10-29-2009, 12:28 AM
Here's my situation...
- I have system menu version 4.1u.
- Banner bombed and installed home brew... NO PRELOADER (doh!)
- Installed USB Loader
- I was installing some VC games and also let USB Loader update.
- At one point, I was able to access my USB drive which had 3 games on it.
- After the USB Loader update, I then had a duplicate USB Loader channel.
- At some point, I was forced to delete content off my Wii before the Wii would let me do anything due to lack of memory.
- I deleted some save games and Wii legit channels... reboot
- I get a partial rendering of the "system files are corrupted" before it locks.
THE ATTEMPTED UNBRICKING
- I call Nintendo and promptly get quoted about $90 and probably loss of data.
- I buy/install an autoboot enabled WiiDriveKey.
- I download/burn the Universal-Unbrick Disc v2. (uudv2)
- I hack a GC controller and get the SaveMiiFree hack working. I see 4.1usa.
- I tried multiple ways to get the UUDv2 disc to boot... no go.
- I tried booting a retail Wii game... no problem after first doing the SaveMiiFree boot.
- I've tried burning the UUDv2 disk at differing low speeds and just can't get my Wii to boot the disk.
Any advice? I'm afraid there is something larger going on. Maybe my homebrew channel got wiped somehow?
[EDIT] A few more small tidbits... this Wii was purchased within the first month of release. All my unbrick attempts were done with a Wii that was taken apart. Meaning... I had installed the MOD chip and didn't want to put it all back together just to discover my boot DVD wouldn't load.
Last edited by dqstrider; 10-29-2009 at 01:16 AM.
Reason: Added details.
10-29-2009, 12:39 AM
you could have deleted it. can a chip autoboot from SD card? can you access it in any way? there must be a way with savemii method
1 User Says Thank You messie For This Useful Post
10-29-2009, 01:14 AM
Good questions. I haven't heard of a mod chip allowing to boot to or from an SD card. It seems like I just need the right DVD.
I'm going to try different media, different burn speeds and a different burner tomorrow. I feel like I'm so close... but potentially so far away. I may even try to Nintendo backup disk image just in case.
I may have deleted the homebrew channel... but highly doubt it. Maybe i happened on accident. I was probably playing with fire when I was installing wad/channels and VC games from my SD card while running out of Wii drive space. That's when I'd try to load the Wii System Menu and it would bump me right into the Wii data manager with a warning about lack of space. I did this a few times and the first couple times everything worked OK... bummer. After all the resources I've put into unbricking... I'm starting to lose faith. (Oh... if only I had a preloader...)
On a positive note... if I have to send my Wii in... I'll have a WiiDriveKey all ready to install when I get the new Wii. $90 for a new Wii is better than full price.
10-29-2009, 01:18 AM
Could I be dealing with a WiiDriveKey that really isn't Autoboot preconfiged? I figure it was preconfiged to Autoboot correctly since my Retail Wii game loads when I SaveMiiFree.
10-29-2009, 01:53 AM
10-29-2009, 03:42 AM
Hi all, Can anyone help plz... Got Bricked Wii 3.4E, have Drive-key fitted- Original Gane Cube controller(modded) and the recovery disc as mentioned in this guide. Can get it to show firmware version, then when i insert disc it starts up but get only blank screen ( I use same discs as i would for games_ x2 speed).
Anyone with good ideas ??? Thx
10-29-2009, 04:11 AM
Hi everyone i need help im on FW 3.2E i have a drivekey and a savemii, i downloaded the file but all i get is a black screen, can anyone help me plz??????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????
10-29-2009, 07:07 AM
Originally Posted by messie
I get a partial rendering of the "system files are corrupted" screen before it locks. Only about 1/2 of the pixels render the text. I don't get to the health, push A screen.
10-29-2009, 07:48 AM
i wanted to ask a question about the autoboot drive key
iwanted to ask do i need to boot into the recovery mode using the gb controller savemiifrii before i use any autoboot disc??
or can i simply just install the Drivekey modchip to run the autoboot disc with a black screen brick wii??? (without using wiimiifrii)
10-29-2009, 10:07 AM
If you are asking if the process works differently than the instructions on this thread... I'm pretty sure it doesn't.
From my limited experience, you need a mod chip with Autoboot enabled. Here's my process:
- WiiDriveKey with Autoboot enabled... installed
- Put Universal unbrick disk in Wii
- Boot with SaveMiiFree GC controller hack
- Your Wii should load the boot disk... (Mine doesn't, but that's a different story)
The instructions say to put the disk in after the SaveMiiFree hack... but I found that I can get retail games to autoboot only if they are already in the system. But, my experience may be limited to only my case.
Originally Posted by Redemption
1 User Says Thank You dqstrider For This Useful Post
Tags for this Thread