Page 1172 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 172672107211221162117011711172117311741182122212721672 ... LastLast
Results 11,711 to 11,720 of 16836

Thread: New 3.1-4.1 Softmod for ANY Wii

  1. #11711
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstah View Post
    If you updated from 3.1 to 4.0 offline, first be aware some IOS may likely be missing. This is not the cause of your current predicament, but something that you'll need to be aware of nonetheless. What error or symptoms are you getting? And when you said it was previously softmodded, by what method?

    Nightstah
    i soft moded my wii using Nintendo wii AIO v2 and softmodding for dummies v4.1, had homebrew/backup launcher/usb loader/ MplayerCE v0.75 and was useing a partioned 640gb external hd to play my games from usb loader and Mplayer to watch movies/music. All working fine for over 6 mounths on wii v3.1E. But i could not play some off the newer games though thats why i decided to try this tut to update/upgrade my wii (even though i have no way of connecting my wii to the internet at this time). i folowed all steps pricisely and have had no error messages of any kind! i relise i would prob be missing some ios due to offline update. would it be worth updating using a game like Gutair hero 5 to do an update with all the proper ios then try to re-mod? when i used offline update and then instaled it onto my wii it seemed to be fine(no error) and in the wii system option it now says its v4.0E. the thing that is wrong is neogamma or usb loader gx wil not load hd. neogamma will load from disc but thats it. also i still have my old hombrew channel (did not sem to have to update it) and my old usb loader still installed. homebrew channel works fine but old usb loader stoped working! also when i click on the new sd card button at bottom left of wii menu my wii frezzes and i have to hold power button to turn off! what could my prob be and any idea of how i can resolve this. Thanks agian

  2. #11712
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Question not able to find "IOS249" during "wad" install

    Hi All,

    I am newbie and had some issues getting my wii 4.1u to modify. I am on step 5 (d) and not able to find "IOS249" during "wad" install. The default settings is "IOS36".

    What can cause this?

    Thanks for any help.

  3. #11713
    Senior Member
    Legendary
    EMPRESS of ALL
    Retired Head Admin

    Do NOT PM for Site or Wii Issues
    Gen3SF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,036
    Thanks
    434
    Thanked 4,658 Times in 2,237 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by aj1299 View Post
    Hi All,

    I am newbie and had some issues getting my wii 4.1u to modify. I am on step 5 (d) and not able to find "IOS249" during "wad" install. The default settings is "IOS36".

    What can cause this?

    Thanks for any help.
    When IOS249 fails to show as the default when running Wad Mgr, that is due to Step 3 not being completed successfully. Go back, re-read the tutorial steps and try again, please, Pay attention to the "A" button presses as it is rather easy to accidentally press the "B" button which backs you out of the step w/o even a message telling you what happened. Just go slowly and carefully and it should come out right for you.

  4. #11714
    Senior Member
    Legendary
    EMPRESS of ALL
    Retired Head Admin

    Do NOT PM for Site or Wii Issues
    Gen3SF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,036
    Thanks
    434
    Thanked 4,658 Times in 2,237 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by onyxrhine View Post
    Ok, I did a little bit more research, and it appears that SM Galaxy needs IOS33 to run. Since my System Menu runs on IOS60, if I install IOS33 via WAD Manager, is that considered a downgrade, ie: am I going to brick?
    @onyxrhine - that is not a downgrade, that is merely installing an IOS. Please feel free to install the IOS that your games requires to load. Have you read Posts #1 and 2 HERE? Just for the future.

    @wiicool. - there is no harm in re-doing the step as you were interrupted and are unsure of its success. Just do it again-no problem with repeating the step. Good Luck and if you post again, it would be very helpful to use Upper and Lower Cases and full stops and spaces. That makes your question easier to read-thank you.
    Last edited by Gen3SF; 02-08-2010 at 03:50 PM.

  5. #11715
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    download link not working

    hi there tanks for the guide .I decide give a try to this one in my virgin wii but I cant download the files. other place to get them? thanks again

  6. #11716
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    88
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lucifa View Post
    i soft moded my wii using Nintendo wii AIO v2 and softmodding for dummies v4.1, had homebrew/backup launcher/usb loader/ MplayerCE v0.75 and was useing a partioned 640gb external hd to play my games from usb loader and Mplayer to watch movies/music. All working fine for over 6 mounths on wii v3.1E. But i could not play some off the newer games though thats why i decided to try this tut to update/upgrade my wii (even though i have no way of connecting my wii to the internet at this time). i folowed all steps pricisely and have had no error messages of any kind! i relise i would prob be missing some ios due to offline update. would it be worth updating using a game like Gutair hero 5 to do an update with all the proper ios then try to re-mod? when i used offline update and then instaled it onto my wii it seemed to be fine(no error) and in the wii system option it now says its v4.0E. the thing that is wrong is neogamma or usb loader gx wil not load hd. neogamma will load from disc but thats it. also i still have my old hombrew channel (did not sem to have to update it) and my old usb loader still installed. homebrew channel works fine but old usb loader stoped working! also when i click on the new sd card button at bottom left of wii menu my wii frezzes and i have to hold power button to turn off! what could my prob be and any idea of how i can resolve this. Thanks agian
    lucifa,

    Have you try using the bottom usb connection instead of the top one. Depending on how you place you wii, it is the bottom slot if it lays flat, or the left most if placed vertical side way.

    On the freezing issue that you are having when click on the sd card button is because you still have bannerbomb hack on the root of the sd. After completing the tutorial you can delete the private folder and the boot.elf file on the root of the sd and it will eliminate the freezing problem when sd card icon was selected.

    gl

  7. #11717
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Upgrade Questions

    I followed the below Procedure and was able to SoftMod my 4.0 Wii without any issues. Since I was on 4.0, I didn't update Firmware and not installed Priloader too and everything works great. I even updated Installer and Neogamma to latest version. Now I plan to upgrade to 4.1 and Install Priloader and, but not Sure whether I Installed IOS60-patched.wad when i softmodded my Wii long back.

    I have below questions to clarify before proceeding further upgrades.
    Is it Possible to identify whether I have installed IOS60-patched.wad already?
    If so , How can i find it?
    I am sure i updated other IOS as shown in Youtube.
    Does reinstalling IOS60-patched.wad, would cause any issue? ( As per Mod, Uninstall would Brick )

    Is it ok to have with ver 4.0 or gud to update to 4.1?

    Appreciate your help!

  8. #11718
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Thumbs up .................................................. .........

    .................................................. .................................................. ..
    Last edited by alex.jgd; 01-02-2011 at 12:05 PM.

  9. #11719
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,450
    Thanks
    1,839
    Thanked 4,310 Times in 3,618 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.jgd View Post
    Hello! ¿Que tal? First, thanks for the tutorial .. I followed the foot and achieve chipping the wii, the serial is LU66 ... and had the firmware 3.4, now I have a question about the ios60 ... if I can not uninstall because it brick the console, then I can not format it in the future? because doing so would lose the ios60 but were updated to version 4.1 but without that file are as published brick the wii then as you would in that case? thanks ...!
    Please do not quote the entire tutorial for a question about a specific aspect of it. If you have a chipped Wii and wish to do this tutorial that is fine. You only have to install it once, and that's in Step 4. Never, ever uninstall an IOS below 200 --- that will cause a brick. Generally if you've not installed IOS 60 it won't let you upgrade, it'll give an error (not a brick; you'd simply have to install it before it'd update).

    Nightstah

  10. #11720
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,450
    Thanks
    1,839
    Thanked 4,310 Times in 3,618 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetsak View Post
    I followed the below Procedure and was able to SoftMod my 4.0 Wii without any issues. Since I was on 4.0, I didn't update Firmware and not installed Priloader too and everything works great. I even updated Installer and Neogamma to latest version. Now I plan to upgrade to 4.1 and Install Priloader and, but not Sure whether I Installed IOS60-patched.wad when i softmodded my Wii long back.

    I have below questions to clarify before proceeding further upgrades.
    Is it Possible to identify whether I have installed IOS60-patched.wad already?
    If so , How can i find it?
    I am sure i updated other IOS as shown in Youtube.
    Does reinstalling IOS60-patched.wad, would cause any issue? ( As per Mod, Uninstall would Brick )

    Is it ok to have with ver 4.0 or gud to update to 4.1?

    Appreciate your help!
    If in doubt, you can install IOS 60 patched again --- it will not hurt your Wii in any way if it's already installed. Never uninstall an IOS below 200 --- this would likely brick you Wii. You can stay @ 4.0 if you wish; I hope when you say some youtube video, you're referring to one of the included ones with this tutorial. Do not trust "some youtube video" that's not a part of this tutorial. If in doubt, you can install the IOS again, it won't hurt (just don't uninstall as already mentioned).

    Nightstah

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •