Page 64 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 640 of 1154

Thread: Easy way to get cIOS on ANY 3.0-4.1 Wii!

  1. #631
    Senior Member
    Legendary
    EMPRESS of ALL
    Retired Head Admin

    Do NOT PM for Site or Wii Issues
    Gen3SF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,036
    Thanks
    434
    Thanked 4,658 Times in 2,237 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by vestibule View Post
    Actually my Bootmii is not boot2 (my Wii doesn't support it), so I guess I should say thank goodness it's only resulting in semi-bricks.
    You say your Wii does not support installation of bootmii as boot2, but it's a 3.2UWii. Did you downgrade it during your softmods or is it a Korean Wii?

  2. #632
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gen3sf View Post
    You say your Wii does not support installation of bootmii as boot2, but it's a 3.2UWii. Did you downgrade it during your softmods or is it a Korean Wii?
    It was a 3.4U which I downgraded to 3.2U. Are you thinking something didn't go right with this process?

  3. #633
    Senior Member
    Legendary
    EMPRESS of ALL
    Retired Head Admin

    Do NOT PM for Site or Wii Issues
    Gen3SF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,036
    Thanks
    434
    Thanked 4,658 Times in 2,237 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by vestibule View Post
    It was a 3.4U which I downgraded to 3.2U. Are you thinking something didn't go right with this process?
    If it was purchased this year or has a serial number starting with LU64 or 65, it shouldn't be downgraded. Does this apply to you?

  4. #634
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gen3sf View Post
    If it was purchased this year or has a serial number starting with LU64 or 65, it shouldn't be downgraded. Does this apply to you?
    Yes, it was purchased earlier this year (around March). The serial number is only LU3. Looking around here, it seems like I shouldn't have downgraded.

    Do you think I would be ok if I used one of the guides here to update my Wii software?

  5. #635
    Senior Member
    Legendary
    EMPRESS of ALL
    Retired Head Admin

    Do NOT PM for Site or Wii Issues
    Gen3SF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,036
    Thanks
    434
    Thanked 4,658 Times in 2,237 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by vestibule View Post
    Yes, it was purchased earlier this year (around March). The serial number is only LU3. Looking around here, it seems like I shouldn't have downgraded.

    Do you think I would be ok if I used one of the guides here to update my Wii software?
    I think you do need to overwrite some downgraded IOS's with clean Nintendo IOS's. One of your IOS's was downgraded and not accepted so that any process that tries to use it results in a freeze.

    We can take 1 of 3 approaches:
    1. Incremental: try and guess at the affected IOS and download Nintendo versions of them to install one at a time using Wad Manager (I will provide a list of IOS's to try-gotta to a little more research, but I have 2 IOS's in mind)
    2. Disk based game update-buy, borrow, or rent an original game disc for some of the games (you'll only need one though) known to update with a lot of IOS's-I know Super Mario Galaxy is one of those
    3. Go for broke and let Nintendo update your Wii on-line to 4.1

    If successful, then we can continue to whatever we were trying to do before;-)
    Last edited by Gen3SF; 09-20-2009 at 08:08 PM.

  6. #636
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gen3sf View Post
    I think you do need to overwrite some downgraded IOS's with clean Nintendo IOS's. One of your IOS's was downgraded and not accepted so that any process that tries to use it results in a freeze.

    We can take 1 of 3 approaches:
    1. Incremental: try and guess at the affected IOS and download Nintendo versions of them to install one at a time using Wad Manager (I will provide a list of IOS's to try-gotta to a little more research)
    2. Disk based game update-buy, borrow, or rent an original game disc for some of the games (you'll only need one though) known to update with a lot of IOS's-I know Super Mario Galaxy is one of those
    3. Go for broke and let Nintendo update your Wii on-line to 4.1

    If successful, then we can continue to whatever we were trying to do before;-)
    I have Rock Band 2, Twilight Princess, Wii Fit, and Wii Music. Any of those good for it (I'm assuming I'll have to turn off the disc update blocking in preloader)? If not I can borrow Mario Galaxy

    Thank you very much for your help and patience btw

  7. #637
    Senior Member
    Legendary
    EMPRESS of ALL
    Retired Head Admin

    Do NOT PM for Site or Wii Issues
    Gen3SF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,036
    Thanks
    434
    Thanked 4,658 Times in 2,237 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by vestibule View Post
    I have Rock Band 2, Twilight Princess, Wii Fit, and Wii Music. Any of those good for it (I'm assuming I'll have to turn off the disc update blocking in preloader)? If not I can borrow Mario Galaxy

    Thank you very much for your help and patience btw
    <link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5Cmpq%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtm l1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> The one's I have read will do a decent updating job are Super Mario Galaxy ( IOS 11, 12, 13, 15, 17, 20, 21, 30, 31, 33, 35), Mario Kart, and Super Smash Brothers Brawl.-don;t have the IOS's on those or whether Wii Fit or Wii Music would do. I'll keep looking, but for now-plan to borrow Super Mario Galaxy. I'll get back to you when I find more info-especially if one of the games you have there will work.

    Oh, yes, you will have to turn off any disc update blocking hacks. Also make sure the game disc is in the same region as your Wii-OK?<o></o>
    Last edited by Gen3SF; 09-20-2009 at 08:31 PM.

  8. #638
    Senior Member
    Legendary
    EMPRESS of ALL
    Retired Head Admin

    Do NOT PM for Site or Wii Issues
    Gen3SF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,036
    Thanks
    434
    Thanked 4,658 Times in 2,237 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    More research. I have more experience with softmod and a lot less in semi and full bricking and removing softmods. This is from the removing softmods to make the Wii virgin again "If you are on system menu lower than 4.1 then the first thing you should do is the the official Nintendo update, this will get rid of a lot of mods and is the safest way to do it" {My highlighting}

    Does your Wii have Internet access? This is from a Dogeggs tutorial so it is up-to-date and trustworthy.
    Last edited by Gen3SF; 09-20-2009 at 09:09 PM.

  9. #639
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gen3sf View Post
    More research. I have more experience with softmod and a lot less in semi and full bricking and removing softmods. This is from the removing softmods to make the Wii virgin again "If you are on system menu lower than 4.1 then the first thing you should do is the the official Nintendo update, this will get rid of a lot of mods and is the safest way to do it" {My highlighting}

    Does your Wii have Internet access? This is from a Dogeggs tutorial so it is up-to-date and trustworthy.
    Yeah I saw that and was thinking of following that guide.

    Yes, it has Internet access. I was never able to get it to work with the IOS installation apps out there, but now I'm guessing it has something to due with it being originally a 3.4U and didn't have the TB?

  10. #640
    Senior Member
    Legendary
    EMPRESS of ALL
    Retired Head Admin

    Do NOT PM for Site or Wii Issues
    Gen3SF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,036
    Thanks
    434
    Thanked 4,658 Times in 2,237 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by vestibule View Post
    Yeah I saw that and was thinking of following that guide.

    Yes, it has Internet access. I was never able to get it to work with the IOS installation apps out there, but now I'm guessing it has something to due with it being originally a 3.4U and didn't have the TB?
    Your problems were twofold: the 3.4 no Trucha Bug status and more importantly the downgrade to 3.2 in a Wii that can't handle downgraded IOS's.

    Not knowing these things made it hard to tease out what was happening, especially thinking it was a 3.2Wii. What made it tougher is that your 3.4U Wii is one of the small % that did not have an immediate brick on downgrading, but of course was left in a precarious position. I guess you also have some of the preloader hacks working-quite remarkable; these are odd machines-they are not all alike.

    We have the facts now. Going forward, the official Nintendo update should overwrite your problem IOS's and then you can following either this tutorial or the Dogeggs softmod tutorial (how to softmod any wii 3.1-4.1). Depends on what you need. Just as well, 3.3 and 3.4 Wiis should be updated to 4.0/4.1 anyway.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •