Page 165 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 651151551631641651661671752152656651165 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 16836

Thread: New 3.1-4.1 Softmod for ANY Wii

  1. #1641
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    30
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Heyyyyy

    Should I install a preloader if all I want to do it play back up games through USB (which I currently AM by using coverfloaded?)

  2. #1642
    Senior Member
    Legendary
    EMPRESS of ALL
    Retired Head Admin

    Do NOT PM for Site or Wii Issues
    Gen3SF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,036
    Thanks
    434
    Thanked 4,658 Times in 2,237 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by botchie View Post
    Heyyyyy

    Should I install a preloader if all I want to do it play back up games through USB (which I currently AM by using coverfloaded?)
    Well, I see your point in that you will be using the USB loader to avoid the disc updates and also the all region access. However, should you ever develop a problem where you cannot boot the sys menu, the preloader will still load allowing for HBC access.

  3. #1643
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    30
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I see....

    Can preloader can stop the updates on my wii?

    I think I should be safe by running brick blocker through each ISO before putting it on USB though?

    another odd question...If I was to brick and my wii is still under warrinty do I just send it back and they fix it or will this addon void warranty?

    I think one of these days you smart lads will find a way to fix bricked wii's
    Last edited by botchie; 08-30-2009 at 10:33 PM.

  4. #1644
    Senior Member
    Legendary
    EMPRESS of ALL
    Retired Head Admin

    Do NOT PM for Site or Wii Issues
    Gen3SF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,036
    Thanks
    434
    Thanked 4,658 Times in 2,237 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by botchie View Post
    I see....

    Can preloader can stop the updates on my wii?

    I think I should be safe by running brick blocker through each ISO before putting it on USB though?

    another odd question...If I was to brick and my wii is still under warrinty do I just send it back and they fix it or will this addon void warranty?

    I think one of these days you smart lads will find a way to fix bricked wii's
    Before sending your softmodded Wii back to Nintendo you will need to "virginize" your Wii. There are instructions elsewhere detailing how to remove your softmods so that Nintendo will not know about your activities and will honor the warranty.

    With your use of a USB loader, you already have update blocking protection. Both NeoGamma and USB loader do not read the update partition on a disc. So you are covered there. Really, what preloader will add is that maintained access to HBC that will help recover from a brick. I don;t know how secure your Wii is from family, but preloader also protects in case of someone else just sticking some game disc in your Wii and accepting the update without asking you about it first. It happens ;-)

  5. 1 User Says Thank You Gen3SF For This Useful Post


  6. #1645
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    30
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gen3sf View Post
    Before sending your softmodded Wii back to Nintendo you will need to "virginize" your Wii. There are instructions elsewhere detailing how to remove your softmods so that Nintendo will not know about your activities and will honor the warranty.

    With your use of a USB loader, you already have update blocking protection. Both NeoGamma and USB loader do not read the update partition on a disc. So you are covered there. Really, what preloader will add is that maintained access to HBC that will help recover from a brick. I don;t know how secure your Wii is from family, but preloader also protects in case of someone else just sticking some game disc in your Wii and accepting the update without asking you about it first. It happens ;-)
    ok thanks man

    I just dont want it to brick as my g/f will kill me..."told you not to play with it...bla bla bla"

  7. #1646
    Senior Member
    Legendary
    EMPRESS of ALL
    Retired Head Admin

    Do NOT PM for Site or Wii Issues
    Gen3SF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,036
    Thanks
    434
    Thanked 4,658 Times in 2,237 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by botchie View Post
    ok thanks man

    I just dont want it to brick as my g/f will kill me..."told you not to play with it...bla bla bla"
    Well then we are back to your original question on why do you need preloader. Playing only off USB-you should have your USB loader settings to anyregion-that blocks semi0bricking from accidentky playing an out of region game. Already mentioned the blocked updating thing. So, if you can ensure no one ever will stick a live disc in the Wii and accept an update then you don't need preloader. Depends on your control of that scenario.

    It's a matter of added security or insurance to me not a matter of boys playing with their toys as your GF might think. Risk:benefit ratio. By the way, I am a woman-I think of this as a safety precaution-my nephew accidently updated my 3.2U to a 3.4U with some game he borrowed from a friend. I have taken care of that potential problem now/

  8. #1647
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    30
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    shit...I called you a MAN before...sorry

    Well I wouldnt know where to check usb loader settings??
    I just open HBC then run Coverloaded and run a game through it?

    Is there any better way/program?

  9. #1648
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    4.1e

    gen3sf

    Do you mean if you brick your wii you can still "virginize" it?? Somebody told me at this moment you start softmoding your warranty is gone. I don't know how much is it truth. Now I'm realy confused

  10. #1649
    Senior Member messie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,118
    Thanks
    68
    Thanked 7,150 Times in 1,065 Posts
    Gen3sf, what you say is partially right.

    1. when you load the game onto a usb drive, the only thing that exists in the drive is the game, nothing else, no update. That's why tha iso is 4.7 GB and the game takes less space in the disk

    2. Preloader will prevent updates from loading from disks, not internet updates.

    3. You can virginise your wii only in some cases, and i do not think entirely, that means that HBC and stuff may leave traces behind, so N may know what you have done. In case of a brick, you ll have to return it to N and then it is impossible to do anything to virginise it. In case you have any other problem, a faulty disc for example, you MAY be able to remove the hacks and make your wii virgin

  11. #1650
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    30
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    so has anyone returned the bricked wii back to N while under warranty after they soft mod it?

    I'd be interest to know they say...if they fix it for free or

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •