Page 1055 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 5555595510051045105310541055105610571065110511551555 ... LastLast
Results 10,541 to 10,550 of 16836

Thread: New 3.1-4.1 Softmod for ANY Wii

  1. #10541
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks nightstah ..i loaded priloader v3o4 and it worked fine [though the hacks are different to the ones in tut , i think i did it right] .
    Now i have another problem....when i try to install wad v4889 i get a 1035 error and when i try to install neogammer i get a 1029 error, i have looked in the error section in the tuts but dont really understand what to do , could somebody help a modding newbie with plain english for a thicko please

  2. #10542
    New Member MrLeche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    51
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    @ nitrofish:

    One way to check your Wii is check the sticker at the bottom: mine is starting with LKsomething something. it's Korean. My cousin's Wii is LJxxx which is Japanese. I just softmodded his a few hours ago. If you said your's is USA, it should be LUxxx. then when you check system settings inside wii menu settings it is display on the right corner of the tv screen up above saying 4.1U. Note: it will never be 3.2 nor 4.0 nor 4.1 without the country suffix. 4.1J 4.1U etc etc.

    And by country alone you'd know whether it's PAL or NTSC. since USA and Japan are both NTSC. So if your system settings is already 4.1"U" then it is NTSC.

    Lastly, check your game. I got confused a bit since you mentions you bought the game and burned it since it has scratched. and now you're mentioning utorrent, which can mean it is downloaded. If it is downloaded though you may remember by it's file name:

    e.g. Wii_The_title001_PAL_[Esp].rar

    1. Wii - not to mistaken it for ps2 or pc or any other console
    2. The title001 - the thing you have downloaded
    3. PAL - obviously the game's region
    4. [Esp] - the language of the game Esp = spanish or sometime abbrev. as Spa
    5. .rar - the file extension ( i think varies to .rar, .zip, .iso or .daa )

    if it is PAL then better try it with USBLoaderGX. run it and insert the disc. Uh before you softmodded, Do the games you tried worked before without the B&W and the jumping thing?

  3. #10543
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ok. getting the usb loader working. almost there. will give feedback soon.

  4. #10544
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Homebrew update

    Hi and thanks for a great guide!
    When I start my homebrew channel it ask if I would do a update to version 1.06, is it safe to update to this version?

    Regards
    J

  5. #10545
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ok. got it working. read the tutorials and watched utube vids. ntsc works great pal works in black and white and shutters. i believe i can force pal in the settings to correct this. going to try now

    btw,
    i did check as requested and it is a u.

  6. #10546
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I got stuck on step 4 of this tutorial
    "install IOS60-patched first with Wad Manager using IOS249"

    I'm getting ERROR! (ret =-1)

    I looked through the error index but am unsure how to proceed.
    My SD card is fat32.

    any advice?

  7. #10547
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mac1 View Post
    Thanks nightstah ..i loaded priloader v3o4 and it worked fine [though the hacks are different to the ones in tut , i think i did it right] .
    Now i have another problem....when i try to install wad v4889 i get a 1035 error and when i try to install neogammer i get a 1029 error, i have looked in the error section in the tuts but dont really understand what to do , could somebody help a modding newbie with plain english for a thicko please

    PS: also i want to load the ...cIOScorp 3.6 for loading dvdr through the disc channel.....do i just load it to the root of sd card or do i have to put it in apps folder ...and do i have to uninstall the one i loaded in the tut first.

    PLEASE HELP ME SOMEBODY........i am so near yet so far

  8. #10548
    Junior Member NemesisEnforcer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mechlad View Post
    I got stuck on step 4 of this tutorial
    "install IOS60-patched first with Wad Manager using IOS249"

    I'm getting ERROR! (ret =-1)

    I looked through the error index but am unsure how to proceed.
    My SD card is fat32.

    any advice?
    I have that error a couple of times when I was soft modding my wii,try taking out your sd card out and put it back in again and make sure you got the files from this site and that they didn't got corrupted.Believe it or not the solution that worked for me was just taking out the sd card and inserting it back again on the wii,go figure.Good luck!

  9. #10549
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    DVD Read Error 1053

    I followed the steps to softmod my 4.1U wii.

    After completing all the steps I get the 1053 error when I try to load backup through Neogamma.

    But I m able to play games from USB.

    Have I done anything wrong?

  10. #10550
    Junior Member NemesisEnforcer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by venkat20 View Post
    I followed the steps to softmod my 4.1U wii.

    After completing all the steps I get the 1053 error when I try to load backup through Neogamma.

    But I m able to play games from USB.

    Have I done anything wrong?
    I believe that error and the 1048 one usually means that you have a wii that can't read dvd's so stick with you USB Hdd

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •