Page 1173 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 173673107311231163117111721173117411751183122312731673 ... LastLast
Results 11,721 to 11,730 of 16836

Thread: New 3.1-4.1 Softmod for ANY Wii

  1. #11721
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,451
    Thanks
    1,839
    Thanked 4,310 Times in 3,618 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by emmanuel32867 View Post
    hi there tanks for the guide .I decide give a try to this one in my virgin wii but I cant download the files. other place to get them? thanks again
    See this post for alternative links.

    Nightstah

  2. #11722
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,451
    Thanks
    1,839
    Thanked 4,310 Times in 3,618 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by lucifa View Post
    i soft moded my wii using Nintendo wii AIO v2 and softmodding for dummies v4.1, had homebrew/backup launcher/usb loader/ MplayerCE v0.75 and was useing a partioned 640gb external hd to play my games from usb loader and Mplayer to watch movies/music. All working fine for over 6 mounths on wii v3.1E. But i could not play some off the newer games though thats why i decided to try this tut to update/upgrade my wii (even though i have no way of connecting my wii to the internet at this time). i folowed all steps pricisely and have had no error messages of any kind! i relise i would prob be missing some ios due to offline update. would it be worth updating using a game like Gutair hero 5 to do an update with all the proper ios then try to re-mod? when i used offline update and then instaled it onto my wii it seemed to be fine(no error) and in the wii system option it now says its v4.0E. the thing that is wrong is neogamma or usb loader gx wil not load hd. neogamma will load from disc but thats it. also i still have my old hombrew channel (did not sem to have to update it) and my old usb loader still installed. homebrew channel works fine but old usb loader stoped working! also when i click on the new sd card button at bottom left of wii menu my wii frezzes and i have to hold power button to turn off! what could my prob be and any idea of how i can resolve this. Thanks agian
    Aside from another poster's explanation for the freezing SD card, I suppose ultimately I should've sought clarification in terms of by what method you had previously softmodded your Wii. That's an out-of-date tutorial and is a concern with newer Wiis and not the recommended method (silly me, I figured twilight hack). I do suggest for you to check out the virginizing your Wii thread here. It's a thought... you'd get your stuff all removed and could re-do this tutorial from beginning to end in a "clean" fashion and it'd probably address the issues you're having.

    Nightstah

  3. #11723
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstah View Post
    Aside from another poster's explanation for the freezing SD card, I suppose ultimately I should've sought clarification in terms of by what method you had previously softmodded your Wii. That's an out-of-date tutorial and is a concern with newer Wiis and not the recommended method (silly me, I figured twilight hack). I do suggest for you to check out the virginizing your Wii thread here. It's a thought... you'd get your stuff all removed and could re-do this tutorial from beginning to end in a "clean" fashion and it'd probably address the issues you're having.

    Nightstah
    OK after a few times thru the tutorial I have worked out what my problem is but need a bit of help with it.

    On step 3b it says to install all 3 patches for some reason mine does not do this only does one and bang finished?

    Can you shed some light on what I am doing wqrong or should I go back to the start again?

    Dan

  4. #11724
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    any else have problems downloading from the links posted in post 1?

    edit: just read about the alternate links.. thanks nightstah
    Last edited by NNNW; 02-09-2010 at 01:15 AM.

  5. #11725
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I installed the guide as per instructions, BUT to be honest now i cant remember if i did preloader.
    I started the wii while holding down reset but the loader screen doesnt come up so does that mean i didnt install??

    i put all the files back on my SD and inserted it, but in homebrew it shows preloader but no description underneath the title. i clicked to load anyway but screen went black and had to power off and on again, is there anyway of putting it back on again so that i can make sure i have blocked updates etc etc.
    Feel such a plank now if i have missed this out

  6. #11726
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Guys, how can I check which IOSes I have installed?

  7. #11727
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstah View Post
    Aside from another poster's explanation for the freezing SD card, I suppose ultimately I should've sought clarification in terms of by what method you had previously softmodded your Wii. That's an out-of-date tutorial and is a concern with newer Wiis and not the recommended method (silly me, I figured twilight hack). I do suggest for you to check out the virginizing your Wii thread here. It's a thought... you'd get your stuff all removed and could re-do this tutorial from beginning to end in a "clean" fashion and it'd probably address the issues you're having.

    Nightstah
    Thanks agian Nightstah,
    Yeah i know its an outdated method but my wii is an orignal v3.1E and that was the only way to soft mod i could find at the time. now i have un-updated my wii from 4.0E to v3.2E and redone my orignal softmod. Its All working agian (usb loader and HD). In a tut it says you only need to instal the ios that that game usess and that it dose not matter what firmware you use. i tryed that and no luck. cheers for all the help and when i can connect my wii to net i will try to (virgin) my wii and do the tut agian.
    Agian thanks. hey just want to know has anyone got the new super mario or wii sports to work with this tut and soft mod? HOW? cheers

  8. #11728
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Exclamation having problems someone can help me

    im having troble installing it it say error 1035 i dont know what it means or if is missing something o the installation
    serial num LU64

  9. #11729
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,451
    Thanks
    1,839
    Thanked 4,310 Times in 3,618 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by sticko View Post
    I installed the guide as per instructions, BUT to be honest now i cant remember if i did preloader.
    I started the wii while holding down reset but the loader screen doesnt come up so does that mean i didnt install??

    i put all the files back on my SD and inserted it, but in homebrew it shows preloader but no description underneath the title. i clicked to load anyway but screen went black and had to power off and on again, is there anyway of putting it back on again so that i can make sure i have blocked updates etc etc.
    Feel such a plank now if i have missed this out
    Read this thread.

    Nightstah

  10. #11730
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,451
    Thanks
    1,839
    Thanked 4,310 Times in 3,618 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by onyxrhine View Post
    Guys, how can I check which IOSes I have installed?
    Google signcheck Wii --- it'll take you to a wiibrew page. It can generate a csv (comma separated value) on what's installed ios-wise.

    Nightstah

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •