Page 1285 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 28578511851235127512831284128512861287129513351385 ... LastLast
Results 12,841 to 12,850 of 16836

Thread: New 3.1-4.1 Softmod for ANY Wii

  1. #12841
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,497
    Thanks
    1,859
    Thanked 4,331 Times in 3,632 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Chibi-sama View Post
    Mine doesn’t say that. If I right click and select format, it just offers me some options that I can’t really do anything with and the option to format to FAT or FAT 32. It says nothing at all about full FAT 32 format.
    It's like a floppy format. If it's a windows box, there should be a tickable option labeled "QUICK"; if so, deselect it).

  2. #12842
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekee View Post
    or you can try..right click my computer-manage-disk management-select your sd what ever drive letter it is-action-format-change file system to fat32-ok
    Did that, same thing still happened. Although… I am recalling a few things, such as one being that a long time ago, I tried installing a CIOS (I forget which one) onto my Wii, which failed to load but afterwards caused odd things to happen, such as messages like “The game file/data has been corrupted, blah blah blah…” would pop up after loading Brawl through Gecko, though upon checking my data centre, I found everything in working order, and eventually the messages stopped altogether. Another thing I recall is that I installed the Homebrew Channel from a different SD card… though would that really make a difference in terms of installing BootMii?
    Last edited by Chibi-sama; 03-23-2010 at 10:33 PM.

  3. #12843
    Junior Member Mekee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    ON, Canada
    Posts
    849
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 163 Times in 146 Posts
    follow this guide, dont install homebrew you already have it, install bootmii
    you did say that when you open hombrew and press home on the remote and press launch bootmii, no bootmii shows up
    install it, be it bootmii as boot2 or bootmii as ios, then back-up your NAND since that's what you wanted in the first place


    ***Edit: is your wiiconnect 24 on?***
    Last edited by Mekee; 03-23-2010 at 10:51 PM.

  4. #12844
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekee View Post
    follow this guide, dont install homebrew you already have it, install bootmii
    you did say that when you open hombrew and press home on the remote and press launch bootmii, no bootmii shows up
    install it, be it bootmii as boot2 or bootmii as ios, then back-up your NAND since that's what you wanted in the first place


    ***Edit: is your wiiconnect 24 on?***
    …Okay, I’m not sure what is going on now. I was able to get the message “Load boot.dol/elf?” to show up, went to the HackMii screen, selected Install BootMii, choose to install as boot2, got the message that it completed, went back to the menu screen, but BootMii didn’t show up, not even when I went to the HomeBrew Channel and pressed the Menu button.

    And I haven’t had WiiConnect24 turned on since 2009.

    (By the way, do Virtual Console titles interfere with the boot.elf file? I had some game files that I had backed up from my Wii, but after copying them to my computer and deleting them from the SD card, the “Load boot.dol/elf?” message showed up instantly.)

  5. #12845
    Junior Member Mekee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    ON, Canada
    Posts
    849
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 163 Times in 146 Posts
    here I hope this will help you, I did a little searching for you read Ithian's post #4
    good luck

  6. #12846
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekee View Post
    here I hope this will help you, I did a little searching for you read Ithian's post #4
    good luck
    Ho, I’ve got it all figured it out now… Was able to access the HackMii screen, get my NAND for my Wii, and then successfully get my CIOS. Success! Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

    …Not sure this is the right forum thread to be asking, though, but is there a way to install VC .wad files on WAD Manager v1.4? After doing the CIOS get, I loaded WAD Manager and tried installing a VC wad, but I got the bothersome ERROR! (ret = -1022). I suppose it’s either because the .wad might be bad or possibly the naming… (The file is currently named VC_EarthBoundNTSC_Inject.wad, though does the file’s name really matter?)

  7. #12847
    Junior Member Mekee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    ON, Canada
    Posts
    849
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 163 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chibi-sama View Post
    Ho, I’ve got it all figured it out now… Was able to access the HackMii screen, get my NAND for my Wii, and then successfully get my CIOS. Success! Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

    …Not sure this is the right forum thread to be asking, though, but is there a way to install VC .wad files on WAD Manager v1.4? After doing the CIOS get, I loaded WAD Manager and tried installing a VC wad, but I got the bothersome ERROR! (ret = -1022). I suppose it’s either because the .wad might be bad or possibly the naming… (The file is currently named VC_EarthBoundNTSC_Inject.wad, though does the file’s name really matter?)
    not really sure about vc wad files but you can look for your error code in the error index under my sig
    glad I could help

  8. #12848
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i fallowed the directions on page 1 except 1 part i messed up, this tutorial is very good except the youtube vids are hard to read whats going on

    step C under "get a CIOS" i says load IOS36 but i see in the clip they change it down to IOS15 then load then restore to IOS15, i did the next step then realized somthing was not right went back then everything installed normal patched screen flipped etc.. but when i completed all steps i did not see neogamma in my channels, also last step install menu hacks it shows nothing to install

  9. #12849
    Junior Member Mekee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    ON, Canada
    Posts
    849
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 163 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7808 View Post
    i fallowed the directions on page 1 except 1 part i messed up, this tutorial is very good except the youtube vids are hard to read whats going on

    step C under "get a CIOS" i says load IOS36 but i see in the clip they change it down to IOS15 then load then restore to IOS15, i did the next step then realized somthing was not right went back then everything installed normal patched screen flipped etc.. but when i completed all steps i did not see neogamma in my channels, also last step install menu hacks it shows nothing to install
    if you read the instructions with the vid it tells you exactly whats going on on the vid
    a) Go to Homebrew channel and run Trucha Bug Restorer, load IOS36, press 1, read the warnings then select 'downgrade IOS15', select to load IOS from SD card then let it do its job, keep an eye on what it is doing and make sure you select 'load from sd card' when it asks & don't get any errors.

    b) Run Trucha Bug Restorer again, this time select to load IOS15 on first screen using dpad left/right, then select the IOS36 menu & install patched (select 'yes' on all 3 patches) IOS36 to slot 36, again using IOS from SD card.

    c) Run Trucha Bug Restorer again, load IOS36 and this time select restore IOS15.

    d) Run cIOS38 r17 installer, select IOS36 as the one it should use and then select wad install.

    If your Homebrew Channel flips upside down then continue with the guide and when completed reinstall the homebrew channel.
    to install neogamma use wad manager and install wad there should be a channel after that
    Last edited by Mekee; 03-24-2010 at 06:38 AM.

  10. #12850
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    is the download link is dead from sharingmatrix.com??

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •