Page 65 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 650 of 1154

Thread: Easy way to get cIOS on ANY 3.0-4.1 Wii!

  1. #641
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gen3sf View Post
    Your problems were twofold: the 3.4 no Trucha Bug status and more importantly the downgrade to 3.2 in a Wii that can't handle downgraded IOS's.

    Not knowing these things made it hard to tease out what was happening, especially thinking it was a 3.2Wii. What made it tougher is that your 3.4U Wii is one of the small % that did not have an immediate brick on downgrading, but of course was left in a precarious position. I guess you also have some of the preloader hacks working-quite remarkable; these are odd machines-they are not all alike.

    We have the facts now. Going forward, the official Nintendo update should overwrite your problem IOS's and then you can following either this tutorial or the Dogeggs softmod tutorial (how to softmod any wii 3.1-4.1). Depends on what you need. Just as well, 3.3 and 3.4 Wiis should be updated to 4.0/4.1 anyway.
    Maybe this should go in the other tutorial threads, but all the info regarding my Wii is right here so I guess I'll just ask.

    To clarify, I should run the official Nintendo update to overwrite my problem IOSs (this will put 4.1 on my system). Then I can follow Dogegg's softmod tutorial to reinstall HBC, bootMii, the IOSs, and preloader. After that I should be in a good state?

  2. #642
    Senior Member
    Legendary
    EMPRESS of ALL
    Retired Head Admin

    Do NOT PM for Site or Wii Issues
    Gen3SF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,036
    Thanks
    434
    Thanked 4,658 Times in 2,237 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by vestibule View Post
    Maybe this should go in the other tutorial threads, but all the info regarding my Wii is right here so I guess I'll just ask.

    To clarify, I should run the official Nintendo update to overwrite my problem IOSs (this will put 4.1 on my system). Then I can follow Dogegg's softmod tutorial to reinstall HBC, bootMii, the IOSs, and preloader. After that I should be in a good state?
    Yes, that's the plan and let me know when I should have all my fingers and toes crossed for you;-)

  3. #643
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Unhappy

    First off, let me say that this is a fantastic guide.

    That said, I'm having an issue when I get to step 5. Everything else is smooth as silk, but when I run cIOS38r14 installer, I get a ret= -1 error.

    I didn't see anything else on google/this forum that seemed to address this (though I could've missed something!) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  4. #644
    Senior Member
    Legendary
    EMPRESS of ALL
    Retired Head Admin

    Do NOT PM for Site or Wii Issues
    Gen3SF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,036
    Thanks
    434
    Thanked 4,658 Times in 2,237 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by kabukins View Post
    First off, let me say that this is a fantastic guide.

    That said, I'm having an issue when I get to step 5. Everything else is smooth as silk, but when I run cIOS38r14 installer, I get a ret= -1 error.

    I didn't see anything else on google/this forum that seemed to address this (though I could've missed something!) Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Error -1 usually means-can't find the file. This can be due to improperly formatted SD; the file is actually missing from the SD, or the file is bad either from a bad download or when the rar was extracted something went wrong there.

  5. 1 User Says Thank You Gen3SF For This Useful Post


  6. #645
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gen3sf View Post
    Error -1 usually means-can't find the file. This can be due to improperly formatted SD; the file is actually missing from the SD, or the file is bad either from a bad download or when the rar was extracted something went wrong there.
    Okay, I've tried more than one SD card with the same files so I don't think it's the format of the SD, I'll try re-downloading/unzipping the files tomorrow and see if they work.

    Thanks very much!

  7. #646
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You guys are awesome!! I have a 4.0U and this is the only method I could find to get a cIOS to succesfully load. Thanks a million!!!

  8. #647
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for the tutorial on this, followed the steps carefully but i get an error when trying to load a backed up game.

    My Wii is 4.1e and i use HB and Backup Loader Gammer 0.3. The tutorial must have worked as i used to get an error saying "no cIOS Installed" but now it doesnt, it looks to load but then shows a blue screen with ERROR#002. How can i fix this? Do i need to downgrade to 3.2e?

  9. #648
    Senior Member messie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,118
    Thanks
    68
    Thanked 7,151 Times in 1,065 Posts
    DO NOT DOWNGRADE YOUR WII ALL THOSE SAYING THAT ARE EITHER IGNORANTS OR OUTDATED POSTS!!!!!!!

    just install neogamma r7 channel and run through there, gamma 0.3 is old

  10. 1 User Says Thank You messie For This Useful Post


  11. #649
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Cios Install error

    hey guys i keep trying to install Cios38r14 andi i keeps seeing

    Installing Custom IOS
    Install Error ! ( Ret = -2011)
    any ideas what im doing wrong and how to fix??

  12. #650
    Retired WiiHacks Staff Tealc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sunny Wales, UK
    Posts
    7,152
    Thanks
    502
    Thanked 4,104 Times in 2,453 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Martel - Are you seriously asking that question in this thread? Try reading the tutorial.
    Not really doing much Wii stuff these days.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •