I'd say that exceeds "little to no real difference", wouldn't you?
- added autoboot Bootmii IOS
- added Bootmii IOS booting option to menu
- let Priiloader remount SD on a lot of occasions
- try and boot the HAXX Homebrew Channel title ID if JODI isn't found
- various file access bug fixes
- priiloader no longer needs ES_DIVerify for system menu booting. however if a different ios is chosen to run system menu with it still needs the hack/patch
- killed the DVD spin bug (crediar forgot to close the dvd drive in ios)
- fixed file booting (thx phpgeek)
- Added Stub IOS Detections when loading bootmii ios or IOS for System Menu. Only IOS 21 seems to be detected as stub...
- Added a check on boot so some apps can reboot/launch system menu and force priiloader to show up (see magicword.zip)
- Added the checksum function from priiloader to the installer. if the checksum fails it asks the user what to do. it checks when:
- Copying (installation of priiloader) the System menu app
- Restoring (uninstall of priiloader) the System menu app
- after Writing the Priiloader app (the checking installation part)
- Added basic HBC Stub Loading. if priiloader (or a dol loaded by priiloader) crashes you can press reset to load HBC
- Added possibility to boot System Menu if no wiimote is detected. after 15 seconds priiloader booted press reset to boot system menu
- Added a check when loading/installing binaries to see if the SD/USB is still present or not
- Added support for more usb hard drives
- Added an option to ask for a password either when entering priiloader menu or doing autoboot. (NOTE : this -CAN- lock you out of your own wii. please be very careful with this)
- Added a menu to list all installed Wiiware/VC titles and start one
- Added support of all versions of the EU/US system menus(JP/KR are untested)
- Booting a Dol/Title now stops the DVD drive as well
- Titles list is now forced to display in english
- Added support for Homebrew channel 1.0.7&1.0.8 booting & reloading (in case of a DSI crash)
- Added online Updating (full versions and beta versions. also language mods are available)
- Added a password backdoor incase you forgot the password.To change the password temporary to "BackDoor" press on the Password Screen "1" and then 4 times "2" on the Remote or "Y" and 4 times "X" on GC/Classic.
- Added System Menu TMD patching for HW_AHBPROT so that applications started by Priiloader can enjoy the fun too
"Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.
I used your old guide ( http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...d-any-wii.html ) to softmod my wii about 2 years ago. I eventually got it to work, but now obviously need loads of updates as most newer games (especially Just Dance 2) just won't work.
Am I ok to use this newer guide to update everything, or will it bugger everything up? I nearly killed the wii when I first did this, and am frightened whatever I do might brick it. Do I just start from step 2a and follow it to the letter and it will overwrite my older mods or do I need to delete them first?
Cheers matey, just reading through this and will get everything up to date!!
Ahh, just read this bit:
"....If you're also softmodded with DogEgg's tutorial, this guide is NOT for you!"
Last edited by UKMix; 12-06-2010 at 03:31 AM.
Is this one possible to use to update everything I have, or is there one I can use if I have modded with Dogeggs' original mod instructions?
Sorry for being a pain,
I've followed this guide to softmod an older Wii I had - but I also used Maui Frog's guide for newer Wii's to make sure I had the most current Wads.
My question now is how to access Netflix - do you get this from the shop channel? I noticed that there was a shop channel update Wad in Maui Frogs guide, but not one in this guide. Will I need to install that update from Maui Frog's guide to get the shop channel/netflix to work? Thank you.
4.1U Softmod - BannerMod/Bootmii
Click me for the easiest way to softmod your Wii!!!
Just a quick question, sorry for my ignorance...
I already have homebrew channel, and just want to update my very old soft mod so newer games will work, I have been advised to skip the installation of homebrew. Is that the only bit I skip, (in the first video after Install Bootmii - 1 min 15 secs) but do everything else as though I haven't got the soft mod?