Page 687 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 1875876376776856866876886896977377871187 ... LastLast
Results 6,861 to 6,870 of 16836

Thread: New 3.1-4.1 Softmod for ANY Wii

  1. #6861
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I just formatted my SanDisk 2GB SD-card with this famous SDFormatter leading to a FAT (not FAT32) SD-card with now only 1GB :-((

    !!! Please HELP !!!
    Last edited by WiiHack4me; 12-10-2009 at 08:18 AM.
    cU

    WiiHack4me

  2. #6862
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    65
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Well, after all this time, I finally got my wireless router so I could use my Wii 4.1U online. So I was setting up the connection in the settings, and when it was finished, it asked me if I wanted to do a system update? I said no, because I wasn't sure if the softmod would mess things up or vice versa. So, can anyone answer me? Is it safe to allow the system to update itself?

  3. #6863
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally Posted by pgee
    I understand. When I start up the Wii normaly, go to the HBC channel and start the wad manager I get a black screen. I get a black screen on all other options in the HBC. Also with priiloader I cannot start HBC, also not hackmii.
    I think I made a big mistake. The last thing I did was installing backuplauncher 03gamma.wad and ISO36.wad in order to try the backuplauncher.

    Quote Originally Posted by nightstah View Post
    Gen:

    You get a chance and have some suggestions, feel free to chime in. I don't exactly know how to have pgee get his _hit together on this one.

    Nightstah
    Nightstah and gen3sf,
    Dit you have time to look into the problem I have?

    I also tried this from a post yesterday:
    Fortunately the clue to your problem came in the last pasty of your post. First, formatting your Wii's system memory does not wipe the NAND. So. you deleted HBC but can't reinstall because it sees the fake signed IOS36 from your softmod.

    Format an SD card to FAT32. Download, extract using WinRar where needed, and copy the following to your SD card: bannerbomb , IOS36-64-v1042.rar , WAD-Manager_v1.4.rar .

    Rename the Wad Manager.dol file to boot.elf and place this new boot.elf in the root ddirectory of the SD card. We are using Bannerbomb to boot up Wad Manager. Place the SD card in the Wii and say yes to boot.elf. Use Wad Mgr to install the clean IOS36 wad file. If you are successful, you can wipe the SD card or use another for the softmod tutorial again. Now you should be able to run Step 1.

    Sadly it didn't work, again the black screen.
    Last edited by pgee; 12-10-2009 at 09:21 AM.

  4. #6864
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    160
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by metroplex2k7 View Post
    Well, after all this time, I finally got my wireless router so I could use my Wii 4.1U online. So I was setting up the connection in the settings, and when it was finished, it asked me if I wanted to do a system update? I said no, because I wasn't sure if the softmod would mess things up or vice versa. So, can anyone answer me? Is it safe to allow the system to update itself?
    never let nintendo update your wii

  5. #6865
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wow, this guide is laid out fantastically, and I find the included videos a giant help!

    I had two noobish questions though:

    Firstly, if one can not install BootMii as boot2, what is the purpose of installing it and backing up the NAND if it's not recommended to restore it when it's installed as an IOS (this also begs the question as to which IOS to install it to)?

    Secondly, in regards to step 4. I have a new Wii that came with 3.4 installed (and I have not updated it); considering that 4.2 erases all modifications made, would it be better if I just update to 4.2 first and then follow Messie's 4.2 guide?

  6. #6866
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    just got a wii 3.4u. this looks like a great tutorial. i'm just wondering, if i already have hbc installed, can i install bootmii and everything else in this tutorial (and zip file) without any problems? or do i have to backtrack or have a virgin wii.

  7. #6867
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    160
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kymus View Post
    Wow, this guide is laid out fantastically, and I find the included videos a giant help!

    I had two noobish questions though:

    Firstly, if one can not install BootMii as boot2, what is the purpose of installing it and backing up the NAND if it's not recommended to restore it when it's installed as an IOS (this also begs the question as to which IOS to install it to)?

    Secondly, in regards to step 4. I have a new Wii that came with 3.4 installed (and I have not updated it); considering that 4.2 erases all modifications made, would it be better if I just update to 4.2 first and then follow Messie's 4.2 guide?
    use the following guide New 3.1-4.1 Softmod for ANY Wii to softmod your 3.4 wii, at the end of the guide, you'll be on 4.1, there's no need for 4.2

  8. #6868
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    160
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by westv55 View Post
    just got a wii 3.4u. this looks like a great tutorial. i'm just wondering, if i already have hbc installed, can i install bootmii and everything else in this tutorial (and zip file) without any problems? or do i have to backtrack or have a virgin wii.
    I had a 3.4u wii, with hbc installed, followed the guide to the letter and worked perfectly

  9. 1 User Says Thank You wulfie For This Useful Post


  10. #6869
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    49
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    When i did the softmod i omitted installing preloader.
    Is it safe to install preloader now?

  11. #6870
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geester3 View Post
    of course why the hell didnt i think of that i will go and stand in a corner with a dunces hat on my head
    cheers joggoms
    Newbie here, this is my first post. I followed this guide and I fixed my semi-bricked wii!!! thank you!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't belive it! not Im in 4.1U, I have seen that some people say to stay in 3.2, any thought o that?

    The only thing that it didn't work is: Install cIOS56 to play Guitar Hero 5/Beatles from the disc channel.
    I still can not play my burned ISOs of guitar heroe 5, world tour, any rock band game, I only can play ACDC and beatles, I tryied after installing cIOS56 and nothing. Any suggestion? what I'm missing??

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •