Page 794 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 2946947447847927937947957968048448941294 ... LastLast
Results 7,931 to 7,940 of 16836

Thread: New 3.1-4.1 Softmod for ANY Wii

  1. #7931
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gen3sf View Post
    @miska-2 most likely sources of the problem are failed install of cIOS or NeoGamma channel not able to be installed. Please install a homebrew app called signcheck:signCheck - WiiBrew . Run this app, of course, through the HBC-look to see that IOS249 has been installed. If so, we will proceed with various .dol and .wad versions of NeoGamma to find a successful loader version for your Wii.
    Already thanks for your help gen3sf. I hope to have the time to try it tomorrow. I surely let you know the result.

  2. #7932
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gen3sf View Post
    If you originally installed it using Wad Manager-you need to have it in on your SD card and then run Wad Mgr to uninstall it. If you are running NeoGamma through HBC-just delete the appropriate folder (named neoGamma probably) with the boot.dol file and it will no longer show up in the HBC menu.
    I should have come back and posted, I figured that out. Thanks for the help though.

  3. #7933
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Black Screen then freezes

    Completed the process without any errors. Blk screen when i try use usb loader and neogamma backup launcher. None of the wads iv installed r working.
    have a LU70 and update to 4.1U using tutorial

  4. #7934
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by spajdr View Post
    My black Wii shows version 4.1e so its perfectly safe to use softmod for 3.1 - 4.1 i guess?
    Few days ago I modded my black 4.1E wii using this guide without any problems

  5. 1 User Says Thank You canerica For This Useful Post


  6. #7935
    Retired WiiHacks Staff ShadowSonic2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Green Hill Zone
    Posts
    3,659
    Thanks
    295
    Thanked 3,896 Times in 987 Posts
    Blog Entries
    47
    ANY Wii with 3.1 - 4.1 will work with this but some (maybe all) black wiis have the D3-2 Drive which prevents DVDR backups from being. As of now, USB Loader is your only alternative.

  7. #7936
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Exclamation Need help with my Wii

    Hi,
    First of all, thank you for taking time to post the steps.

    I have Wii system, version 3.4U. I followed the steps that was listed in this post. After I did FINAL Step of FINAL STEP. After that whatever I do, I'm going to prilloader menu, not to my system, menu.

    Any help is truly appreciated.

  8. #7937
    Senior Member
    Legendary
    EMPRESS of ALL
    Retired Head Admin

    Do NOT PM for Site or Wii Issues
    Gen3SF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,036
    Thanks
    434
    Thanked 4,658 Times in 2,237 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by mmaddirala View Post
    Hi,
    First of all, thank you for taking time to post the steps.

    I have Wii system, version 3.4U. I followed the steps that was listed in this post. After I did FINAL Step of FINAL STEP. After that whatever I do, I'm going to prilloader menu, not to my system, menu.

    Any help is truly appreciated.
    Did you update from 3.4 to 4.1 following the tutorial? Priiloader is not compatible nor do priiloader hacks work on a 3.4 Wii. If you did update your Wii to 4.1-see Step 5C to set autoboot to sysmenu.

  9. #7938
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hi,

    nice post, thanks.

    i have an australian version of the wii.
    will this also work, or will the mod only work on US boxes ?

    my firmware is 4.0E and i can only install Bootmii as IOS.
    i am totally new to consoles and so far i have not read much
    positive stuff about getting the box back to live, even if it gets half bricked.
    is there a % of mods working out good ? if for example only 3% of the mods
    work on a 4.0E, then i would probably not want to try it. if 90% on the
    other hand, then it would be a goer.

    would be great if you comment on the above.
    i have modded a lot of other stuff, so i am aware of the risk.

    is there anyone with a 4.0E who has some comments on what to look out for ?

    cheers
    aussie

  10. #7939
    Senior Member
    Legendary
    EMPRESS of ALL
    Retired Head Admin

    Do NOT PM for Site or Wii Issues
    Gen3SF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,036
    Thanks
    434
    Thanked 4,658 Times in 2,237 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSonic2 View Post
    ANY Wii with 3.1 - 4.1 will work with this but some (maybe all) black wiis have the D3-2 Drive which prevents DVDR backups from being. As of now, USB Loader is your only alternative.
    Hi Shadow-right now, it is still some not all of the black Wiis have the D3-2. So we have to try the disc burning to rule out the chip for those who want to try this.

  11. #7940
    Senior Member
    Legendary
    EMPRESS of ALL
    Retired Head Admin

    Do NOT PM for Site or Wii Issues
    Gen3SF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,036
    Thanks
    434
    Thanked 4,658 Times in 2,237 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie_1968 View Post
    hi,

    nice post, thanks.

    i have an australian version of the wii.
    will this also work, or will the mod only work on US boxes ?

    my firmware is 4.0E and i can only install Bootmii as IOS.
    i am totally new to consoles and so far i have not read much
    positive stuff about getting the box back to live, even if it gets half bricked.
    is there a % of mods working out good ? if for example only 3% of the mods
    work on a 4.0E, then i would probably not want to try it. if 90% on the
    other hand, then it would be a goer.

    would be great if you comment on the above.
    i have modded a lot of other stuff, so i am aware of the risk.

    is there anyone with a 4.0E who has some comments on what to look out for ?

    cheers
    aussie
    This tutorial works on all Wiis with original 3.1-4.1 system menus just as the title states. Problems occur with members not reading the tutorial carefully. Read ALL of the tutorial text, not just the text under the Steps-reason...setup requirements, additional info, etc.

    If you read the tutorial very carefully and multiple times and follow the directions, you will have a smooth and successful softmod. People get into trouble by missing a step or panicking and trying to undo something creating an even worse problem.

    A recently purchased Wii with 4.0E as you report may have the D3-2 chip which Nintendo used to stop the Wii drive from reading backup discs. In this case, the softmod is still good, just that backup games would need to be loaded and plaued from an external USB HDD. Other workarounds include the WODE (see homepage) or replacing the Wii drives motherboard.

    Read the tutorial and post any questions you have about the steps. Good luck to you.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •