01-20-2010, 12:45 PM
i have bannerbricked my wii trying to install a wii menu theme (which was apparently bad). you're saying that i should get a drivekey modchip or is there one that will work for me? please reply!
01-21-2010, 03:35 PM
I`ve tried this on two Wii consoles, one has 3.2 fw and the other has 4.2u and so neither console will boot from the boot disc.
Suggestions would be appreciated.
01-23-2010, 05:02 AM
I'm have banned brick on 3.2 PAL and was same as Stevecass not able to boot any restore disk Wiihacks - Nintendo Wii Hacks Community - View Single Post - Unbrick Your Wii (Banner Brick)
Thanks Stevecass to advice for make disk auto boot.
I'm still try to load different disks, I'm was able to load old Homebrew Channel Installer disk, after autoboot patch (just load I'm not try reinstall Homebrew Channel)
Most important, I'm notice that after convert "Nintendo's Offical Wii BackUp Disk v1.31" to PAL, it boots successfully!
Update. I'm was to able load "Wad Manager ISO" after conver it to PAL region, I'm uninstalled problem channel, and all works now.
Last edited by whrmnn; 01-24-2010 at 02:03 AM.
01-24-2010, 07:28 AM
hola a todo el foro nose si es aqui donde debo poner este pot pero soy nuevo
y no se donde tengo que dirigirme para darme la vienvenida muchas gracias atodos
01-24-2010, 07:38 PM
Here's my boat:
- My Wii gets past the Health screen but then shows the error in the first post.
- I have Wii Drive Key installed and set to autoboot.
- If I boot into recovery mode it displays 3.3 (USA)
- I can boot official discs from recovery mode, but NOT burned discs.
- Burned discs of games turn the screen black (get rid of the firmware version on the bottom right) but don't boot.
- Burned recovery discs spin for a bit, but then do nothing.
- Super Smash Bros displays a screen that simply says "Please insert the Super Smash Bros Brawl disc." even when the game is in
Any advice? I have Animal Crossing, which maybe could fill up the memory if I keep starting new games? Just spitballing here really....
01-26-2010, 05:08 PM
OMG!!! UUDv2 Worked on my 4.1 system! THANK YOU!!
I banner bricked my Wii cause I was in a hurry creating an SNES wad (of a dump I own) and all I got was the black screen after the health warning.
My system is on 4.1 (waninkoko updated)
It has an old Wasabi v2 chip in it and many autoboot discs would NOT work.
I thought I was screwed cause I didn't have pre-loader, bootmii, twilight hack, or any kind of fail safe installed...
Then I tried the Universal Unbrick Disc V2 that someone posted on this thread and it worked all by itself!
I didn't even have to do the savemiifree gamecube controller thing...
Just popped the disc in and it booted up wad manager 1.3
I had to use a standard capacity SD cause 1.3 doesn't recognize SDHC.
WiiHacks is the best place to find REAL information that works!
Last edited by slickshoes19; 01-26-2010 at 05:11 PM.
01-31-2010, 01:30 PM
I am a newbie here at the forum, but have been reading a lot more than posting. (obviously since this is my 1st post)
My son in law bricked his Wii about as heavy of a brick as I can imagine. My question is how do I use hackmii to get into his system to restore or change IOS249 away from the proverbial blank IOS to make it work? Or is it hopeless. I am able to get the SD card to read in the reader and get the hackmii menu to come up but get lost at that point. Any help at all will be greatly appreciated. (Even if it is that I am totally out of luck!!!) Glad to be on board (ex sailor) an look forward to hearing from some of you younger and smarter guys or gals than I.
02-04-2010, 09:06 PM
yo tanks i nuv so be. cool
02-12-2010, 05:08 PM
My wii has a problem help please
I installed a zelda theme on my wii and now when i try to press any channel it frezzes but i could go to settings and data mangement so i dont think its semi bricked do you have any solutions.
02-12-2010, 05:32 PM
1. You only have two posts to your name and both are the same post just in different places. -.- This is called double posting and is against forum rules.
2. You obviously haven't read Trekstar's <!-- google_ad_section_start -->Newbies must start here! Guide to answer all questions!!!!!!!!! thread, even though you've posted in it. -.- Because down at the bottom of his post it gives this link, How to get the best search results!!!!
Here you will learn about the most important feature on this site, search. Try it.
Last edited by Ziut25; 02-13-2010 at 08:02 AM.
Tags for this Thread