Page 992 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 4928929429829909919929939941002104210921492 ... LastLast
Results 9,911 to 9,920 of 16836

Thread: New 3.1-4.1 Softmod for ANY Wii

  1. #9911
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Is a Western Digital 160gb Passpord Drive compatible?

  2. #9912
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,699
    Thanks
    1,887
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,680 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by revomotagua View Post
    iīve done every step as you say but when i get to step 5 the final step d i canīt read the sd card it says error -1, and i donīt know what to do
    Are you using a 2GB or less standard SD card? It can't be a MicroSD in SD adapter or a SDHC card. Also it has to be formatted fully/not quick as FAT32. You might try a different SD card (although I find it strange it worked on an earlier step known to trip up on these types of cards...)

    Nightstah

  3. 1 User Says Thank You nightstah For This Useful Post


  4. #9913
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,699
    Thanks
    1,887
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,680 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by anil2 View Post
    Is a Western Digital 160gb Passpord Drive compatible?
    I see it on the list with high marks... why didn't or don't you look at the previous link provided? Here's the breakdown for 160gb ones you speak of here.

    Nightstah

  5. #9914
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstah View Post
    I see it on the list with high marks... why didn't or don't you look at the previous link provided? Here's the breakdown for 160gb ones you speak of here.

    Nightstah
    Ok cheerz! im guna give my Western Digital drive a try. Hopefully WBFS manager will recognize it.

  6. #9915
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Thanks for everything, just a few questions!

    First of all, I have read through the forum, and after several days of reading through everything, I finally softmodded my wii. This is my first time doing anything like this, so I apologize about any newbie questions. For the USB loaders, are those installed to the SD card, or the USB HDD? My second question, is that when I open up the games that I downloaded, they are showing in a .rar format---I extracted them over to a folder, do I just dump those to the HDD in .rar format? I don't see anything about iso in the folders. Thanks!

  7. #9916
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nope. WBFS Manager 3.0 doesnt recognize my drive. When i click on load/format is says "an error has occured while loading the drive..." I've just about had enough of this!!

  8. #9917
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    33
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Right so I have fully modded my Wii now with this guide and use WiiFlow to play games off my HDD.

    A question I have is, can I use the internet channel and shop channel as normal? Do I have to install a hacked version or something or just the normal one?

  9. #9918
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,699
    Thanks
    1,887
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,680 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanKent View Post
    Right so I have fully modded my Wii now with this guide and use WiiFlow to play games off my HDD.

    A question I have is, can I use the internet channel and shop channel as normal? Do I have to install a hacked version or something or just the normal one?
    Congrats on completing the Tutorial/mod. You need IOS 61 for the shop channel update - see this thread. You can view the optionals of the hack below the completed step along with Internet U and Internet E (US, Europe). Beyond that enjoy and anything not really on topic specific to the mod might want to be asked elsewhere in the future.

    Nightstah

  10. #9919
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    33
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstah View Post
    Congrats on completing the Tutorial/mod. You need IOS 61 for the shop channel update - see this thread. You can view the optionals of the hack below the completed step along with Internet U and Internet E (US, Europe). Beyond that enjoy and anything not really on topic specific to the mod might want to be asked elsewhere in the future.

    Nightstah
    Thank you very much... one last thing before I go to another thread, if I do use the normal internet channel will anything happen? Whats the advantage to using the one on this thread? lol sorry

  11. #9920
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,699
    Thanks
    1,887
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,680 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by anil2 View Post
    Nope. WBFS Manager 3.0 doesnt recognize my drive. When i click on load/format is says "an error has occured while loading the drive..." I've just about had enough of this!!
    You check out Gen3SF's walk thru on USB HD/WBFS here?

    Nightstah

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •