Page 1680 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 680118015801630167016781679168016811682 ... LastLast
Results 16,791 to 16,800 of 16836

Thread: New 3.1-4.1 Softmod for ANY Wii

  1. #16791
    Senior Member Shift_Lock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The City of Rain
    Posts
    5,932
    Thanks
    1,320
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    How new is the wii? new drives will not read back up discs

    Did I come off like a jerk?? Read more here


    [/spoiler]

  2. #16792
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shift_Lock View Post
    How new is the wii? new drives will not read back up discs
    Its one of the older wii's recently updated to V4.1 during the softmod not sure what firmware it was before 3. something but i know my nephew used to have a habbit of putting things in the dvd drive like cards and coins and was recently sent away to nintendo for the coins to be removed is it possible that they have replaced the old drive with a new drive ie one that doesn't support backups

    just curious as ive been on the forum for a while and followed several softmod tutorials and never once screwed up with the past 3 wii's that ive done
    Last edited by vinatec; 03-23-2011 at 10:42 AM. Reason: merge double -->edit button

  3. #16793
    Senior Member Shift_Lock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The City of Rain
    Posts
    5,932
    Thanks
    1,320
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    It's possible but im not sure... the only way to find out for sure would be to open it up..

    1167:
    DVD Read Error:Bad burn/media.Dirty Lens use Wii Lens Cleaner.Trying to play a Dual Layer game with rev14- update to cIOS38rev17+.Some old wiis are known to have problems with dual layer games.If its a new wii then it has a d3-2 drive and you cant play disc backups.Only option is USB loading.

    Try reburning the game on different media and at 2x speed.
    Last edited by Shift_Lock; 03-23-2011 at 11:00 AM.

    Did I come off like a jerk?? Read more here


    [/spoiler]

  4. #16794
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shift_Lock View Post
    It's possible but im not sure... the only way to find out for sure would be to open it up..

    1167:
    DVD Read Error:Bad burn/media.Dirty Lens use Wii Lens Cleaner.Trying to play a Dual Layer game with rev14- update to cIOS38rev17+.Some old wiis are known to have problems with dual layer games.If its a new wii then it has a d3-2 drive and you cant play disc backups.Only option is USB loading.

    Try reburning the game on different media and at 2x speed.
    I have another wii which was modded using one of the tutorials here all games work fine with that just the one im doing for my brother inlaw all games give the 1167 Error with all games, I will try burning another game with other media and see what happens.

    Can the modded wii be redone in the off chance i have made a mistake somewhere ?

  5. #16795
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Nancy the Moderator

    VWA, Game Master, News Hound
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    Red_Gh0st's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Puerto Rico. Sexyness: 2376
    Posts
    6,289
    Thanks
    628
    Thanked 2,143 Times in 1,350 Posts
    Blog Entries
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by dolanm56 View Post
    I have another wii which was modded using one of the tutorials here all games work fine with that just the one im doing for my brother inlaw all games give the 1167 Error with all games, I will try burning another game with other media and see what happens.

    Can the modded wii be redone in the off chance i have made a mistake somewhere ?
    DVD Read Error:Bad burn/media.Dirty Lens use Wii Lens Cleaner.Trying to play a Dual Layer game with rev14- update to cIOS38rev17+.Some old wiis are known to have problems with dual layer games.If its a new wii then it has a d3-2 drive and you cant play disc backups.Only option is USB loading.

    Also softmod your wii using the 3.0-4.2 softmod guide below

  6. 1 User Says Thank You Red_Gh0st For This Useful Post


  7. #16796
    Senior Member Shift_Lock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The City of Rain
    Posts
    5,932
    Thanks
    1,320
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by dolanm56 View Post
    Can the modded wii be redone in the off chance i have made a mistake somewhere ?
    Yes. everything will just copy over what you have on there now. if you do remod try the guide in my signature.

    Did I come off like a jerk?? Read more here


    [/spoiler]

  8. 1 User Says Thank You Shift_Lock For This Useful Post


  9. #16797
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shift_Lock View Post
    Yes. everything will just copy over what you have on there now. if you do remod try the guide in my signature.
    Thanks Shift_Lock your time and replies are much appreciated i'll try your tutorial now and let you know how things go

    EDIT:

    Hi Shift_Lock tried the tutorial you mentioned and still having the same problems as before i done a syscheck if that will tell you anything.

    Thanks
    Last edited by dolanm56; 03-23-2011 at 09:33 PM.

  10. #16798
    Senior Member Shift_Lock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The City of Rain
    Posts
    5,932
    Thanks
    1,320
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    No need for a system check Im sure everything is fine. you can post one if it makes you feel better though and we can take a look. It is either you drive is newer now or the lens is dirty. well... IMO anyways.. Personally I would get a HDD and load from USB.

    Did I come off like a jerk?? Read more here


    [/spoiler]

  11. #16799
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hi im a total noob but im having problems i was following th guide but on step 3 part d installing cios 38 rev 17 it didnt it gave an error ret 1035 when installing custom ios what should i do?

    Thanks

  12. #16800
    Senior Member Shift_Lock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The City of Rain
    Posts
    5,932
    Thanks
    1,320
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmore23 View Post
    hi im a total noob but im having problems i was following th guide but on step 3 part d installing cios 38 rev 17 it didnt it gave an error ret 1035 when installing custom ios what should i do?

    Thanks
    1035:
    Title with a higher version is already installed: The cause of 1035 error is when you try to install an IOS with a lower revision over-top of an IOS with a higher revision. Most common reason people get this error is when they try to downgrade IOS15 using DOP-Mii, TBR, MMM.....any app that downgrades IOS to install a patched IOS36 (you can also get the error if your IOS36 revision is too high when it comes time to install the IOS36 with patches).

    2 causes - 2 Solutions

    Cause 1 - using an app like DOP-Mii, TBR, MMM that does not support the IOS revisions currently installed.
    Solution - Fix it by using MMM 13.4

    Cause 2 - Trying to install over an IOS with a higher version number
    Solution - Fix it by using IOS236 to install with (or cIOS38 rev 17).

    Did I come off like a jerk?? Read more here


    [/spoiler]

  13. 1 User Says Thank You Shift_Lock For This Useful Post


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •