with his he made.